Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, nearly 20 years into the series, this is the kind of innovation that I love

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZ4XpaoW-A

EA, if you haven't already seen this video, please take notes. This is the kind of innovation that I had expected to see in a Sims game, twenty years into the series. If Masse's character creation and gameplay are anywhere near as forward-thinking and imaginative as Mr. build mode, the Sims series is already way behind.

Please consider this as you lay the foundation for the inevitable successor to TS4. Please.

I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I saw that the other day and it's so cool.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    The desk lamp turned into a whole floor lamp! 😱🤭 wow!!
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    last time I saw paralives video it had different artstyle, i prefer this new artstyle
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Wow this is amazing, after create a style - this is the kind of big feature upgrade you expect to see, not "emotions". 😏
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Awesome. 😱 Can't wait to see character creation and gameplay.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think it has some good elements. There is nothing wrong with a bit of competition! I love TS4, and I thank EA that TS4 and the Sims series exists. However, I will diffidently support any company that makes these kinds of games that are similar to the Sims.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The art style is much better than when I last saw a video from them, it looks very nice still a little flat for my taste but the glow and lighting look great. The first video released made me think of very low priced games to be honest. Since I'm not very interested in building I can't wait to see what the people look like, act like ect in this game. Will be interested to see how this further shapes up. I'm sure I'll give the game a try after it's released.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I love the Sims and always have. I suppose I'm loyal in that sense as it keeps me coming back.
    However, I have been watching Massé's work on Twitter and follow a few accounts that are also showcasing what he's doing and I'm impressed. I'm watching it quietly thus far but every video or image etc I'm thinking "wow, there's something new there!"
    This forum is incredibly divided about it, but I for one am looking forward to seeing what happens with this and I'd be keen to get my hands on it and try it out when it releases. I know we're talking a fair way in to the future just for now.
    As another poster said above, we're watching someone listen to their audience using a platform you can tell they're familiar with.
    If the gameplay is good then word will easily get round about this game (it is already starting to!)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honnestly I dont want EA to continue too, 20 years later they are still so bad and minimalist. I'm going to give a chance to Paralives now, I'm not a simmer anymore, just play TS3 and TS2. Maybe for the first opus of Paralives the Parafolks and graphics overall won't be that amazing, but the gameplay is there. Remember TS1 started like that too. So maybe Paralives 2 will have incredible gameplay plus amazing graphics.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am so curious about Paralives. Trying not to get my hopes up because of last time, but from what I have seen so far, I hope they take Maxis on as a competitor like how City Skylines did for Sim City.

The only way we could probably see this happening is giving Paralives more attention than TS4 could ever get and based off what we've seen, that is a plausible scenario. What's less plausible is TS4 becoming a better game because of Paralives since I don't expect it to have them change their ways. We'll have to see, though.

Paralives' build mode is already looking like something even I'd use and I dislike building. Assuming that when the game releases, it will feature the build mode we've seen in these clips, Paralives will have created a very important aspect in a life simulation game and do it well. But I'm wondering how the character creation and gameplay will turn out.

Now IF Paralives can deliver on those as well (which I sincerely hope it does) and then set it up to allow mods and CC be put into the game? Then it's going to make TS4 look so embarrassingly bad. And I say good. Great, even. Fantastic.

Definitely keeping an eye on this game's development. I'll even join his patreon. The developer states that he's a huge fan of life simulation games which is the kind of person I'd want developing... a life simulation game. I want him to succeed.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    According to the developer’s Patreon, he is getting $3,450 a month in donations. Compared to the money that EA has at its disposal, it’s not a lot. Do you think it’s going to be enough money to develop a game which can rival TS4? That’s what worries me. I may have to join his Patreon.

ETA: I just did a quick google and apparently The Sims probably cost between $50 million and $100 million to develop :o:s
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    According to the developer’s Patreon, he is getting $3,450 a month in donations. Compared to the money that EA has at its disposal, it’s not a lot. Do you think it’s going to be enough money to develop a game which can rival TS4? That’s what worries me. I may have to join his Patreon.

ETA: I just did a quick google and apparently The Sims probably cost between $50 million and $100 million to develop :o:s

Money doesn't actually matter as much for indie game development as it does for 'Triple-A' titles, most of the money that was spent on The Sims 4 goes into marketing it.
    raw
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

Money doesn't actually matter as much for indie game development as it does for 'Triple-A' titles, most of the money that was spent on The Sims 4 goes into marketing it.

That’s good to know.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

That’s good to know.

Yeah, it's strange to think of, but Indie games developers can make games that in some cases are far superior to the 'triple-A' titles with far less. Probably because they don't have big corporations breathing down their necks or stealing diverting money elsewhere... That and they usually have passion for the games they are making.
    raw
  • Options
    Now IF Paralives can deliver on those as well (which I sincerely hope it does) and then set it up to allow mods and CC be put into the game?

Mods and CC will work through Steam Workshop, though script mods haven't been set up to work yet. I'm sure Alex will allow for script mods if people ask, it may just be a case that they're not supported yet simply because it's early days.

It's already been shown that you can overhaul the graphics if you want, to show the extent of mods. People over on the Discord are already making their own graphic sets using the tools Alex has said will work, like Blender. One person even recreated the house from the early screenshots.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Now IF Paralives can deliver on those as well (which I sincerely hope it does) and then set it up to allow mods and CC be put into the game?

Mods and CC will work through Steam Workshop, though script mods haven't been set up to work yet. I'm sure Alex will allow for script mods if people ask, it may just be a case that they're not supported yet simply because it's early days.

It's already been shown that you can overhaul the graphics if you want, to show the extent of mods. People over on the Discord are already making their own graphic sets using the tools Alex has said will work, like Blender. One person even recreated the house from the early screenshots.

Simtroverted on twitter is also making CC for paralives already and is working through making a ton of IKEA stuff. They're also taking suggestions from other players at CC they would like to see. Someone suggested rustic / farmhouse furniture for example. The stuff at the moment looks great. So I am following pretty closely!

As for mods, if the gameplay and personalities of the parafolk are good, mods are less essential for me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have been waiting twenty years to see this type of customization and removal of set footprint. Custom creators have tried to remove footprint from some things in all these games but honestly sometimes it never works out. The Sim would put an object on the side (slot) that had been removed (invisible). This is so amazing, and what I had hoped for in the fourth iteration of The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Honestly, all the build stuff that has been shown for Paralives so far looks amazing. But I love the build mode in TS4 too, even if it's not this versatile. So I'll hold off on praising this until we've seen some actual gameplay - so I'm guessing a few years down the line? It's not that it doesn't look good, but if we've learned anything from TS4, it's that it should be about far more than just looking good. :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    This guy's attention to detail, plus his familiarity with the engine he is using, bodes very well for the framework and base game in general.
    I could be wrong, but I think he's going to blow this out of the water.

I only hope and the I think one of the ways for this to succeed by him being an Sims player and saw angles of play that Sims 4 lacked and also expanded on Sims existing gameplay without walking into any copyright traps and you know EA/Maxis watching and waiting. I am waiting for an Alpha model and hope there is an demo. The build mode is excellent so far but he may have still ways to go. Take your time and get it right Patreon!
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen