Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which iteration of The Sims did you start from?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    1 - at a time where one didn't have to buy all the discs but could just copy them over from friends πŸ˜‡ played one and two a lot actually, but not 3, then came back to the franchise with 4 (and have since also played and grown to like 3).
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    TS1 and played every single one since. My dad accidentally first bought me an expansion pack for Christmas and then I ofc needed the base game hehe. Really my best Christmas gift ever.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The Sims 4
    After some time of playing the sims 4 I went and brought the sims 2.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.q."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".q.:*
    β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The Sims 1
    LOL ahhh Sims 1

I remember throwing those excellent house parties and Drew Carey would arrive in the Limo and all the sims would go crazy with the Drew Carey bubbles over their heads LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stgk80dcnH8
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1 on Ps2 then I moved to TS1 on PC and I loved it even more. However it was TS2 which I played from the very first release date and bought every expansion.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 2
    I never liked the way the graphics in 1 looked, so I skipped it and went to 2. I've played (and own) every iteration since.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The Sims 1
    My older cousins showed me the game when i was barely 7/8 yrs old haha
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    The Sims 1
    I started with The Sims 1 in late 2004 or early 2005. It was very slightly after the release of The Sims 2. I never knew Sims 1 (or 2) existed until around that time. So, even though I started the series when Sims 2 came out, Sims 1 was in fact my first experience with Sims. I moved to Sims 2 exclusively in early 2006. I played Sims 3 for the first time in 2010, but it took a few years for me to switch over completely. I got Sims 4 at launch in 2014 and mostly use it for building, not so much playing.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    The Sims 1
    I started when Sims 1 only had a pack left--I started Sims 2 on release when I was 14. I just didn't know much about Sims 1 prior to that.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    The Sims 3
    I came really late into the series. I think I started to play around a year or two before Supernatural came out for TS3. The first time I ever played a Sims game was TS3 for 3DS. I always knew Sims was a thing but my family didn't have a computer growing up, so I couldn't play it. I went back and played TS2 when Origin had the Ultimate Collection for free a couple of years ago.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    The Sims 1
    Couldn't get enough of it.
    But really the first sims game was sims city.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    The Sims 2
    I was about 11-12
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The Sims 2
    TS2 but technically I did play TS1 once at my cousin's house but I was too young to remember it.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1, but mainly console since I could only play the PC version at my sister's house. Was finally able to get my own laptop for Sims 3, and sunk a lot of money into that. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 1
    It’s so awesome to read through all these comments!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1, for PC & PS2!

...Well, technically SimAnt but, whatever πŸ‘€
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The Sims 1
    I go back to TS1 though it kind of intermingled with TS2 for me. I started playing it at someone else's house. I've played each version since at different times.

I tend to play in phases depending upon time or what is going on in my life. Sometimes I am too busy but I always come back.

I do generally like TS4. My gameplay style is very open-ended, creative, sandbox and strategy-oriented. The TS series is more relaxing than strategy-oriented but it's solidly in my playstyle. I don't have time for a lot of games but I do have time for this one when possible.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1. I started playing in 2001, when I was 16.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1, but the Sims 2 had already launched so I played the two iterations at the same time.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    The Sims 1
    I forgot to mention that I played every iteration of the game (but only the PC versions).
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    The Sims 2
    Was introduced to the franchise during its second iteration. TS2 is still my preferred and favorite iteration since, IMO, TS2 offered the most challenging and rewarding gameplay to date (out of the interactions I have played and own--2, 3, and 4).

The only aspects of TS4 I prefer over TS2 are Build Mode, the fact that players don't have to click each individual dirty dish/baby bottle to clean up, players don't have to babysit an oven in TS4, some actions may be stacked together (e.g. typing and listening to music), aging may be turned off if a player so desires, and I don't miss burglars. At. All.