Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    too much harry potter for my taste but it was to be expected, still looks cool though.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Looks good but rather wait for gameplay as the hype train can be an illusion and have lots of candy for the eyes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

They need to update the mermaids and add this!

Agreed.
  • Options
    olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    The world looks amazing and i screamed when he rode on broomstick! Can't wait to play!
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t think this looks too Harry Potter-ish at all. If anything it could stand to be more Harry Potter-ish. Then I might find it more interesting.

It seems a bit too generic high fantasy for my liking.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ... I don't hate it.

It reminds me more of The Order/Magicians, than it does Harry Potter.

The concept of witches on brooms far outdates harry potter...
    BedBroom-10.JPG
    2015-03-22-13.59.07.jpg

The concept of magical sticks wands, has been around for longer.
    John_William_Waterhouse_-_Magic_Circle.JPG

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I really like the trailer! While I'm not personally interested in supernatural stuff, I hope it succeeds for those who are looking forward to it. :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    It doesn't look good, Wands seem to be forced, Magic isn't nicely animated, they shouldn't have done magic hands. Potions look stupid and it They made a mockery of what could have been an awesome pack.

I've seen your posts and let's be honest, your expectations were way too high and unrealistic. It was never gonna be like Once Upon a Time or whatever high fantasy things you described. And It's just a game pack. For it's price, it's great.

I knew it wasn't 100% going to be and I was okay with that reality, but That's not really an excuse they had every tool at their disposal, Judging by all the other content they managed to produce, They could have easily recycled animations and content to make this pack a lot better than it appears so that I would be on board, it would have been enough.

Tragically I can clearly see they chose not to even at least do the simple things. Vampires was higher quality than this and they did listen to me in some ways I can see those details clearly, I'm Happy they didn't call the Life State "Witch" and I appreciate them for doing that for me, but come on, what is this amateur magic I'm seeing?

When Vampires came out they had exuded a sense of style and awesome flare, their power was raw and they seemed to be, and they are more flexible, Like I'm just just able to make a Vampire but I can make a Daemon out of a vampire. I prayed the Realm of Magic would have an equal, if not a slightly greater flare. that was the least of my expectations these spell casters were suppose to have. I don't see that here, I'm trying to picture my Sims in these character's positions or the potions I can put them in with this pack, and there lies the problem, I can't. Vampires I rewatched that Trailer Dozens of times, and I thought, "Yeah my sim will look so cool using Mist form." and so many other powers. I want to be wrong. I wanted this pack to be useful since my Stories revolve around magic, but whatever this is, I'm not sure it can be... yet.

If they did recycle animations, then there would be an uproar about it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    When Vampires came out they had exuded a sense of style and awesome flare, their power was raw and they seemed to be, and they are more flexible, Like I'm just just able to make a Vampire but I can make a Daemon out of a vampire. I prayed the Realm of Magic would have an equal, if not a slightly greater flare. that was the least of my expectations these spell casters were suppose to have. I don't see that here, I'm trying to picture my Sims in these character's positions or the potions I can put them in with this pack, and there lies the problem, I can't. Vampires I rewatched that Trailer Dozens of times, and I thought, "Yeah my sim will look so cool using Mist form." and so many other powers. I want to be wrong. I wanted this pack to be useful since my Stories revolve around magic, but whatever this is, I'm not sure it can be... yet.

Speaking of trailers, I just rewatched the vampire launched one to notice if powers were showned. Really, not that much. It is much cleaner than ROM for sure (lots of hand waving - content greatly dissected), but apart from that it only shown vampire action you would expect. This? Well, witchy stuff as it seem. Vampires didn't shown much apart from turning into mist form, just as at the end we see spellcaster flying off with the broom. What's wrong particularly wrong with the trailer, that makes Vampires one superior?

That's the thing, the Vampire trailer came out, It didn't take long to look at that trailer and think "This will work."

The fact that I see Realm of Magic and my initial thought was "Well... There goes my Story, time to pack up and go back to writing notes on my lap top and using my imagination."

The realm of magic Although, I'm glad they changed the name of Life State from "witch" to "spell caster," I'm not convinced because I Still only see Sims 3 Supernatural Witches I don't see the diverse range of Spell casters. I tried to make my character a witch before, and it was like downgrading my character, because How I imagined his magic is a lot different than what the The Realm of Magic is putting out.

Working with this pack is going to be a bigger challenge than I anticipated. And I fear it's going to be the Sims 3 Supernatural all over again. Again the Sims three Supernatural was a great pack, great content. I just wasn't able to play with magic the way I wanted. And again why I thought promoting once upon a time was a good idea, because that was the kind of magic I needed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It doesn't look good, Wands seem to be forced, Magic isn't nicely animated, they shouldn't have done magic hands. Potions look stupid and it They made a mockery of what could have been an awesome pack.

