Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I like about TS4

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Within a good reason, the game receive a lot of nos and donts for things it has perceived bad. While it the most controversal game from the franchise, according the magority, it's denial it has certain things it does good at. Things that are only/mostly for the approval seems to be rare thing. So I'm creating, for how developers can learn for what things we wish they keep and carry from TS4 in the next gen/sequal game.
  • I'm a fond of and adore some of nice animation it has, as well the artistic design (head-in displays, sound effects, modern UI color). While I personally don't mind much UI (user-interface) myself, but the boolean for "prior TS4" and "TS4" choices in the setting from setting would been greatly appreciated and win win.
  • Emotions: cool idea these are labeled (though perhaps with a toggle) and varieties are provided as animation changers and reflected in creation outlets (painting activity), the system in game design could certaintly be approves. I do like that emotions offered more expressives for Sims, despite being oddly programmed for gameplay.
  • Independent, quite fun toddlers. Many will agree with this.
  • Certain, but not all multitasking features. I like how my Sims can use a mobile while sitting down. Talking while Sim is doing N is dandy, but wish they talk WHILE doing their activity without stopping for brief seconds.
  • In comparison with TS2/TS1, there's much open place to roam around. I love that, though wish you could design and customize these type of interactive parental land to your heart content.
  • Gallery System. Love that you can share and install creation at the fly in-game. It embraces the community strength :)

What do you guys like about the game? Where do you think the Sims did great and said deeds doesn't need to go admist for praising?
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I love toddlers and Vamps - great job on them.

I love how easy it is for my Sims to make friends,

I love how much faster they seem to learn things once i get them going.

I love how easy and fast it is to build homes now - and make decent looking Sims a lot easier.

Love being able to pre-plan 5 outfit in each category as often as i feel like doing so and the Sims often change themselves properly.

The more I do things with my sims the more they have a tendency to go do some things by themselves instead of me telling them constantly. My sims will take it upon themselves to exercise after dinner - most days without being told - sometimes goes water the garden areas that are dry with out being told and even read more on a skill book I started them on without being told. Many of these things I usedto have to tell them over and over in previous games - they do on their own once they get told a few times.

My artist sims will always paint on her own at least one or two painting a day - I like that self motivation.

Those are just some of the things I really like about Sims 4 sims in my game and they do it all with out using mods or any cheats which I love.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Oh yes. Building is certainly faster and easier. Interesting experience of yours with sims having routine tendencies. I'll have to observe on that :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Oh yes. Building is certainly faster and easier. Interesting experience of yours with sims having routine tendencies. I'll have to observe on that :)

Yes I see it the most in my small households - not so much in big families but especially in single households or those with one roommate - and usually YA's.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I adore toddlers, first of all. They're cute and funny and just the right amount of fussy (even those without the trait) that they're a challenge, especially if there's two of them. I love how they interact with their siblings and with pets in the house - the imitating especially is so much fun to watch.

Gardening is super fun, especially in the early stages when I'm playing a game and just trying to set up a garden and collecting all the plants.

I've only just recently got Seasons and it's so so very pretty to see snow in winter (and cute to have Sims do their "ooh, first snow" reaction). I love the way the weather makes gameplay exciting because it's unpredictable (at least to me it is). And it poses a fun challenge to gardening.

Also, same as Writing_Reg, I love seeing my Sims do the things that I've had them to a few times, but do them autonomously. I have a child in one of my saves who spends so much time outside on the monkey bars, both of his Dads wander off to tend the garden when they're left to their own devices, his older brother is at the piano a lot. It's great to know that they learn direction and then follow it. (and that kids set tables voluntarily and clean up when their responsibility is high)

Oh and I love pets. They're so very cute and fun to play with.

All that said, my favorite part is still building. I love figuring out layouts, decorating rooms, challenging myself to builds that I wouldn't feel like I want to do, like builds to fit the architecture of a world *cough*Windenburg*cough*
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    The vampire system is superb. With a few small mods it becomes even better, at least for me. One of my most played saves is a household with six of them and I do like the sheer amount of trouble they can cause. It's not perfect (they've never once needed to sleep during months of playtime) but it's still quite entertaining.

The Gallery is wonderful, it's great to see that community aspect integrated directly into the game, on top of it being an optional feature so it's there when you need it and put away when you don't. It's easy to get lost in there sometimes.

Also, as someone who works in childcare, the toddlers are pure joy.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I love a positive thread! There's so much I love about TS4, it's hard to choose.

- Aesthetics and graphic design, especially with seasons installed.

- BB mode! I can't go back and play BB in other games anymore because I miss the search bar and get frustrated not being able to move whole rooms.

- The levelled ability/perk tree for vampires/celebrities.

- Toddler-specific traits.

- Complete customisation of features in CAS rather than fiddling about with facial sliders.

- Open neighbourhoods and the ability to visit multiple worlds via travel rather than just being stuck in Sunset Valley for the whole game.

