Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mysterious chairs and a TV under Forgotten Hollow

GuKTFjg.png

so I was playing normally in the lot of the vampire mansion with my sims when a rainbow appeared due to the season and I used the free camera to take a picture, but I ended up slipping the keyboard and leaving the edge of the world when I found a very distant object . As I approached I was questioned, two chair and a TV underneath, I never saw anything kind and found comic. The most bizzaro was that after a certain period a witch's broom would begin to appear on the spot and then disappear. Scary no?

Zkwh4Rn.png

GK6DnJn.png

does anyone have any explanation for these objects? lmao

Comments

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited September 2019
    My gosh, this is amazing. LGR needs to see this. Magic chairs.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I'm curious if the witch's broom existed before Realm of Magic was announced or even if it was there since Vampires came out.

If it was...maybe some under the map exploring could reveal future packs in other worlds
    EMrBkJP.png
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    I'm curious if the witch's broom existed before Realm of Magic was announced or even if it was there since Vampires came out.

If it was...maybe some under the map exploring could reveal future packs in other worlds

Same thing here. I never stopped to see the worlds underneath. and I think even if someone doesn't have realm of magic in the game the broom might still show up since the ROM data is already updated in the base game itself.

Let's search some random objets in other worlds then
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i remember finding a few random objects in the willow creek neighborhood with the 50x50 lot and the lot the spencer-kim-lewis family begins in...off to the side past the lighthouse, one of the distant houses had a bunch of random furniture in the yard

going back to check, it looks like the furniture has been removed, but that was years ago, could have been done any time, though i kind of feel it would have been spotted/fixed while double checking how seasons affected every world
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    shooketh
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    How did you zoom out to the entire world like that?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    How do you see underneath a world?

basically you zoom out using the normal camera of the game as far as you can when you can't zoom out anymore, enter free camera mode using the tab and move with wasd to the edge of the world, the camera will start moving faster then just go practicing.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i remember finding a few random objects in the willow creek neighborhood with the 50x50 lot and the lot the spencer-kim-lewis family begins in...off to the side past the lighthouse, one of the distant houses had a bunch of random furniture in the yard

going back to check, it looks like the furniture has been removed, but that was years ago, could have been done any time, though i kind of feel it would have been spotted/fixed while double checking how seasons affected every world

I have the same feeling, I think that I saw this before, but at the time I didn't care because as far as I remember it was just a tree.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    akaseven wrote: »

basically you zoom out using the normal camera of the game as far as you can when you can't zoom out anymore, enter free camera mode using the tab and move with wasd to the edge of the world, the camera will start moving faster then just go practicing.

I figured it was in tab mode and I was successfully able to zoom out in tab mode so that I can go out of Forgotten Hollow and view its edge but for some reason I cannot go underneath it.

ETA: Actually pressing Q seems to let you go underneath but I’m having trouble finding the chair and broom
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I just found them omg
    oFoe5FW.png
    pKkiT2n.png
    ggoqrbX.png
    But why does mine have a cake and other things, and not a TV? And either mine doesn't have the broom or I didn't wait long enough for it to appear

@MaggieMarley You have to go quite far down, it's kinda a blink and you'll miss em type thing
    afai1261 wrote: »
    I just found them omg
    oFoe5FW.png
    pKkiT2n.png
    ggoqrbX.png
    But why does mine have a cake and other things, and not a TV? And either mine doesn't have the broom or I didn't wait long enough for it to appear

@MaggieMarley You have to go quite far down, it's kinda a blink and you'll miss em type thing

ours is quite different, from what I saw it seems that there is something else besides the cake, there seems to be some arrangement at Seasons.

The broom appear sometimes like 20 seconds and after he hidden again.

I figured it was in tab mode and I was successfully able to zoom out in tab mode so that I can go out of Forgotten Hollow and view its edge but for some reason I cannot go underneath it.

ETA: Actually pressing Q seems to let you go underneath but I’m having trouble finding the chair and broom

In my experience I was in the Mansion of vampires aka house of Vladmir. maybe they change based on the lot you are.
    edited September 2019
    I was on the lot that starts out empty (have a house there for my main vampire family)
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong. This is all I see

f88dcyf.png

I believe you are above the world, not below it

f88dcyf.png

Nope definitely below it. From above the world I could see the tops of mountains and things.

f88dcyf.png

Nope definitely below it. From above the world I could see the tops of mountains and things.

Maybe it's because it's snowing? You can use Z for zoom and looking for around without moving.
    edited September 2019
    Mine just appears to have a pile of books, a cake and a llamacorn, along with some other toys and stuff
    RXLlhfw.png

There they are
    cLnXRTm.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    When I get back from class today, I'll check the other worlds (except Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, Strangerville, Selvadorada, and Granite Falls as I don't have the necessary packs). If I find anything, I'll post it here.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited September 2019
    I think I’m just being really dumb. I can zoom all the way out of the world but not look underneath like in those screenshots. Can anyone post a step by step guide?

ETA: Never mind. Turns out I was doing it right after all. I found em! Can’t zoom in very much on them, though.
    I think I’m just being really dumb. I can zoom all the way out of the world but not look underneath like in those screenshots. Can anyone post a step by step guide?

ETA: Never mind. Turns out I was doing it right after all. I found em! Can’t zoom in very much on them, though.

Try to moving to it and take a photo, i am curious to know what appears in your case.
    When I get back from class today, I'll check the other worlds (except Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, Strangerville, Selvadorada, and Granite Falls as I don't have the necessary packs). If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Great. Yesterday i search in both worlds from realm of magic and don't find anything. The world of glimmer have just big rocks.

Try to moving to it and take a photo, i am curious to know what appears in your case.

Great. Yesterday i search in both worlds from realm of magic and don't find anything. The world of glimmer have just big rocks.

That's the closest I could get:
    ubzcr7t.png

ubzcr7t.png

you try get down using de 'Q'? but anyways seems to have a tv too, did any broom appear?

ubzcr7t.png

you try get down using de 'Q'? but anyways seems to have a tv too, did any broom appear?
    Yes, that’s how I got there. I didn’t see any broom but it was so far away that whether or not a broom did appear I probably would not have seen it.

In any case, I was using tab mode from Vlad’s house and so were you. We seem to both have got a chair with a TV under it. Afai was using tab mode from a different house in forgotten Hollow and got a chair with a cake under it. So maybe there is a different chair for every house in FH
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Does anything weird happen if you delete them or add more objects to the grouping?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I was wondering if there is a way to snag them for use.