Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    They’re not witches, they’re spellcasters now. This makes me think they’re more inspired from sorcerers than witches. The pack icon is even a book and not the iconic witch hat (which I saw none of in the trailer by the way).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    edited August 2019
    loutredor wrote: »
    I am a little bit disappointed personally... I was hoping for an enchanted woods type world with magical creatures and I am not too fussed about the space islands... Granted I do like the water falls and the magic shops but I wish it wasn't in space... It doesn't look too magical for me. I don't necessarily like the CAS style either, it looks more goth and similar to Vampires than what I would have liked. I will reserve my judgement until we have more info on gameplay though because that is what matters to me, and I hope it is interesting :)

To me the world looks a little bit inspired by Sabrina secrets of a teenage witch (the new cartoon).
    48585135342_23735834e0_z.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2019
    Reminds me of vampires with the dark scenery, the duels, and witch being a life state (probably) and it would not surprise me if they had a similar skill tree as well. That said, the vampire game pack was pretty good so this could be fun to play.

Very skeptical about the flying broom in the end, that last shot looked very fake.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    They’re not witches, they’re spellcasters now. This makes me think they’re more inspired from sorcerers than witches. The pack icon is even a book and not the iconic witch hat (which I saw none of in the trailer by the way).

Yes! This is an awesome thing! Variety makes me very happy. <3
    #Team Occult
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    loutredor wrote: »
    I am a little bit disappointed personally... I was hoping for an enchanted woods type world with magical creatures and I am not too fussed about the space islands... Granted I do like the water falls and the magic shops but I wish it wasn't in space... It doesn't look too magical for me. I don't necessarily like the CAS style either, it looks more goth and similar to Vampires than what I would have liked. I will reserve my judgement until we have more info on gameplay though because that is what matters to me, and I hope it is interesting :)

same. i wus expecting a blair witch vibe of some sort with weird voodoo and creepy witch huts on swamps.

the actual witch gameplay could be lit tho that'd snatch my weave and withhold my judgment.

i mean the space world 'looks' good but i fear most of the things you see are just backdrops.

anyways, this game pack is a great treat for supernatural players like us.
    y'all got bread?
    And that broom store thing. Strong Halloweentown vibes :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    The first one looks like an extension of Willow Creek.
    Love the 2 worlds I just hope the normal world is bigger.

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just hope that children won't be neglected in this pack. Only saw adults in the trailer.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    So I wonder what these symbols mean?
    69667875_10101768072441350_3682418862675984384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQlJ2DPJTvU_MsCyNI1YG0BSbKmXxq_N5d-ytRb1SO24VJSRomHz3oeZvE-44BuqZfM&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=cfaade9058eecb1f115c73494464a979&oe=5E0FFF3F
    68755797_10101768072481270_6203944233162768384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnqoGQHzErgwsFF22a3Md8Q4fIOHvPUAsyLD1M_7Oh3jCnZS_vbSKN54b6WP3Sl5zI&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=b21e0b0ec0505541eee05ef5bdeaa601&oe=5E16339C

Not a supernatural player, but I am excited for something different! The world looks incredible!!

Love potion (this one is confirmed), death potion, lucky potion (these 2 are speculation).
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    At the start of the video there is an area that looks normal with some houses. Looks kind of like Granite Falls. The magical part looks awesome too. I just want my witch to be able to live anywhere. Loving all the stuff though especially potions, but we have broom riding, duels, wand use and I saw some stuff without wands. Loving the CAS I saw... excited here.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Didn't notice any kids there = another lifestate ignoring kids and toddlers? :/
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    wig snatched
    moss

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    giphy.gif
    no...
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok so the world is called Glimmerbrook and it has residential homes, but from what I understand not in the "wizard" world, just before the portal.

"It's a quiet town. Family homes. Places to hang out. A dense wooded area with a mysterious pathway. Wait, what is back there, Simmer? Where could this not-so-secret secret trail possibly lead? Well, if your Sim has any bit of adventure in their personality, they'll want to know. And what they'll discover is a world unlike any other in The Sims 4. First, a quick warning: Once your Sim goes through that portal door, they won't be able to un-see this enchanted world. And they certainly won't want to leave without learning a few spells!"
    Simburian wrote: »
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sigh. So everyone can learn magic. That's not what I wanted at all. What's the point of having a witch occult if you're just going to give everyone magic anyway?!

I'm glad! We have the ability then to make witches if we want them, or magical fairies, or a Mary Poppins type character. What ever we want.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010 I asked on twitter and it's a confirmed life state yay! With that I can go back to bed.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    Can anyone deliver them a question, whether or not brooms by spellcaster or whoever can be used to transport to lots? I imagine working like those in TS2AL.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Thinking about it, the brooms might just be a "hop on and your sim disappears up into the sky" type deal. A bit like a rabbithole, or like the bat teleportation skill in Vampires. I would be surprised if they made it a vehicle that flies around the neighborhood.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just hope that children won't be neglected in this pack. Only saw adults in the trailer.

Same here! Im so tired of occult children not being able to do any occult things! Im not saying they should have full access to their powers, but sheesh they're not normal kids. They should be allowed to do something that ties to their occult heritage besides just looking the part. I want my kids to know at least a couple basic spells or be able to communicate with magical creatures.
    edited August 2019
    Did you guys spotted the new stained glass windows <3
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    deleted
    y'all got bread?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2019
    Looks like we got spells and quests like in Sims Medieval. I am looking forward to those costumes. I do hope we get some daylight though. I don't like dark worlds.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/game-packs/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top