Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which iteration of The Sims did you start from?

When did you start playing The Sims franchise? Take a vote and feel free to discuss. :)
wB2Zykl.jpg

Which iteration of The Sims did you start from? 257 votes

The Sims 1
64%
Akl500PBluegayleFrn0731vancanuckfan86GoldmoldaricmnfrshPoekie03JoBass24usbrackencat31Mandarine586Syl0271Bluefairy286Mstybl95IcewolfJaseLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayerIceyJBlkBarbiegalEIisabetta 167 votes
The Sims 2
15%
CK213Kita5399Sara1010PoveronSleepycatDSLfruitsbasket101Bluellesekojranasuzanna13phantasmkissBabykittyjadeTerraZeldaboy180floridameerkatcece15624SavvySimmieAngelEb95adele_katLyrieSims4MagicalTales 39 votes
The Sims 3
11%
AquariusMomMsGraceBlueSeaWavesLissyK9SweetieWright_84benson2006SelinaKylesSindocatcatitude5SummerStreakrjssimKellyWhovianMasonGamerAquaGamer1212xMarianxDestin2016RedShoe7loutredorThePinkBookGirlSuperMario345 29 votes
The Sims 4
8%
phoenixstar188HopeyStarrladynightMondayEnderGamer87Evie0602alyssa123WolfiumListentoToppDoggEvalyn326AmandèlecitysimmerJasonschick80JC1979AriaMad2nerdfashionMaddieplaysgamesDaWaterRatKimmerMorkovka 22 votes

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The Sims 1
    good times <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The Sims 1
    1 and I played it and 2 but skipped 3 and now play 4
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    I’m definitely an OG Triple OG

I remember killing my child Sims in Sims 1 because they had glasses.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The Sims 4
    4, but sometimes I kinda wish I went with 3...
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    The Sims 1
    been playing since i was just a kid.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Sims 4
    I didn't even know the Sims existed until June 2018 :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2, atleast the gamecube version. Me and my friend used to play splitscreen story mode with each other. I remember thinking it was a great game with how much freedom you got, who knew that I was having so much fun playing an inferior copy of the game?
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1. It had great soundtrack,and I would spend hours playing it!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    The Sims 1
    good times <3

Ditto <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1 from pretty much the beginning, all through 2 (with some busy life breaks but kept going back), skipped 3 after trying the base game for a week, now loving 4.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1 and not as a kid. I was an adult. And I was absolutely hooked.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1, I was like 6 or 7 I think when my brother showed it to me.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    I started with the sims on gamecube! Good times! Loved the series ever since.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1, although I only really got hooked with making magic.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The Sims 2
    Technically I started with Sims bustin out for GameCube, but got the Sims 2 for PC later on. I picked up Sims 2 around the time seasons came out, I was a newlywed trying to waste time while my husband was at work all day (he worked days, I worked evenings for a few years). I’ve been hooked ever since, and now my kid is starting to finally show interest in playing too!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sims 1. Man it was so long ago. I don't think I could ever go back to those horrible graphics and non-aging. Makin' Magic though... hard to believe we had magic in the series before toddlers, teenagers or elders!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Sims 3
    My daughter mentioned Sims 3 for PC back in 2011 at EB GameStop. We enjoyed the Generations, Island Paradiso, Into The Past, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University, World Adventure & Master Suite.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Sims 1
    My step-brother got me into the game when I was 8 or so.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The Sims 4
    I've known about the Sims for a while (I remember the adds for the original Sim City on TV) but other than messing with the CAS demo for Sims 3 (which eventually led me to Daz Studio and CG character art that way) and playing with Sims Medieval a few times, I didn't actually start playing Sims seriously until Sims 4 was free on Origin.

And I have no regrets.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1 <3 I remember how much fun was the base game. And then I found about expansion packs, it was a whole new world. The music from that game was something else also.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujAUJN-VR8M
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    The Sims 1
    Started playing at age 9 with the sims1. Here I am at age 29 still loving the sims.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims 1
    I remember first watching one of my friends playing it on the PS2 when I was like 10 years old. I wanted it so badly... and then I discovered it was on the PC (with expansion packs). I asked for it as a Christmas present. However, I actually got to open it early because my school had a snow day sometime during December (my mom always let my sister and I open an early X-Mas gift when this happened). I was so excited! It was actually The Sims: Deluxe Edition (which came with the 'Livin Large' expansion pack). I remember playing it for HOURS that night! :heart: I've been in love with this franchise ever since! :smile: I'm 24 years old now... so I've been playing for about 14 years.

I ended up getting Sims 2 the following year as an Easter present. Unfortunately, my PC lagged terribly with it... but I played it anyway! lol Eventually, we got a PC that could actually handle it well. The same happened with Sims 3... I got that for my birthday in 2009... but, again, the PC we had was so slow with it, but I still played the best that I could! lol

Then, in 2014, I purchased Sims 4. This was the first time I actually got to play a Sims game without experiencing lagging issues when I first bought it... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The Sims 2
    I played SimCity a couple times waaaaay back in the 1900s and I was familiar with Sims 1, but didn't actually get a chance to play until Sims 2. I had a friend who owned almost everything, and when she moved on to Sims 3, she gave me her disks and deleted all her old stuff.

She ended up giving me her account information so I could play Sims 3, but eventually I bought it for myself. And I'd have stayed on Sims 3 forever if someone hadn't bought my daughter a copy of Sims 4!

Build mode, though. Sims 4 build mode is very, very nice.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    The Sims 1
    A friend of my brother showed it to us and I'm hooked ever since (I was 13).
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    The Sims 1
    I started playing when I was 14. I was completely addicted to it. Spent hours locked in my room glued to my computer.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216