Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you not mess up magic please?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Babykittyjade - I base a fair amount on how I play my game mixed with real life. We must have real life in a life simulation game doing things we do in real life to0 for people. Leaving that part of your life out of your game is your choice but needs to be an option in other peoples choices. It is a sandbox - we play at life as we enjoy life. Nothing needs elimination from the game - that's half the problem of what people complain about is missing stuff. Why advocate more missing stuff. Just do not use it in your game. Its not a life lesson it is a game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Oh things took a dark turn here 😂. I like the fact island living isn’t hotels and resorts as those don’t really go with my game play or world building ideas. I also didn’t notice the psa or sjw that has people a bit riled up here but then I’m pro-mother earth and all the hippieish ideology that comes with it so perhaps that’s why I didn’t feel anything but positivity towards it 🤷🏽‍♀️. But to the point of this new game pack, I hope there is a bit of more effort with it to resemble the vampires power levels versus aliens.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I hope so too, I am excited for this, but I .... am afraid they will half-a** it...
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    lol, SJW has become such a meaningless buzzword that it's impossible to take anyone who uses it in a non-ironic manner seriously. I'm sorry that a game you like promoted a good cause in a pretty passive way? 🙄

Also, they will, in this day and age you don't make the fattest stacks by actually giving people what they want, not if you're EA at least, you cut corners and remove content until your product is just skating by on mediocre, then you call it groundbreaking and release it to the world. I'm still kind of excited for the pack but I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited August 2019
    All this is what I'm hoping for (though will be happy getting even just a few of these) in Realms of Magic:
    • Character progression along the lines of Fame in Get Famous or Vampire Powers in Vampires. Moreso the former simply because of Drawbacks.
    • Spell combat. And yes, death should absolutely be a possibility.
    • Good Witch/Warlock and Bad Witch/Warlock powers like in Sims 2: Apartment Life.
    • The return of the Alchemy skill, back from The Sims 3, and a Magic skill.
    • A few new things for mundane Sims like a pool table, tabletop games (a table where you can play Sim D&D), garbage disposal and pinball table.
    • Elder sims get some unique stuff, because I feel like they've been overlooked in Sims 4.
    • Magic Wands (back from The Sims 3), spell reagents (from Sims 2) and a spellbook on a lectern (a la Sims 2: Apartment Life and Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book-O-Spells from Sims 3's online store). And NO, spell reagents do not raise Gardening skill.
    • Bring back the magical item crafting from Sims 2: Apartment Life. The sconces, floor lamps, ceiling lamps, Throne of Light/Throne of Darkness, and so on, bring 'em all back.
    • All the spells from Sims 2: Apartment Life, both good and evil.
    • Inter-content pack integration with Get Famous's reputation system: Sims with Good reputations make better Good Witches/Warlocks, Sims with Bad reputations make better Evil Witches/Warlocks, gaining magic skill faster for using their respective spells.
    • Robes, pointed hats, long beards for dude Sims, body hair, jewelry with runes.
    • Arcane Lore skill, similar to the Vampire Lore skill from Vampires but for magic.
    • New Lot Traits: Storm-Ravaged (thunderstorms happen more frequently, and items hit by lightning on this lot clean/repair themselves, Witches gain Bad reputation faster), Arcane Ley Line (babies conceived on this lot have a higher chance of being born Witches), Arcane Library (gain Magic skill faster, and read books faster).
    • New traits: Sorcerous (Magic is in your blood, granting you more Magic Power (think Vampire Energy) and you gain Magic and Alchemy skill faster), Technophobe (Sims get a negative moodlet after using electronics, and get a special interaction to break electronics on the spot).
    • New Careers: Magician (Stage Magician and Sorcerer paths) and Fortune Teller (Weaver of Fates and Celebrity Psychic paths)
    Post edited by Jon the Wizard on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Not for nothing, but it's a little late to declare what you want in this pack now, don't you think? It's probably going to release in a couple of weeks, which means it's already finished.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Like you do everything else?
    - I want my witches/mages to have disciplines that they can specialize/master in.
    - Schools and universities they can attend like Harry Potter and The Magicians, complete with houses.
    - Not all witches have to use wands. Make hand casting an option
    - Actual fatal spells and combat magic.
    - Black and white magic should be separate skills. Or make them perk trees. Please don’t just lump these spells into “Spellcasting”.

Also please don’t just create a “pretty” empty world with some shallow skill and call it a day. Put some effort for once. Don’t know why this isn’t an expansion pack, island living should’ve been the game pack. It essentially amounted to a PSA and some SJW’s agenda. Realm of Magic has the potential to have so much more depth!

Don't expect Universities in a Magic GP it isn't going to happen. Uni will most likely come in an Expansion.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Realm of Magic will probably only have one Lifestate: Wizards. Hopefully Fairies & Genies will come soon.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks I'm going to be closing this one up because it veered almost immediately into a political discussion which aren't permitted on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top