- The simple fact that it doesn't cause my computer to crash every five minutes. With more than a couple of packs installed, TS3 is unplayable on my pc at this point.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    CAS and toddlers.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love so many things about TS4. The oft maligned babies have the most beautiful faces, for one. I love staring at them.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Being able to save things to a room for whatever reason you want to, and use it whenever you need.
    The categories and filters in CAS that are so much easier than scrolling forever in previous versions.
    Being able to buy traits in the reward store that allow you to be able to choose your own gameplay experience for that Sim.

I like it when there are things that make it my game, my choice, so those things are important to me.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The Toddler stage and Parenthood and Vampire GP...that's....pretty much it.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love CAS and Vampires, and Mermaids (though I know I'm in the minority on that last one), Seasons, pets, and so much more! Course, it probably helps that I can't compare it to past iterations of the game, having never played them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited August 2019
    TS4 toddlers are GOAT (greatest of all-time) I say this as someone who played all the games in the franchise, with TS3 being my all-time fave. The devs did toddlers so well and really brought life to them. Next to YA, they are most fleshed out life stage in the game. I love them so much.

Holidays/Calendar. I love this. As someone who never celebrated holidays, birthdays, etc, it's great that I can customize my own "holidays". Since I don't observe Christmas and things like that, my Sims don't either. I have made all types of celebrations for my Simmies, some with cultural elements like Blacktivus, that all my Sims observe no matter their ethnicity or race. The newest holiday I created is called Lokahi Festival which is the "Harmony Festival" that is native to Sulani. It's a real Hawaiian word, and I just used to make a two day celebration that native and non native Sulanians observe out of respect for the culture. They dance, eat, enjoy spending time with their neighbors and loved ones, etc. It's very community based because that is how my Sulani is. I didn't approach it like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 world. All of the Sims with the exception of my mermaids, I created are Sulani natives to expand on the living and cultural aspect of the world. They operate very differently than my Sims who live elsewhere. have around 120 active Sims I have created. I don't play all of them, but I play most because many live on apartment complexes or multiple house lots. I think the devs did a good job with at least making Sulani feel contained as opposed to other worlds, at least that is how I see it. There is not as much gameplay as I would have hoped for, so I have had as I so often do in TS4, come up with workarounds to add more realism and depth to my game.

Clubs are great. I like how they expanded on this feature from the previous iteration. I love making clubs that are focused on shared interests between Sims. I have so many different clubs and I want to make more as time goes on.

TS4 also has better fashion choices for male Sims. In TS3 the clothes left much to be desired and I used a lot more cc because of this. I still use cc in TS4, but I am so happy that my fellas at least have some nice options from the game itself. TS4 furniture and amount of objects like clutter and styles of furniture is great too. I love that they added things that make a house feel more home-like. If there was a stuff pack with just clutter, curtains, and rugs, I would be happy. LOL
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The calendar and customizable holidays. I do wish there was more depth to them tho, but I enjoy them as is. I hope the team will consider adding more traditions and decorations in the future.

I have a like/dislike relationship with toddlers. On one hand, I dislike how independent they are and how the way they are portrayed seems like a weird mesh of several different developmental stages that don't really make sense. But I do like how they are the only life stage that feels truly unique instead of just a more limited version of young adults. I didn't play until after they were added, but I sure as heck know that I could never play without them.

The gallery cuz I can't build.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2019
    1. I absolutely LOVE the toddlers! I, at times, like how independent they can be, (like how they eventually get the ability to climb stairs) but I also like how they still need help with things ( like when they are level two potty and they can try to go themselves but still need guidance from their parents and or caregivers and have the chance of having an accident).
    2. CAS and how some things are, IMO, more organized than previous games. I love the idea of pushing and pulling directly on the sims.
    3. The build/buy mode. I find it easier to build in this game and I love how one can utilize the Shift+Alt button to maneuver objects in spaces beyond the grid (A feature that came from 3 I believe).
    4. The fact that you can search for objects in Build/Buy. I cannot tell you how freaking frustrated I am when I play 2 and 3 and I know what object I want to use but cannot find it for the life of me lol.
    5. How hats are separate accessories.
    6. All of the different types of foods that come from different ethnic backgrounds. So more options for all sorts of different types of restaurants.
    7. Some of the things from the club system from GT. I like how you can create a club look and how sims interact with each other and others in the area based on dos and donts.
    8. Though it has its issues and I wish there was also rabbit whole career attached to it, I do have a soft spot for the veterinarian career from C&D.
    9. The calendar and how you can customize holidays.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These are the only features I think they got right.

- Toddlers
    - Clubs
    - Calendar
    - Being able to move rooms
    - CAS though there are things I hate about it as well such as beards not being separated from stubble and no body hair
    - How the Sims look huge improvement over pudding
    - Parenting
    - Yoga
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There are so many things that I like, love or appreciate. I can't list them all, sometimes I can't remember them until they are in my face and it's like pow there it is and it makes me grin, so my most recent appreciations or things I'm thinking of at the moment.

The way you can build on any basically any lot while on your played sim (with cheats pretty much anywhere). Want to set up a icecream party in the park? There it is! You can do it without going back and forth out of your current played household. I do things like this frequently. If my sim needs to sleep or go to the bathroom and I don't want to send them home, never fear everything you need is here.

