The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you making your own Familiars in Cats and Dogs? Share!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member
    Okay, here's an ugly Familiar for you guys, lol.

This one's got a tale as well.
    The Mandragora is usually found in Mandrake beds, where it can be safely camouflaged. It likes to dig holes there and bury itself up to its large forehead, which sprouts flowers similar to the Mandrake blossoms. It also has a great big beard of roots that help to nestle it into the ground amongst the plants. Being a very lazy creature, it generally remains unbothered, but beware if you should accidentally disturb one because they are very skittish and will erupt from the ground, yelping horribly and exposing their terrible, hypnotic eyes. If they catch you in their stare, you will experience hallucinations that could last for several days.

mlLEKQk.jpg
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,426 Member
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

Oh my gosh Widderkin is adorable <3

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

I love your dragon cat! Is it okay if I try my hand at painting one too?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Modsey wrote: »
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

Oh my gosh Widderkin is adorable <3

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

I love your dragon cat! Is it okay if I try my hand at painting one too?

@Modsey of course I wouldn’t mind! I only made one myself because at that time I couldn’t find any ‘dragons’ on the gallery. I’m sure you’ll do a much better job than me and then I can pinch your creation :D although having said that I’m kind of attached to my little weirdo now haha
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    @MaggieMarley

I really love your kitty. I kept looking at him thinking he reminded me of something. Then I remembered. He looks like the Herend statues, you can google them. Not exactly, but the essence. They are cute little animal statues with patterns that look similar to yours.

He's really adorable.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    I made four witch sisters named after the seasons. Summer's familiar will be a dragon, Autumn's familar will be a crow, Winter's will be an owl, and Spring's will be the leaf bat.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

The Mandragora is usually found in Mandrake beds, where it can be safely camouflaged. It likes to dig holes there and bury itself up to its large forehead, which sprouts flowers similar to the Mandrake blossoms. It also has a great big beard of roots that help to nestle it into the ground amongst the plants. Being a very lazy creature, it generally remains unbothered, but beware if you should accidentally disturb one because they are very skittish and will erupt from the ground, yelping horribly and exposing their terrible, hypnotic eyes. If they catch you in their stare, you will experience hallucinations that could last for several days.

mlLEKQk.jpg

Looks like the cutie is begging for mercy haha
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Marnetti wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

mlLEKQk.jpg

Looks like the cutie is begging for mercy haha

I liked the begging pose because I picture him sitting in the ground in the Mandrake patch like that, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,615 Member
    @ashcrash19 they are adorable!
    @mcrudd fab creations, I especially like the green kitty.

Loving everyone's pics, I am gonna have to get around to trying to make something soon.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,193 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I went onto YouTube & found out that there was a stamp with a Cresent Moon with Stars. So, I put it on the Cats forhead and used the pets color wheel to hide the stars and gave the black cat a deep dark purple fur. It looked so cool. I was surprised that I never discovered it before in my Cats & Dogs game. Can't wait for my Luna to have familiar abilities & powers it's going to be so cool.
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley

I really love your kitty. I kept looking at him thinking he reminded me of something. Then I remembered. He looks like the Herend statues, you can google them. Not exactly, but the essence. They are cute little animal statues with patterns that look similar to yours.

He's really adorable.

@Idontrcall I looked up Herend and you’re so right! Maybe I should rename my kitty Herend :D
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So I have a variety of colorful cats that I had made after Cats and Dogs came out. (I truly enjoy messing around in Create-a-Pet!) I've always liked changing the colors and patterns to something unusual so these are some of my cats that are currently running about in my game. Most of them were put into a single household with one Sim. I think they would make great Familiars too. The orange one, "Mango", became my Sim's favorite. If she ever pursues magic, Mango will be her Familiar. :)
    3hxK4cx.jpg

Pn9mXM6.jpg

UfM3mE6.jpg

lPzOLxb.jpg

k2EYCNJ.jpg
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @LiELF a few of them would go nicely even for my alien sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    There's a thread about famous spellcaster/familiar duos and it got me thinking about Discworld and lo, a Greebo.

1TyptF3l.png

I used bits of the patchwork stencil to add scars all over his body and I'm not sure it works but eh, I tried.

He's amazing! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I was bored, so I made Crookshanks!

Picture of Crookshanks in Harry Potter:
    270?cb=20161218072011

Picture of Crookshanks in The Sims 4:
    KmIEZ26.png?1
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @nerdfashion Actually Crookshanks is established as half kneazle so should have some traits like this.

ui_registry_family03_pg01_sticker04_returned.png
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @nerdfashion Actually Crookshanks is established as half kneazle so should have some traits like this.
    Crookshanks is half-kneazle but has always been described as and represented by Himalayan-like cats so I don't know why you felt the need to say that. If you want to make a Kneazle-looking cat, no one is stopping you.

Anyway cute Crookshanks @nerdfashion !
    And thanks for the amazing thread and inspiring us to create familiars while we wait for RoM @LiELF <3

• Options
    FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Oh hey I didn't even think of this familiar thing. Pretty neat! If I make one I will be sure to add to the post. I am pretty unoriginal though ;)
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Options

Yes @WolfNate, I knew this. I just wanted to make him look like Crookshanks in the movie, and I'd say I did a good job.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Didn't mean to sound rude just we know what a kneazle looks like so
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options

Yes @WolfNate, I knew this. I just wanted to make him look like Crookshanks in the movie, and I'd say I did a good job.

@nerdfashion and you did! He looks awesome :)
  • Options
    Didn't mean to sound rude just we know what a kneazle looks like so

No big deal. I didn't really spend much time on him, just chose a breed with a similar coat pattern and went to work.

@nerdfashion and you did! He looks awesome :)

Thank you!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,426 Member
    @ashcrash19 they are adorable!
    @mcrudd fab creations, I especially like the green kitty.

Loving everyone's pics, I am gonna have to get around to trying to make something soon.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990