Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Realm of Magic Protagonist Male/Female/Other?

Comments

• mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Male
    I thought they were female when I first saw them but after watching the trailer I'm pretty sure they're male, but for all I know they could be nonbinary. They're really cute, I have a feeling a lot of my sims are going to end up dating/marrying them.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Both
    I clicked the wrong button, I think he is a male.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Male
    Long colorful coat and messy hair, looks like the sim version of Newt Scamander to me.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Other
    What does it matter? Why is this even a subject of importance?
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Male
    Clearly male, for me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Male
    I've had another couple of looks at the trailer.....and is that a feminine walk? I'm getting confused. Never mind, very handsome whatever!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Female
    Hestia wrote: »

As I stated earlier in the thread: Of course it doesn't matter, but I thought it was funny in a similar way to "Is the dress blue or white."
    https://www.livescience.com/49980-dress-color-explainer.html
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male

As I stated earlier in the thread: Of course it doesn't matter, but I thought it was funny in a similar way to "Is the dress blue or white."
    https://www.livescience.com/49980-dress-color-explainer.html

Maybe you see want you want to see and it was good to have my preconceived ideas challenged and made me think a bit. That blue/white dress led to a very good scientific explanation and made us all wiser! Our eyes and brains saw it differently :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Female
    The facial features made me immediately think female - I was confused when someone said 'he' in a comment on the trailer. The voice sounds more female at the start, but I was a bit surprised when he/she screamed in a very male voice.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Male
    Maybe he started out as a girl, but the potion turned him into a boy?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Male
    Cant you tell from the face? Theres difference in head shape even if they have the same face but different gender.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Male
    This is so interesting to me! I didn't even consider the possibility at first that they could be anything other than female, but it seems I'm the only one at this point!

The trailer they are male. He is a feminine male.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Other
    All I know is that they are really cute
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Male
    I voted male, but I thought they could be cis male with some traditionally feminine attributes, trans male, male-identified , gender-fluid, non-binary, or really anywhere along that end of the spectrum, but most likely not cis female.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Male

In a life simulation game, representation always matters to people. I myself am a white cis female, but I like my game to look like the real world and include sims of all kinds, just like my real world neighborhood, family, friends, workplace, church, etc.

Can you imagine if for four years, all of the sims were only able to be white, and then suddenly they added the first sims of color? People would be properly excited. (Although mind you, if the sims had been all white for four years, that would have been an extremely disturbing choice, and hopefully most of us wouldn't still be playing at all.)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Male
    I thought male but I would be happy whatever the sim turns out to be. I agree with many of the previous commenters that I get serious Newt Scamander vibes from this sim and many of my sims will be vying for their attention.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Does it even matter??
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Male
    Face and body look male to me. Whatever he is I think he’s gorgeous. I hope he comes with the pack or is uploaded to the gallery.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Other
    It actually doesn't matter - we stan an androgynous They :star: I don't think there's any point debating someone's gender IRL or in game :wink:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited August 2019
    Both
    I posed the same question yesterday. I think they are meant to be an androgynous Lord Byron type.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male
    I am pretty sure they are a male that gives off that Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander vibe since that and Harry Potter as a whole is really popular. There is one official non-binary sim in Sulani that is androgynous and has a masculine frame; but I don't think the sim in video is non-binary though; though players can decide what they want their sims to be
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited August 2019
    Male
    idk how he could be female for me its clearly male sim

more of a "pretty boy" type though

would be very shocked if its not male sim
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Female
    Wow I 100% thought they were female until I saw this thread. It’s like the blue and black vs. white and gold dress. Oh well, I guess their gender doesn’t really matter anyways.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Male
    100% male he'll probably be a premade with a ref to Newt.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Female
    I had no doubt she was female when I first watched it. But now I think maybe he's male.