Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Sims 4 University Expectations?

Low, high or do you not care for it at all?

What are your Sims 4 University Expectations? 204 votes

Very High
6%
auroraael14DESERTFLOWER1981Jnyxgoodcakebaker62davina1221mercy55funmariajane216kphillips2977SayoLoireGeralt_ofRiviaRouensimsIVXXXVI_000keygothiclandgrabbs 14 votes
High
16%
IceyJstoryyWedWritin_RegCinebarstilljustme2R0bertapixiejuiceAavinaashSimmerSophie96DevilNDisguiseTomaTeriservuleadamzaidaleeeexxxpsuzyl3FurSimsOfficialNatachaSimanitemika 34 votes
Medium
32%
CK213catmom1987alexspoom13aprilroseyouilivefor92PlayerSinger2010Isb917SimQueenie9IrdiwenAnmirlaJestTruloubyloulouBearly_MediaKalaniCoolJerrelloHestiataydevKhrisstyneMVWdeZTPlumbobCrossing 66 votes
Low
19%
IcewolfBreeNillaEvilWitch83rhaliusElegantblkchina1Moon_Willowfruitsbasket101SlayeurTownsimmietimeGracieO312bixtersSelinaKylesstormycurlsIvyeyedSimmerMarsGrouchybeastjooxisHarujii_domina89bythedreadwolf 40 votes
Very Low
8%
rudy8292mock68AngelluluMilutinMujovic3PupDLSBabykittyjadewormstache999SavvySimmieaws200Sigzy05ChadSims2ScobrePukingautotunecosta09afai1261SantanikaT0xicCUpcakes 17 votes
Don't Care/Other
16%
playermarko456Jaline33Bluebeard45Simburiancandy8Paigeisin5friendlysimmersrobyngravessekojranaXxAkiraXx1ashcrash19bevilleGlimmer50adele_katQueenMercysillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtPamtastic72AuronoiChieftainCupid 33 votes

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I'm just hoping for some cute clothes or hair and that's really it. Maybe it's because I'm a student myself, but the idea of sending my sims to college bores the crap out of me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Low
    Sadly, they're kind of low. To be completely honest, Ts3 university wasn't that great, at least not after a few playthroughs. Too much of the same thing over and over again. I hope that they'll have made some improvements, like not making living on campus required, but I'm keeping my expectations low.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2019
    Medium
    Medium. I tend to buy university for the things, not the university itself. new lots, build/buy - my favorite thing from Sims 3 University was the comic book store. Hope we have something similar here.

Also, we had better get bunk beds.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Low
    its a mixture of this not being up my alley since im a uni student right now, i don't wanna live it out virtually as well and eh. i don't really see what fun stuff this can offer aside from some cool objects like vending machines and bunkbeds.
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited September 2019
    Don't Care/Other
    I'd have to say it is pretty low. University in Sims 3 wasn't so great, however, University in Sims 2 was amazing. Sims 2 had diverse clothing options: rebel, goth, jock, prep, and socialite. There were secret societies, keg parties, and an outstanding soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFyKQ77v6lw&list=PLx0GEoXtuy8rNMArxk6vfs2oR9I9pUJin

Clothing option:
    hipffzvqiq231.jpg
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Medium
    I was in love with sims 2 university and then when I moved to sims 3 and uni came out, it was not what I expected especially it was really buggy (Took too long for sims to go through 1 door that class was finished by the time my sim sat down). I think considering that some of the packs have been lackluster, IMO, I don't have high expectations.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We're still not positive it isn't clickbait- remember that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Medium
    I just wanted to see new factories, like a candy factory and/or soda bottler. Maybe an active factory career for once.
  • Options
    RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    High
    I just hope it's more realistic with school fees and sims that have gone to university should really have an advantage over sims that have not in the same career tracks. Of course I really look forward to CAS and interesting build mode items that are not just decorative but interactive and different from previous university packs.
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I am actually sort of anxious for Sims 4 University (much like real life university). I played University in the Sims 3, and to me it felt like a stressful nonsensical trip from the real (sims) world to this weird microcosm where you hung out for a weak and nearly drove your sims to insanity to get a degree that really doesn't help much when they get back home. I'm worried the Sims 4 will take a similar approach and university will become a tedious tacked on feature in the game.

Basically everything about university (in real life or sims) is sort of overwhelming and it feels so different to the gameplay we currently have that I have serious concerns that the pack could ruin the game style or immersion.

