Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mysterious chairs and a TV under Forgotten Hollow

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2019
    Does anything weird happen if you delete them or add more objects to the grouping?
    I was wondering if there is a way to snag them for use.

As far as I know there is no way to destroy or make sim use object since the access of this place is by the free camera, by disabling the mode by the tab you return to surface of the world.
    akaseven wrote: »
    I think I’m just being really dumb. I can zoom all the way out of the world but not look underneath like in those screenshots. Can anyone post a step by step guide?

ETA: Never mind. Turns out I was doing it right after all. I found em! Can’t zoom in very much on them, though.

Try to moving to it and take a photo, i am curious to know what appears in your case.
    When I get back from class today, I'll check the other worlds (except Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, Strangerville, Selvadorada, and Granite Falls as I don't have the necessary packs). If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Great. Yesterday i search in both worlds from realm of magic and don't find anything. The world of glimmer have just big rocks.

That's the closest I could get:
    ubzcr7t.png

you try get down using de 'Q'? but anyways seems to have a tv too, did any broom appear?
    Yes, that’s how I got there. I didn’t see any broom but it was so far away that whether or not a broom did appear I probably would not have seen it.

In any case, I was using tab mode from Vlad’s house and so were you. We seem to both have got a chair with a TV under it. Afai was using tab mode from a different house in forgotten Hollow and got a chair with a cake under it. So maybe there is a different chair for every house in FH

that's kind of interesting, I never paid attention to that park chair, is it really in buy mode?

anyways besides Q you can use E and to get the camera up, I'd love to know if there's more of these things out there.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    oarlORi.png

So we went back to the game and searched the living island world I didn't find anything there, I went back to the vampire world to see if the chairs were still there, and in fact they were advancing the time and no witch's broom appeared, however I ended up Going down and I noticed that there was some kind of notebook under the TV and some kind of weird sheet I never saw in the game. It reminds me of some magic tome.

FvIgYQM.png

i gonna try see this objects from the perspective of another lots, in this case its the same that i used before.

EDIT-

I switched to the lot next to the mansion, now there is a painting in the middle of the chairs and an interesting thing I didn't notice is the chimneys under the lot where I am, you can see it in other lots. I don't know if this is actually from the game or something from the lot. The lot I downloaded is from lilsimsie.

HucnFEE.png
    Post edited by akaseven on
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Huh, I wonder if this is a cause for the lag people are reporting.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Huh, I wonder if this is a cause for the lag people are reporting.

Or, could it be where the missing toilets from SV and the missing chairs from Myshuno Meadows in CL have gone? The plot thickens.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    Must be an error in the game...
  • Options
    ofDD wrote: »
    Why? I think it’s a pretty neat Easter egg

I also think.
    For what i noticed just only two things its fixed, the chairs, but in my case the tv too. The others seems random, but i realy dont understand why this happens, and for now i dont discover any world with objects below the world inself like that.
  • Options

Just a guess. I don’t understand theses Easter eggs :) ...
  • Options

I also think.
    For what i noticed just only two things its fixed, the chairs, but in my case the tv too. The others seems random, but i realy dont understand why this happens, and for now i dont discover any world with objects below the world inself like that.

Must be just the magic world that things are like that it happens like that.... :)
    To be honest i haven’t downloaded the game.
  • Options

I also think.

Must be just the magic world that things are like that it happens like that.... :)
    To be honest i haven’t downloaded the game.

I enjoyed and spent in the worlds of realm of magic and island living as they both brought hidden, but found nothing there.

Just a guess. I don’t understand theses Easter eggs :) ...

The idea is to try to theorize, in the end it's fun. I try to look at the programming side and still can't imagine anything, why put these objects below the world? There are still chimneys...
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Whaaaat. That is so strange. How did they even end up there in the first place?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    My guess is it's just a glitch. We aren't really "supposed" to zoom that far out. I doubt it's a meaningful Easter egg, because the objects are so random.
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »

sometimes in games programmers forget to take objects that were once there as anchors for some kind of testing. Other times it is for easter egg or even for the working of the world.
    Example of both cases

In tomb raider legend you can see a model of the old home under a tomb in one of the stages.
    In fallout there is a person running under the tracks that serves as animation for the subway

lmao
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    GuKTFjg.png

so I was playing normally in the lot of the vampire mansion with my sims when a rainbow appeared due to the season and I used the free camera to take a picture, but I ended up slipping the keyboard and leaving the edge of the world when I found a very distant object . As I approached I was questioned, two chair and a TV underneath, I never saw anything kind and found comic. The most bizzaro was that after a certain period a witch's broom would begin to appear on the spot and then disappear. Scary no?

Zkwh4Rn.png

GK6DnJn.png

does anyone have any explanation for these objects? lmao

how do you even get under the world?

never tried
    thanks
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Man, that is bizarre :o
    I remember in TS3 in Sunlit Tides (I think that's the name) you could zoom right into the heart of the volcano and find a bearskin rug and a picnic set, but I think that was the devs trolling us as people (not me I hasten to add as I think they're horrid) kept asking and asking for a bearskin rug...
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    GuKTFjg.png

so I was playing normally in the lot of the vampire mansion with my sims when a rainbow appeared due to the season and I used the free camera to take a picture, but I ended up slipping the keyboard and leaving the edge of the world when I found a very distant object . As I approached I was questioned, two chair and a TV underneath, I never saw anything kind and found comic. The most bizzaro was that after a certain period a witch's broom would begin to appear on the spot and then disappear. Scary no?

Zkwh4Rn.png

GK6DnJn.png

does anyone have any explanation for these objects? lmao

how do you even get under the world?

never tried
    thanks

you can use the free camera mode press tab, and move with wasd, if you press q and e you can up and down the camera, basically you need move for distant of world and press tab to get off the edge of the world
    Man, that is bizarre :o
    I remember in TS3 in Sunlit Tides (I think that's the name) you could zoom right into the heart of the volcano and find a bearskin rug and a picnic set, but I think that was the devs trolling us as people (not me I hasten to add as I think they're horrid) kept asking and asking for a bearskin rug...

curious, i didn't know i had these objects in the sims 3.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Tried it yesterday, could get under the world, but not a hint of the items. Am guessing they are the product of a pack I don't have, probably Seasons, as that is the only major pack I'm missing up to my game's stop point of Strangerville.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I guess hiding from the sun in their house or a coffin isn't enough for some vampires, they prefer to go completely underground and are setting up a living room down there.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »

sometimes in games programmers forget to take objects that were once there as anchors for some kind of testing. Other times it is for easter egg or even for the working of the world.
    Example of both cases

In tomb raider legend you can see a model of the old home under a tomb in one of the stages.
    In fallout there is a person running under the tracks that serves as animation for the subway

lmao

Oh, that makes sense.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    See I don't zoom out anymore, Because last time I zoomed out (In 2016) My game crashed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why do I feel like that anomaly might be causing some weird lag in the game?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    This thread is so interesting, I want to go in game to see what I find.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Stuff like this is so fascinating to me! I used to explore off map all the time in Animal Crossing before it got patched out. Can't wait to try this when I get home.
  • Options
    okays this post stays frozen for somewhile but i found a new misterious objects on san myshuno, i really dont understand this things, but i like to share this little crazy stuff

ldWEq4g.jpg
    wsJTqkP.jpg

Its kind weird, because the last object down of the world that i see was in forgotten hollow
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Cool! I wonder what it means or what else is out there