Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Realm of Magic Protagonist Male/Female/Other?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited September 2019
    Female
    Oh, they weren't just a regular dude after all. Being in the minority who first thought them as a female this kind of relieves me. I'm not really sure what their trans story would be, so just gonna keep calling them androgynous.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2019
    Male
    I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a male but someone decided to use heavy eyeliner on him to glam him up.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Male
    Oh... I guess I was wrong. I thought for sure he was cis male.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Male
    He is a transgender male. I really love him and it's so sad that he can't father children without the use of cheats. I was really looking forward to having him marry my female Sim that I'll first use in RoM.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Male
    Huh, a trans sim.
    I always forget you could fiddle with those options, but I'm glad they are getting used more.
    ETA: Off topic but it always bothers me that in the pregnancy settings options there’s ‘be able to become pregnant’, ‘be able to get others pregnant’ and ‘neither’ but no ‘both’. For some of my sims I want a ‘both’ setting.
    I was going to question how would this work, but then I realized aliens function like this.

Now all I'm questioning is their anatomy
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2019
    Off-topic comment. Please delete.
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2019
    Male
    I told my mom about her being trans and she said that she knew right away that that was the case. She was shocked to learn that 70% of people voted male.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Male
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I told my mom about her being trans and she said that she knew right away that that was the case. She was shocked to learn that 70% of people voted male.

Well, the pronouns selected in game for Morgyn ARE male and even though the devs have confirmed nonbinary, I’m confused on where the ‘her’ pronouns are coming from? If they are a trans non-binary man they are a trans non-binary man.

He/they seems to be the best bet.
    edited September 2019
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    If they are a trans non-binary man they are a trans non-binary man.
    It's either non-binary or a trans man. And if it's a trans man, it's he. My best friend is a trans man and he doesn't like being called "they" because he's a trans man.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Neither
    Yeah - from the settings, Morgyn could be a trans guy or NB, and because the Sims doesn't allow neutral pronouns yet, he/him are the only pronouns we know for Morgyn so far.

I'm personally going to be headcanoning that they're NB and using he/him or they/them fairly interchangably (because I want more NB representation!), but it's open enough at this point that either works.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    Custom gender settings. I will now say "called it!" Until they ask me not to, I'll use they/them.
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Likewise. But remember, people are socialized to see the binary, not a spectrum. But Morgyn always struck me as androgynous, only reinforced by the voiceover on the gameplay trailer, which had both masculine and feminine sounding inflections.
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    Male
    i dont think hes trans. what trans male would wear a dress for a formal outfit? lol
    hes just androgynous
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Male
    unknown.png

Morgyn's clothes were half feminine half male and they only go to bathroom sitting down.

Also those original outfits sucked I edited them keeping gender prefs already tagged.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    Male
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Morgyn's clothes were half feminine half male and they only go to bathroom sitting down.
    >
    > Also those original outfits plum I edited them keeping gender prefs already tagged.

tons of guys go to the bathroom sitting down lol
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Male
    KALIAMMA wrote: »
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Morgyn's clothes were half feminine half male and they only go to bathroom sitting down.
    >
    > Also those original outfits plum I edited them keeping gender prefs already tagged.

tons of guyss go to the bathroom sitting down lol

True :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited September 2019
    edited September 2019
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Simanite wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    unknown.png

Morgyn's clothes were half feminine half male and they only go to bathroom sitting down.

Also those original outfits plum I edited them keeping gender prefs already tagged.

I'll have to edit those if I keep him around in my game. I like my Sims to follow clear gender binaries, and that's okay because it's my game.

A man in a dress, stop the press.

His outfits are ugly.though
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Both
    I, for one, stan Morgyn, whatever their gender may be.
    Also, they pee sitting down? Holy heck, him being trans is basically confirmed. I love this.

I'll use he/they for him, personally.
    (Much like one of my own existing sims! Coincidentally, both of their names start with Mor-. Morgyn and Morten. Just great. They need to meet up.)

MrSpaceman wrote: »
    If they are a trans non-binary man they are a trans non-binary man.
    It's either non-binary or a trans man. And if it's a trans man, it's he. My best friend is a trans man and he doesn't like being called "they" because he's a trans man.

Nonbinary trans men exist too! They're not mutually exclusive terms. I've met a few guys who identify as this.
    Your friend is obviously binary, though. I have a friend like him too.

Gender is a complex issue though, so this is all valid.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    Male
    I thought he was male so I made him a male in my gameplay
    Male
    @Simanite Those clothes you're quoting me are my edits or ones I felt looked decent enough to keep
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Both
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Here (courtesy of the EA Game Changers program early access) are Morgyn's gender settings in CAS:
    213f9bfe47.png

Love that they added another trans sim.

I had expected that since he is trans he would have the feminine frame like how the mtf trans woman from IL has the masculine frame. So it’s interesting to know that he has the masculine frame. Thanks for sharing.

Fun fact, this is likely caused by hormones!
    To me, it seems like Morgyn has gone on male hormones, and this would explain the masculine frame + voice.
    Contrary to popular belief, hormones actually do a lot more for a transition than "the surgery" does. You could almost say they're..... magic.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Male
    I'm surprised he is trans but I just.. Don't understand the concept too well I honestly don't care what you do to yourself. (within reason...)
    edited September 2019