I've seen your posts and let's be honest, your expectations were way too high and unrealistic. It was never gonna be like Once Upon a Time or whatever high fantasy things you described. And It's just a game pack. For it's price, it's great.

I knew it wasn't 100% going to be and I was okay with that reality, but That's not really an excuse they had every tool at their disposal, Judging by all the other content they managed to produce, They could have easily recycled animations and content to make this pack a lot better than it appears so that I would be on board, it would have been enough.

Tragically I can clearly see they chose not to even at least do the simple things. Vampires was higher quality than this and they did listen to me in some ways I can see those details clearly, I'm Happy they didn't call the Life State "Witch" and I appreciate them for doing that for me, but come on, what is this amateur magic I'm seeing?

I honestly believe it would have been worth it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

EXACTLY!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Speaking of trailers, I just rewatched the vampire launched one to notice if powers were showned. Really, not that much. It is much cleaner than ROM for sure (lots of hand waving - content greatly dissected), but apart from that it only shown vampire action you would expect. This? Well, witchy stuff as it seem. Vampires didn't shown much apart from turning into mist form, just as at the end we see spellcaster flying off with the broom. What's wrong particularly wrong with the trailer, that makes Vampires one superior?
    It does look like a 90% Harry Potter ripoff. Not sure if true, or if they're just pushing that part because it is easy to sell.

How is it a rip-off? Was there anything exclusive to that franchise shown?

EA made Harry Potter games so not a rip off they have the rights to use it already if it was Harry Potterish. I don't see it - not that it matters I love all witch ideas and stories anyway - so not an issue..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    sproot wrote: »

I was sort of interested after watching the trailer but after reading this I was less impressed. I was expecting more...I can't believe I might find my first game pack skip. I felt like the team was on a roll and now I feel like they are going backwards again. Island living was not up to my standard, Moschino is eh and now this. Maybe I will get it when it goes on sale.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member

I honestly believe it would have been worth it.

At this point we haven't seen what most of the spells look like. They very well may have reused some animations, it's a little too early to say.

For myself personally, I am very impressed with the magic we saw in the trailer. The duel looked epic and was a nice change from the vampire duel where the majority of the fight takes place in a cloud of smoke. Love the fact that they confirmed sims can use wands or their hands to cast spells and that there are four branches of magic to explore. The whole system seems very customizable.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Looks very nice! I hope makin’ magic (no pun intended) its own game pack will give us the series’ best witches/wizards yet.

I feel like Makin Magic has the best occult Pack we’ve ever seen in The Sims, while the witches may be better, it will be hard to beat overall.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    well, my wig is levitating rn

“Wig-ardium Leviosa!”

Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Awesome world. Everything else looks fine, nothing special, just what you would expect for witches. I'll be waiting to see more trailers and reviews, because the first trailers usually don't capture the majority of what a pack offers.

If this is true, my expectations have been sent to PLUTO.

I think what would blow it out of the water for me is if there were some kind of magic school (not a rabbithole), but I think that's too much to hope for in a GP. But I am glad that so many people are loving it right now. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My friend and I are so hyped that she ended up making a channel on her discord for Realm of Magic to have others discuss it without giving any spoilers out.(once people have it, that is)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Am underwhelmed, and will leave it at that. Do agree with Beardedgeek about HP ripoff.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    okester wrote: »
    well, my wig is levitating rn

“Wig-ardium Leviosa!”

LOL!! Omg. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Also boooooo... Was really hoping for something for kids to do.

Why is it so HARD to program kids to have magic powers too?!?!?

It requires more animations. Teens through Elder share animations, but kids can't due to their size.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wait, waiiiiiiit, so why can't they do the same for cars ?

No one said they couldn't. :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Whoo! The Livestream will be on September 6th, confirmed by a simguru on twitter, can't remember which one. Saving the date and hoping it's a Saturday so I can watch live.

Edit: For those of you disappointed that magic looks like a skill, it's not, been confirmed by another simguru on twitter, also can't remember which. And the sim that becomes magical in the trailer I believe works similarly to the way a sim becomes a vampire with gameplay, another sim of the same occult type with the power needed to do so unlocked to be able to create other vampires/spellcasters.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m not too happy about the trait ‘The Magical Bloodline’. It just seems kind of lame to me 🤷‍♀️

ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Now we can have a crossover with Harry Potter it so Harry Potter.
    As for Familiar now I can make my pet cat from Blade & Soul if I wanted to JK ;).

I'm liking this very much it feels like Harry Potter that something I can deal with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top