For people who want this pack, I am happy, but it puts me on edge in ways I don't think I can explain :s
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Low
    I just expect a new world and clothing...don’t expect the clothing to be any good though.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Very High

I feel pretty confident this is happening, although until it's confirmed by EA, it's not 100%. But first we had the leak from the rapper, and then we had the Target leak. The Simmer who made the video spoke with three different Targets, and people leaving comments on YouTube also spoke with their local Targets, who also confirmed that this pack was in Target's system.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Low

Either way, this is the speculation thread.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Medium
    The only thing I would be interested in is new active careers, frat, sororities, and more sports. Hopefully a pool table...
  • Options
    Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Low
    well, it's sims 4 so i'm not expecting much. i hope we get fun activities like in sims 2 but then again it's sims 4...
  • Options
    Don't Care/Other
    i honestly dont care like for real. i think get to work was cool and everything but i just dont like my sims being on active professions cos it feels repetetive and monotonous in game and real life.

i'd rather prefer it to be called 'campus living' which our sims can rent dorms, hangout at venues, join varsity and sport teams, create social groups, enjoy late night parties, spill some tea and create drama and just more woohoo and everything.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Medium
    I’m afraid to be disappointed, as what I want most are customizable programmes, college possibilities and preparations for teens, a roommates system, multiple new careers (architecture!), bunk beds and way more school options for kids.

So I’m keeping it down till we know more.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Low
    Low, I'm afraid, and not because it's not seemingly the pack for me. Recent EPs haven't been great, lacking in depth and quality control. I hope the recent criticism from some well-known game changers make them take notice, since they haven't taken notice of the rest of us. I felt the comment about the poor builds in RoM being for the "lilsimmsies of the world to fix" was a slap in the face. And this is nothing against Lilsimsie, but builds should be right, not half done with excuses we're going to change them anyway. So what if we are? We're paying for a product so it should be complete and up to par. What we do with it afterwards is up to us.

So, back to Uni, or any new pack. My expectations are low until the next one does come out and we can see an improvement, and then going forward it is consistent.
  • Options
    Low
    I'd have to say it is pretty low. University in Sims 3 wasn't so great, however, University in Sims 2 was amazing. Sims 2 had diverse clothing options: rebel, goth, jock, prep, and socialite. There were secret societies, keg parties, and an outstanding soundtrack.

It actually had consequences in TS2 by granting extra want slots and an extra want lock if you completed particular segments, plus there were unique careers that you could only join if you had qualifications from Uni which in turn led to unique rewards you couldn't unlock through any other means. Expulsion and failure granted an extra fear slot. Consequences lasted for the rest of your Sim's life.

Considering that the young adult life stage was literally put into the series to accommodate University, I'm amazed it's taken this long to bring this pack out. Right now the young adult and adult stages just feel like the same, long state.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Low
    I'm not expecting much from it but I know I will still end up being disappointed, lol.

University in TS3 was okay-ish. I honestly just remember going to parties with my sims and getting drunk, which was fun and I do hope this will return to TS4. But I actually really liked TS2's University. I'd love for it to be something like that but I'm not holding my breath.

The only thing that I'm more excited about is being able to finally have roommates, and live in the same building as other non-playable sims. I'm sure the community will find a way to turn that into REAL apartments and not the disappointment we got with City Living.

But then again, I honestly would not be surprised if they don't even give us an actual roommate system and you'll have to go through loading screens to visit rooms on campus. Lol That would be hilariously bad.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    High
    i have high hopes that this is going to be a pack that will rival seasons...or at least i hope so. this years dlc has been meh all around so im expecting this one to be amazing. the simgurus should know by now that uni is a pack that is requested by alot of people so i just hope they set the bar high with this expansion
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Medium
    I hope it's not like ROM:

Replace Sages with Professors, replace Cauldrons with Desks, replace magic vendors with school supplies vendors, replace Bookshelves with... Bookshelves. A poorly built University Building with Don Lothario, Johnny Zest & Penny Pizzazz walking about in Situational University Clothing.

I prefer they add tools for University customization as opposed to building inflexible, linear mechanics, and thus, linear, inflexible gameplay.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Medium
    These are things that showed up in University and University Life that aren't already in The Sims 4:
    • Majors
    • Scholarships
    • Dorms & Greek Houses
    • Student Unions
    • College neighborhood
    • Juice Keg
    • Pool Table

Comparing it to other Sims 4 expansions, I feel fairly confident that we'll get most of the things on that list. That's my expectation level and would be pretty happy with just that.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I don’t have any real expectations for packs. I’m sorry it leaked so early because knowing this community it will pretty much ruin the launch. Because by the time they officially announce it people will have built up their expectations to a place that it can’t possibly meet and then I expect within days of release there will be a lot of bitter backlash and abject disappointment.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Medium
    I honestly don’t know what to expect, so I’m going to have to go with medium. TS2 University was one of my favourite eps and ideally this is how I hope it will be handled for this next pack, but ts3 version left me very disappointed, so I’m guess it could go either way tbh 😬 Still excited either way, but also kinda bracing myself in the event it lets me down.