Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Realm of Magic Protagonist Male/Female/Other?

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
My significant other and I watched the ROM trailer together. We discovered that one of us had no doubt that the ROM protagonist was female, while the other of us had no doubt the protagonist was male. What do you think?
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Is the Realm of Magic Protagonist Male/Female/Other? 303 votes

Male
67%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213KamioSimsprocfunJeanLeGardePourpreDerellaSyl0271Kita5399IdontrcallIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314Simmelina1bandit5alexspoom13jeLlyBeAn1573BlkBarbiegalsillehbee 205 votes
Female
8%
brackencat31IceyJAyradysstegteg87invisiblgirlshygirlisaiahzaychristyb2852Echovadigger28jcp011c2ChampandGirlieBlueSeaWavesSakuske1SelinaKylesSavvySimmierjssimmusteniJediMuppetChazzzy 25 votes
Both
7%
honeypooh1267MadameLeeColorist40mcruddMagdaleenaalanmichael1zagboorulesAngellulupajamajam07WinterKhirinKhrisstyneernesdoleo3487BambooramOldeseadoggePinkmonkeydreamprisonerPamtastic72silentcyborgWispye 22 votes
Neither
8%
jeepjeepcatfriendlysimmersliliaethElegantblkchina1SxcDannii202Amj1995SarahTheRedMilutinMujovichunnybunny382BabykittyjadekittymeowEmmaVaneDoloresGreyWinifred_WillowadduapinaAhrolkahryttu3kSheepilingMagicalZiaJemmaTheSimmer 25 votes
Other
8%
YunastoryyluthienrisingwrenstalesHestiaFroilkiwi84LissyK9caitybee73CAITLINX354JohnVanGouldfiercephoenix91verfensSims4MagicalTalesImSandsLiELFglorificaNZsimm3rOEII1001SAEldarin 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Male
    I thought female at first. But seeing them in action, and looking at the game cover, I'm getting Newt Scamander vibes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm getting Newt Scamander vibes.
    Same.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Male
    When I watched it, all I saw was that sim as a male. We're talking about the blond guy right?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other
    fullspiral wrote: »
    When I watched it, all I saw was that sim as a male. We're talking about the blond guy right?

I believe the "protagonist" in this case is the main Sim featured in the trailer.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male
    I'm going with a very lovely male. (swoons at those eyes and curly locks of hair). Anyway, that dark haired male sim was awful grumpy and jealous looking when that lovely spellcaster in the trailer walked into the mansion with our protagonist by her side. lol

Edit: I agree with the Newt Scamander vibe! I didn't even think of that until Gordy mentioned it, but now that he said it, I see the resemblance! Which just makes me crush even harder on this new sim. I don't normally keep premades around, but I will definitely be keeping this one.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Male
    I thought they were male (because female sims clothing tends to be a little... closer cut) but honestly, it really doesn't matter to me what the gender identity of the trailer protagonist is.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Female
    Yes, I'm talking about the main character with curly blond/e hair.

Of course it doesn't matter, but I thought it was funny in a similar way to "Is the dress blue or white."
    https://www.livescience.com/49980-dress-color-explainer.html
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Male
    I thought the protagonist was a very pretty male sim. He/she/they could be nonbinary though. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'd have to ask them (or look at gender settings in CAS). I did feel that the focus character was intentionally androgynous in aspect.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Male
    I never considered it as anything other than a male.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Female
    This is so interesting to me! I didn't even consider the possibility at first that they could be anything other than female, but it seems I'm the only one at this point!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Female
    I actually thought of her as female when first watching. One the cover looks more like a male though. Love the androgynous vibe.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Neither
    Their name is Cade. On its own this is a male name, but could also be a short form of Cadence.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I thought non-binary, but I guess we'll have to look at the gender settings to be sure.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    Neither
    Obviously it is a "male" though I think this sim doesn't identifies self neither as a male or a female.

Male as a no breasts, male voice and most likely the ability to take a pee while standing without any... uhm... accident. Just to be clear. I support LGBTQ+ community.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Male
    I'm thinking genderfluid, personally. Also I have a seriously huge crush on the Sim. They are mine. You can't have them. Sorry.

Ditto lol! This is the first trailer sim that has me going... Oh... oh oh hello... oh yes, we are keeping you! :D LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Male
    I'm quite sure he's male!
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Neither
    First when I saw the screenshots yesterday I though they were a woman but after the trailer today they seemed more male but not completely. So I'll go with neither, maybe they don't really identify as any gender.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Other
    Honestly, so long as they upload them to the gallery once the game lands any of those options is good! :D
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Female
    The protagonist looks like an obvious female to me. I was surprised to come on the forum and find that most think the protagonist is male.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male
    IMO they 100% look male (just soft/pretty boy) but I'd firmly welcome a nonbinary or genderfluid sim too.

And yeah, they're really hot. Lmao.