Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think Muslim inspired clothing was either made or introduced wrong

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    So much for an accepting community.

yeah that's the problem.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited September 2019
    Are people going nuts on Tumblr and Twitter, Facebook? This would be major free advertising if so. Which might explain the wording.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    And while I’m here, why was a menorah added to the game but they can’t call Christmas, “Christmas”? It has to be called “Winterfest”?

It’s almost like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

You can just call it Christmas though. Literally change the text.

Irrelevant.

What I’m saying is the game chose not to use the word “Christmas” due to religious connotation but they’re perfectly fine with included a menorah which has religious connotation.

Again, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

There are Christmas trees and Father Winter who brings you presents. You can sing carols. I built a church and made a church club. They give speeches and sing and play the organ.

You clearly do not understand what I am saying and rather than continue to fruitlessly go back and forth with you on the matter, I would ask that you no longer quote me in this thread.

Thank you.

Oh I understand what you are trying to say and I disagree with the point you are trying to make.

But I'll stop quoting you.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

So being hopeful that the CAS items are disabled for random is being not accepting to you? This is an honest question. The new content has no place or purpose in my game. I hope I am not forced to find a mod to make sure the items are not spawned on random townies when they generate. I have to do that for other CAS items, so it would just be another mod added to the list.
  • Options

So being hopeful that the CAS items are disabled for random is being not accepting to you? This is an honest question. The new content has no place or purpose in my game. I hope I am not forced to find a mod to make sure the items are not spawned on random townies when they generate. I have to do that for other CAS items, so it would just be another mod added to the list.

you, dearie are on the wrong thread.. the problem on this thread is hijab=relgious
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

You can not possible believe the real issue here is if the items will be disabled for random or not lol
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2019

I highly doubt that was the specific point to which they were responding, but as someone who fully welcomes the additions, I also would prefer that they are disabled for random.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly, I can understand people not wanting this content in their game for multiple reasons, but I just think it's so stupid to use the argument that there's no Christian content in The Sims, so there shouldn't be others as well. This is clearly about including the minorities and making them feel represented. Since when are Christians minorities? Christian "culture" is everywhere. Including The Sims. The way marriage is represented, the way death is represented, the very fact that there's thanksgiving in The Sims. The only possible way for EA to represent Christians more would be to add crosses and nuns in the game.

Thanksgiving is an American holiday, not part of any specific faith. Personally, I would love a nativity display added to the holiday pack, one that DOES NOT function like a dollhouse (the modded one I found). Marriage in-game is not representation of any faith either as there is no one performing the ceremony. So your examples are debunked. All you mentioned are not based on any faith.

Uhm, do you even know the origin of Thanksgiving? Maybe google it? Also, everyone knows the Catholics shaped how we deal with many things in most parts of America and Europe, including marriage and death. That's why we don't feel unrepresented and that's why EA mostly includes content to represent Asian, Middle-eastern or African culture. Because they can't play anything like their lives at all if not for these tiny content drops.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I see the turbans introduced in city living also representative of a religion / cultural group - Sikhs. We have introduced inclusivity items before so why not now?

As people have mentioned there are menorah and red envelopes and Christmas trees etc

I will continue to choose what my sims wear and use and if there are items added to the game which I don't get much use from, well, it is not going to change my game any. I am hsppy for the people that will use it and feel included.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I would like to have it but at the same time it upsets me that they don't introduce a kippah for my Jewish sims as well. I don't think it's fair to favor one religion over the others.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited September 2019

Yup, that is a problem these days. The meaning of being accepting to some people is a one way road. I see it all the time. People should respect each other's views, but a lot of the time respect is only given when you respect their views only, yet the other person's views don't matter or deserve respect.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I really don't want to get into a big back and forth over this whole topic but I had to just point out one small detail. A Christmas tree is not a religious symbol. Yes, it is used for a Christian holiday but it is more secular. None of the stuff in the game that represents Christmas is religious (which, personally I'm fine with). Religious symbols for Christianity are: a Nativity scene, a crucifix, a simple cross, ect. Christmas trees, Santa Claus, reindeer, ect. are not religious Christian symbols. Much like the Easter Bunny is not a religious Christian symbol, nor are coloring/dyeing Easter eggs. Many Christians do partake in the secular things as well as the religious meaning of the holiday.

