Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you making your own Familiars in Cats and Dogs? Share!

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It has been so much fun to see everyone’s future familiars that I have started painting on my own. Thanks for posting everyone, it is a fun way to create and wait together.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    How do you post your pictures of your sims & their pets? I don't use mods.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How do you post your pictures of your sims & their pets? I don't use mods.

Just post it on like tumblr or instagram or somewhere and then click view image copy that link post it here
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    tumblr_pxcvw054FN1ytk708o1_540.png

Ha ha, here we have the little bugger. Not quite done with Timjan yet but it is getting close. Theory, the night elves were simply too irritated with little Timjan here so he got a quick trip into a portal at some point. No worries, a erratic and kindhearted little girl found the furry critter and they have been fast friends ever since.

Timjan has purple and green-copper- fur all over his body and a smattering of leaves running along his back. Almost done with the leaves :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Ha ha, here we have the little bugger. Not quite done with Timjan yet but it is getting close. Theory, the night elves were simply too irritated with little Timjan here so he got a quick trip into a portal at some point. No worries, a erratic and kindhearted little girl found the furry critter and they have been fast friends ever since.

Timjan has purple and green-copper- fur all over his body and a smattering of leaves running along his back. Almost done with the leaves :)

Oh, he's adorable! They look really good together. ♥️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Oh, he's adorable! They look really good together. ♥️

Thank you :)

Timjan had subtle orange tones around the nose in CAS and lots of other little things on the sides but none of that could be seen out in the world. Gahh, I will drag the poor thing into CAS again and firmly say “stage-cat” so that I remember to go a bit overboard in there lol :D
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

He is super cute. Will he be on the gallery?
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

I can add him when I’m finished if you like me too. I’ll post a new pic when he is done so you know what he looks like :)
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

I can add him when I’m finished if you like me too. I’ll post a new pic when he is done so you know what he looks like :)

Okay thank you @SilentKitty I would really appreciate it. He is sooo cute.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't have pictures but someone created this really cute rat and I just had to add it into my game as I never seen anything like it. Adorable and creative. It even squeaked in the game, it is more like a rat than a cat.

The other two I plan on adding as familiars besides in Realm of Magic is cat based off my cat and Mayor Whiskers. Since I will have multiple households, I will give them each a familiar.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    What happens to our pets if we turn them to familiars? Do they turn into those floating creatures? Can we change them back to pets again? I haven't seen any info about this.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Kimmer I’m not sure whether we can turn them back (though I imagine that we can) but I know that they don’t start floating. Their appearance won’t change except for the fact that they will sparkle. They will remain pets but will fill the role of a familiar in that they will give their spellcaster XP boosts, protect them from death etc. I believe their needs may also decline at a slower rate but that may not be true since I don’t remember where I heard it.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    @Kimmer I’m not sure whether we can turn them back (though I imagine that we can) but I know that they don’t start floating. Their appearance won’t change except for the fact that they will sparkle. They will remain pets but will fill the role of a familiar in that they will give their spellcaster XP boosts, protect them from death etc. I believe their needs may also decline at a slower rate but that may not be true since I don’t remember where I heard it.

Thanks for the info. :)
    I was afraid that they will stop being pets and we couldn't interact with them anymore.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

Oh my gosh Widderkin is adorable <3

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

I need this cutie pie in my game, please tell me you've uploaded him on the Gallery... <3<3<3
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't made any dogs and cats familiars yet, but I'm so looking forward to it! I've got an idea of a semi-black cat with some star patterns on her back and some circles and waves on her belly to match the whole magical aesthetic.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

I need this cutie pie in my game, please tell me you've uploaded him on the Gallery... <3<3<3

@gothprincess4ever aww thank you. I did :)

My dragon cat is on the gallery here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD3823B1B68911E88F7BB573E4FD424D?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

Also he might be a she... I can’t remember haha
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    2019-09-07%203_zpsjb7wyssl.png
    This is Raindrop, he'll be my sim's familiar once she ages into a teen and be able to become a spellcaster :-)
  • Options

Those who like to use CC, take a look at

https://kalino-thesims.tumblr.com/

tumblr_p96z9mFLrh1tv6g68o1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_p9a2e6bqbW1sbsuam_500.jpg

Might make one "hippogrif" for myself later on, right now I am testing mods and CC. Thinking that if I make Feathers into a ghost any wing-clippings will be less irksome just because it is a ghost. There are just so so many fun things you can do.

Cheers!
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Oh, man. My main already has his kitty, but the idea of having a llama familiar is... amazing.
  • Options
    Okay, I finally named all of my Widderkins and re-uploaded them to the Gallery.

I have yet a few more Familiars to share, some new, some old (that were tweaked a bit). Yes, I love creating Sims, haha.

A long time ago, I made an Egyptian household. When Cats and Dogs came out, I created Avatars of Anubis and Bast to add to it. So to make them look a little more like magical Familiars, I recently added Egyptian Ankh collars to them in Create-a-Pet. Anubis has a gold one and Bast is wearing Lapis Lazuli to match her eyes, which I also changed slightly.
    Anubis:

5AK88Fj.jpg

Bast:

zFwki8o.jpg

And these other two are new. I was messing around to see what I could come up with:
    This is Seraphim. I wanted to see if I could make it look like he had wings. While they do look feathery, I think they look kind of weird from some angles, so they didn't come out like I wanted them. Maybe someone with more talent can do a better one. :D I do like his face markings, though.

CSlcehv.jpg

Finally, I have a little goblin. I actually really love him. I'll probably give him to one of my Fairies. I didn't name him before uploading, just called him "Goblin", but I think I'm going to officially name him Gobbledygook. <3

C70iQ8F.jpg

For some reason, I tend to mostly create male cats. But anyone can feel free to change that, or anything else if they wish. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member

All of these are so creative!

This is Protego and he is very misunderstood just because he is half Rottweiler and half German Shepherd. No sim wants to adopt him from the shelter yet because they think he will be ferocious. The truth is he's very well trained and will be happy to protect good witches from mean ones. I'll upload him to the gallery in two days.

0NOuxRs.png
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I have a wolfdog downloaded from the gallery, waiting for the right time... RoM might be it.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

I LOL’d hard at this haha

—T
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Nothing fancy, I'm just gonna familiar a regular cat I just can't decide between classic black or white:

eVtZiGA.png

cBEEwGD.png
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    revgrv wrote: »
    Nothing fancy, I'm just gonna familiar a regular cat I just can't decide between classic black or white:

eVtZiGA.png

cBEEwGD.png

Ooh, I love them both. <3

I think you can have two and switch off which one is your acting Familiar. They make me think of Yin and Yang. You could have one be vicious and one be docile. The active one would depend on the Spellcaster's mood.
    #Team Occult