Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Realm of Magic Protagonist Male/Female/Other?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Male
    he looks more like a pretty boy to me
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Male
    Looks male to me when I watched the trailer, but I totally get the androgynous vibe too. Regardless though, that Sim is hella fine lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Neither
    Its interesting how much we want to gender them.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited August 2019
    well I mean I could always make him what ever I want as he is a sim
    also there will be dragons and spells thats what I care about
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    It seemed pretty obvious that they tried to leave it up to the viewer to decide, kind of like the "kid" in those choose-your-own-adventure books.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Male
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Anyhoot think when the pack drops I think I might have Grace and the protag of the trailer sim in a relationship. Thought they might look good together either way. :) I ship it~ (Also, have they released the name for this sim yet???)

I keep seeing Cade mentioned but given these mentions always say Grace (black lady who trolls 'Cade') is named Pauline pretty sure it's llama fur.

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Male
    WolfNate wrote: »

I keep seeing Cade mentioned but given these mentions always say Grace (black lady who trolls 'Cade') is named Pauline pretty sure it's llama fur.

Trying to get a Guru to confirm the names of the sims in the trailer. The suspense of it all. :s

Yeah saw someone claiming different names for Grace even though it's been confirmed by a Guru. Wonder where they got that from. Grace looks like she might be a goofball apprentice? Can see her asking him to be a skeptical guinea pig for some of her potion experiments. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Female
    Looks like a female to me.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Male
    Male, definitely. Voice and face is male, and so is the body, he's just skinny.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Male
    I thought it's a female, untill I saw the trailer.... Maybe Henry puffer??
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Male
    I think it’s a male sim however whatever sim it is male or female it’s one of the few premade ones I think is attractive
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Male
    I think people are confusing masculine frame with muscular frame which is really different. I had a sim that that completed the long live aspiration and she was really buff by the end; but her frame is still feminine, it didn't change to masculine, she just gotten more muscles and all that. That is why people see Lia as trans or non-binary since she is the first official sim with an actual masculine frame and she isn't even buff and I think the gurus even confirmed it.

As for Cade, he looks and sounds masculine to me still; I see him more as maybe as a pretty boy; but still a male.

Either way, it is really up to the players to decide.

An sim that is interesting is Izzy Fabulous, his voice sounds really feminine and it really threw me off at first as I wasn't expecting that. I changed his voice in CAS a bit.
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    @xXAriiXx
    I think people are confusing masculine frame with muscular frame
    Yes I was! Thank you for correcting me, English isn't my first language. But despite not knowing the right word, I've still always seen the difference. That's why I never thought that Lia could be cis.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    WHO CARES!?!? :(
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Male
    I don't understand why people are even discussing this? I didn't have a single wonder about the gender of this sim. He's obviously male? Jesus
  • Options
    Camille418Camille418 Posts: 24 Member
    Male
    @horselover1 I think that too. x)
  • Options
    MissVespertineMissVespertine Posts: 1 New Member
    Male
    I assumed male. Whoever they are, my sim's already eager for a date lol. Those green eyes! <3
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Female
    When I first saw the Sim (from the sneakpeek) I thought it was female. The face was very soft and shorthair is pretty popular again for ladies. The box art makes me think they’re male though, as does the voice in the trailer. Either way, they’re a cute Sim and we haven’t had a male Sim with boyish looks since Caleb Vatore I think? So it’d be a welcome addition. We also don’t have many Sims that look androgynous. The only one that comes to mind is Darling Walsh.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some comments from this topic that were off-topic. I'm going to ask you again to keep this discussion about the game - and more specifically, about the protagonist of the trailer.

Thanks!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    Neither
    @Rouenpucelle

Here (courtesy of the EA Game Changers program early access) are Morgyn's gender settings in CAS:
    213f9bfe47.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Female
    Thank you @EmmaVane. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Male
    Never thought he was anything else. He looks very much like a regular guy to me.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Male
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @Rouenpucelle

Here (courtesy of the EA Game Changers program early access) are Morgyn's gender settings in CAS:
    213f9bfe47.png

Love that they added another trans sim.

I had expected that since he is trans he would have the feminine frame like how the mtf trans woman from IL has the masculine frame. So it’s interesting to know that he has the masculine frame. Thanks for sharing.

Since his clothing preference is feminine, I wonder what his other outfits look like.

Also: How is it that he looks even cuter up close in CAS than I was expecting? :D

ETA: Off topic but it always bothers me that in the pregnancy settings options there’s ‘be able to become pregnant’, ‘be able to get others pregnant’ and ‘neither’ but no ‘both’. For some of my sims I want a ‘both’ setting.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on