That's all I have to say on the situation. Have a great day, everyone! :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I see the turbans introduced in city living also representative of a religion / cultural group - Sikhs. We have introduced inclusivity items before so why not now?

As people have mentioned there are menorah and red envelopes and Christmas trees etc

I will continue to choose what my sims wear and use and if there are items added to the game which I don't get much use from, well, it is not going to change my game any. I am hsppy for the people that will use it and feel included.

Because people were triggered by *muslims*. Simple as that. We have had many other religions depicted in the game, whether it was entitled as so or not, but people dind't seem to care until now...
    GKOVUiH.png

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

you, dearie are on the wrong thread.. the problem on this thread is hijab=relgious

I already see it as religious. That is say I say it no place in my game. I do not support that religion.
  • Options
    Becka28 wrote: »

with the exception of Christian aspects of it.. every other part of Christmas was borrowed from Pagan tradition- the week/day was Saturnalia festival Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival in honour of the god Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December. Christmas tree is one of the most modern traditions since Prince Albert brought it with him from Germany but people had been decorating with "green" stuff since Ancient Egypt. In real life the cookies and milk kids leave out for Santa is from Norse Mythology
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    Why do people of one marginalized group want to beat down another group for being represented? Be happy for them and continue advocating for your own group's representation. It is not a Muslim player's fault if there is not enough Jewish representation or vice versa. None of us will move forward if we're too busy knocking others back down the mountain.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really don't want to get into a big back and forth over this whole topic but I had to just point out one small detail. A Christmas tree is not a religious symbol. Yes, it is used for a Christian holiday but it is more secular. None of the stuff in the game that represents Christmas is religious (which, personally I'm fine with). Religious symbols for Christianity are: a Nativity scene, a crucifix, a simple cross, ect. Christmas trees, Santa Claus, reindeer, ect. are not religious Christian symbols. Much like the Easter Bunny is not a religious Christian symbol, nor are coloring/dyeing Easter eggs. Many Christians do partake in the secular things as well as the religious meaning of the holiday.

You are of course right, but as far as I see the "muslim" patch also doesn't include half moons, green flags, minarets, prayer carpets or clerical dresses but only everyday clothing. So no injustice here.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

You are of course right, but as far as I see the "muslim" patch also doesn't include half moons, green flags, minarets, prayer carpets or clerical dresses but only everyday clothing. So no injustice here.

@alanmichael1 did you see the Mosque-like windows and doorways? I seen one mosque that was in Turkey
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I already see it as religious. That is say I say it no place in my game. I do not support that religion.

Thanks for the honesty, at least. Wish the others would stop with the "I don't want religion in my game" facade and admit the real issue...
    GKOVUiH.png

• Options
    mrkingv wrote: »

Thanks for the honesty, at least. Wish the others would stop with the "I don't want religion in my game" facade and admit the real issue...

considering the fact-wether or not we are facing it- every day in our lives are surrounded by something religious from days of the week, to months of the year with some exceptions.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    To all y'all worried about the "addition" of "religion" in the sims, were yall this upset when they added the Chinese new year update (religious based holiday)?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

@alanmichael1 did you see the Mosque-like windows and doorways? I seen one mosque that was in Turkey

The windows are simply oriental and are VERY welcome. I would so love to have an oriental world in TS4 like Egypt in TS3.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019

That's the problem. We can't even ask questions or ask for other items without being attack or accused of things. They could of easily avoided this controversy as I said by including more traditional clothing that represents all of the culture and country without making others feel excluded. We can't even discuss certain topics on here.

Wedding are just two sims exchanging vows, nothing more. There is no actual Christmas and even so, it is more secular and seen more as a way to spend time with family and friends. There is no manger or anything like that. It is only fair for people to ask for these items as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top