Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2019
    Interesting.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I just looked it up, and Sims 3 witches have 51 alchemy potions, and 17 spells.

If you have Outdoor Retreat, have your spellcaster go in for Herbalism and that adds another 15 "potions". (I might actually start a new Sim to learn herbalism, then s/he can seek out one of the Sages to become a spellcaster. (Maybe one of my teens would be a good subject...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Omg

This actually looks so awesome

Can’t wait. This just might bring me back to the game!

—T
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love the floating islands in another plane of existence, that's a great choice.

Untamed magic? Oh no, Wild Mage here I come! This is what got my attention.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I love the colour choices. It's gorgeous.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019

They need to update the mermaids and add this!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This Game Pack is looking like it has way more gameplay than IL lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    If your entire exposure to magic in popular culture is limited to Harry Potter, I can see why you would think that, but honestly there's nothing Harry Potterish in that trailer to me.

Maybe the little shops ?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    New windows! And fence, and spandrels! I love them!

j80CoaH.png
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    It does look like a 90% Harry Potter ripoff. Not sure if true, or if they're just pushing that part because it is easy to sell.

How is it a rip-off? Was there anything exclusive to that franchise shown?

...What? Well maybe it's just me, because I just don't feel the subject is interesting but wands, magical duels, the architectural style of the town, broom riding...
    Again, maybe it's just me, because the only thing I have ever read with that type of magic IS Harry Potter. The kind of magic I am interested in is far more Gandalf or maybe, just maybe, Radagast for a more "Firebally" kind of magic, and far less "Goth chick with pointy hat and a broom".
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    When Vampires came out they had exuded a sense of style and awesome flare, their power was raw and they seemed to be, and they are more flexible, Like I'm just just able to make a Vampire but I can make a Daemon out of a vampire. I prayed the Realm of Magic would have an equal, if not a slightly greater flare. that was the least of my expectations these spell casters were suppose to have. I don't see that here, I'm trying to picture my Sims in these character's positions or the potions I can put them in with this pack, and there lies the problem, I can't. Vampires I rewatched that Trailer Dozens of times, and I thought, "Yeah my sim will look so cool using Mist form." and so many other powers. I want to be wrong. I wanted this pack to be useful since my Stories revolve around magic, but whatever this is, I'm not sure it can be... yet.
    Speaking of trailers, I just rewatched the vampire launched one to notice if powers were showned. Really, not that much. It is much cleaner than ROM for sure (lots of hand waving - content greatly dissected), but apart from that it only shown vampire action you would expect. This? Well, witchy stuff as it seem. Vampires didn't shown much apart from turning into mist form, just as at the end we see spellcaster flying off with the broom. What's wrong particularly wrong with the trailer, that makes Vampires one superior?

I don't know. The Vampire one had a FAR cooler song, it did show much more powers (seriously, it does), plus I think it had a more limited scope to begin with (A "Magical Realm" will suffer from being limited, there is no way they can get more than 1% of the potential actually in there, while the Vampire one is pretty much all you would want except maybe turn into animals)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    This looks great, I love the fact that this is going to have the most magic ever produced in a sims game.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    And that's why I like game packs the best.

Another big thank you to luthienrising for all the hard work you are putting in. Big thanks from the community!

Again, I. Can't. Wait!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    If your entire exposure to magic in popular culture is limited to Harry Potter, I can see why you would think that, but honestly there's nothing Harry Potterish in that trailer to me.

Maybe the little shops ?

Yeah this, I love Harry Potter to bits but I didn't really get a strong HP vibe from this at all? Maybe I'm missing something :joy:
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

Maybe the little shops ?

LOTR, Dungeons and Dragons, Elder Scrolls... YA novels about witches? Not so much.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't like going based on the trailers alone I'd prefer to see gameplay before I make a solid judgment as a whole. However, from the Tweets, I've read, There are only 5 lots in Glimmerbrook and in the magic realm there is 1 which is saddening and I am disappointed children won't get a chance to use magic at least a restricted version. It would be nice if they were able to perform some small prank or something to help them with their homework using magic. But that's all I have to say until I see gameplay.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    edited August 2019
    New counters. Hope they dind't forget the islands :D
    48586727307_614b828138_c.jpg
    48586582696_f46a504dd8_c.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    The picture before hitting play of the blonde dude reminds me of the main character in Fantastic Beast(?). The main ?witch? looks like a vampire more than a witch (at least by what I read and seen over the years... never seen a Gothic witch). It looks interesting, but I know how preview videos are with the Sims... so I have to see more. Now the broom is very interesting, but I would like to see it unhitched by a preview video.

Witches/Wizards have always been my favorite. So, I'll be watching, no pre-order.. Have to see actual footage to make up my mind.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Loving that stained glass.. can't wait for the builds.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

Wow I agree, I hope they've learnt their lesson from IL with the whole island counter/cupboard thing!

On an unrelated note, I really hope all three sims can interact with that cauldron at the same time! I'd love some new group interactions!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @Sindocat I didn't say this trailer looked Satanic, I said its marketing was more in the style of the new Satanic TV shows like Sabrina. I'd love to know where you're getting HP because I'd love that.
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member

Wow I agree, I hope they've learnt their lesson from IL with the whole island counter/cupboard thing!

On an unrelated note, I really hope all three sims can interact with that cauldron at the same time! I'd love some new group interactions!

I hope for the same. The runes look like they're glowing so maybe it's a coven sort of thing.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

I hope for the same. The runes look like they're glowing so maybe it's a coven sort of thing.

Let's hope they've had the foresight to add some new features so that the GT club system can include covens!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,880 Member
    Wait, waiiiiiiit, so why can't they do the same for cars ?

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Didn't notice any kids there = another lifestate ignoring kids and toddlers? :/

At least give them a mini potion craft toy...
    Lu4ERme.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top