Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    No bunk beds, they would have shown them in the trailer if there were any :(

True doesn't look like it :(
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Facial piercings, shower woohoo, all the hairstyles and clothes... This looks amazing! I'm really, really excited!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Nice trailer. I was hoping to see more of the traditional education aspects behind universities like lectures, professors, study groups...
    lol I'm boring. Can't wait to learn more though!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The girl at 0:48 has many face piercings 🤩🤩🤩
  • Options
    Looks like this guy here *might* be carrying a sketchbook? The one walking past the art class?
    9G11Z2Q.png

But looks like the art class is active, so I'm assuming they all are!

And just again, because I'm so happy they're bringing this back xD
    gyQTeiy.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Just noticed the eyebrow and nose piercings! And I love the cameo of Erwin from Strangerville! The new hairstyles are gorgeous too

I hope we can edit the campuses because based on previous pack history, they'll probably look emptier than they're presented in the trailer
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    Piercings. (And a counter recolor, or did we already have this one ?)

Edit : It's a base game counter.

6nGYoRA.png
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Nice trailer. I was hoping to see more of the traditional education aspects behind universities like lectures, professors, study groups...
    lol I'm boring. Can't wait to learn more though!

I feel the same. I hope there will be more traditional educational aspects in the game than there were shown. The "art class" in the screenshot posted above could just be Sims painting, and no class whatsoever.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Some screenshots from Origin.

K1M2ojf.png
    i5lWA9u.png
    VIhetUt.png
    vJuFRBG.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.

I'm not optimistic about it :s
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    “Bet you never saw this coming!”
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    Huh, looks a lot like Sims 3 university, which is not necessarily a bad thing. As a mom with four kids in different colleges -- why no lofts?
  • Options
    vJuFRBG.png

@PlanetSixam that bionic arm is brilliant though :D I wonder how many limbs we can replace?

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm hype for those ROBOTS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    SHOWER WOOHOO IS BACK!!!!

Finally :D

@catloverplayer is going to be beside herself!

Himself. He is male.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm really excited for it! The world looks more like the universities from the UK where I'm from, which makes me super happy. The stone and brick buildings are like our older unis, plus we have more modern ones. I'm probably going to redo the world and make it super British. We don't have greek houses or bunk beds (sharing rooms is pretty rare here, and where people share you would probably get twin beds anyway) so missing those aspects from this pack doesn't bother me.

I just hope the world is a decent size, that's my only worry now. I want to see the map view with lots & sizes. Then I can plan my rebuild as I do for every other world. If it's good, I may even get this pack on release date which I never usually do. Super happy with this trailer!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    vJuFRBG.png

@PlanetSixam that bionic arm is brilliant though :D I wonder how many limbs we can replace?

Thought she was wearing it on her arm, the trailer you see her arm as they leave the class
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Shower Woohoo
    Piercings
    Keg
    Sims get on and off bikes instead of teleport like with boats
    Pranks
    Pong Table
    New Kiss that comes with Shower Woohoo

Yes I'm pretty excited.

content that i will never use in the game and preordered as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    vJuFRBG.png

Thought she was wearing it on her arm, the trailer you see her arm as they leave the class

That's possible! It doesn't look like it in this image, but that doesn't mean much. Would be neat though xD

I'm also REALLY excited that sims can read / study directly in books, not just from laptops. Or well, if we can believe the trailer at least :)
    G6Ef81k.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Greedy me hopes there is going to be a sale pretty soon after the release :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Okay, so disscusion time simmers!! I'm sure you've all just watched Discover University and have opinions :D I personally am excited to play around with this pack, I do feel like young adults in the sims 4 just get a job, find love, start a family but now they can get an education woop woop B) Oh and which University did you like the most?

Totally want it and looking forward to it - been waiting a long time and so glad it's on the way. Not sure which Uni but definitely plan to go to the one with all the robots etc as I love dealing with high tech things and those fields in real life and in Sims life too. Try and get as much future as I can.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    Hmm, University was my second fave EP in TS3 and it's what I've been wanting in TS4 for years. But the trailer was a little bit underwhelming. Of course, it's amazing to see bikes, shower woohoo, robots and two universities. But I want to learn more about if we have active lectures, what the majors are and if there are major specific options. The things that really made TS3 awesome and the uni experience different from the everyday grind.

I think the blog post answers most some of your questions :) At least this part:

When it comes right down to it, college is all about the classes and your Sims have a huge selection of them to choose from. Biology? Sure thing. Computer Science? You bet. Villainy? Weirdly enough, yeah! There are lectures to attend, term papers to work on, and presentations to give. And, of course, attending classes (or blowing them off) will affect their final grades. Remember, the more they learn, the better they’ll be in their future careers, so no slacking if your Sims want to succeed.

I think the majors are biology, computer science, art history, and villainy? Not sure, but there appear to be active classes, and special clubs (robotics, debate, art).

No sorry this can't be correct - clearly you can also major in athletics? So there must be something missing here.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    No way it's actually true!!!!!!!!!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    jake2jake2 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @izecson said:
    > no bunk bed and no release date. also I bet servo is like patchy, just a minor sim.

the release date is at the nov 15th for pc/mac and dec 17th for xbox/ps4. its literally at the top of the discussion.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    vJuFRBG.png

If only lol.

I'm loving the sci-fi and robotics stuff going on, it makes me really want to see a futuristic pack again. I think I'll definitely be sending my Sims to Foxbury ;)

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.