Not needing mods or cc to enjoy my game. This is me it doesn't pertain to others. I actively don't want in my game what the biggest mod provides. I just don't need mods in general to tweak needs or cc to add in clothing/furniture because I can always find something that works for me. I do sometimes use mods so next..

The extreme ease of mod placement and use when I want to see what's out there to enhance gameplay (usually I go for stuff that would never be in the sims).

I love how focused nearly every theme that is released or is in the game actually is. I have so many examples but most recently photography is really drawing me in. I'm just going out and taking landscape shots, sim pictures ect and it's a lot of fun. I like how involved the animations are surrounding it. Especially using the tripod. Just going jogging even, jogging with your pet... the way they notice others and even objects when they pass it's all lovely and immersive to me due to the animation focus. Yoga was another big one for me... many, many fluid realistic poses and animations, the ability to have classes ect. Dining out... I could go on and on.

The music and sounds in the game. I always have them on. Sounds of whatever seems to fit in the world you are in (I won't give examples because I'd be going on for a bit) or even the sounds the sims make when walking over different surfaces.

The gallery although I have a love/hate relationship with it because I want more tags to narrow my search. I love browsing there when I'm building a themed save I can usually find what I need or something that comes close. I love how easy it is to drop the house and how safe I feel because I'm not searching unknown sites to get this stuff.

The settings. There are so many options to me now especially since I have all the packs. I can have that weird dusty creepy area in Strangerville. I can have the lovely warmth of Sulani. I can have the impressive views in Del Sol Valley. It helps me tell the stories of my sims.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    A positive thread about the good things in this game is a great idea, it gives Maxis feedback on what we want added in the next one (if there is one). After all while the game is missing some features the game isn't poison being pumped down my throat, they generally had great ideas with this game.

1.Builder friendly:
    It's so much better that we can now go "Hmm I want a foundation for my house click" compared to having to tear down the entire house to add or remove one. Also roof placements are easier. I don't know about any of you but I hated placing roofs in past games, it's better here.

2.Mod and CC friendly:
    Just click a button in options and you can turn off/on your mods, it's that easy.

3.Nice art style:
    While this one is more opinion oriented I enjoy the look of the game, definitely the more pleasant looking in the series.

4.Emotions:
    Sims express themselves better. Also the emotional deaths are funny.

5.Wearing whatever whenever:
    While it made sense to have to choose swimwear for water related activities I like the ability to just say nah and dress my sim up like Darth Vader or Noctis (wish we could get the others outfits). Also while I don't use the ability to crossdress alot I appreciate being able to use chick hair on a dude and vice versa, after all it's just hair

I'm sure I'm missing more, but this is all I can think of right now.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love being able to make my sim a vampire/Alien/Mermaid all rolled into one. I love the different roof designs in build mode. I love the better graphics than Sims 3.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Things I like:
    CAS
    Build mode improvements (all hail drag-and-drop room resizing)
    UI feels better compared to TS3
    Mod/CC community
    Not as laggy as TS3
    Career unlocks (instead of just money and sporadic outfits on promotion)
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    FrogglinFrogglin Posts: 3 New Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > I love CAS and Vampires, and Mermaids (though I know I'm in the minority on that last one), Seasons, pets, and so much more! Course, it probably helps that I can't compare it to past iterations of the game, having never played them.

Another mermaid lover here. Sulani is stunning, I'm adoring it.

Other things I like about Sims 4 include little things like drinking a coffee while you do something else. I really enjoy CAS, though most of my sims look the same (it's in the nose), the way you can push and pull the face is excellent. I love the clothes and the colours of them.

The landscaping items are awesome too, and I love that you can overlap some plants to get a fuller, more lush look.

Seasons is so much fun, I've stretched mine out to 14 days instead of 7 so I can really bask in Autumn and Spring. I do get *over* the snow, but that means Spring is even more fun when it arrives.

I also love going and hanging out with random sims who call me to party or have dinner.

I also love silly random things like having the Grim Reaper pose for photos, the cowplant and the clumsy trait.

And doggos :smiley:

Thanks @DragonCat159 for this lovely thread :smile:
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Things I like:

super fast loading compared to TS3
    not lagging even tho I have all packs by now
    the options in CAS are great!
    all the worlds are connected (imo even better than open world in TS3)

and probably more I just can't think of right now :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Things I like about Sims 4 in terms of I hope they’ll use that in a next iteration (my only interest):
    • some of the building tools (moving rooms, adjusting windows, roof placing)
    • turning the camera with your right mouse button
    • the ability to put up walls in tab
    • some CAS tools
    • toddlers (though I do find those too independent)
    That’s really about it for me. Graphics and smooth animations I expect from a newer game anyway, that comes down to improved technology.

P.s. in the past I praised the gallery, but when they’ll add CASt again (😎) I won’t need the gallery, plus for me this whole sharing and popularity contest side of that feature, Maxis highlighting accounts based on I-have-no-idea (and the fights over ‘stealing’) aren’t really what I need at all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    • I enjoy the build mode (minus the lack of a water tool and the CFE cheat). Build mode is TS4's true strength. It took certain features from previous iterations and took them a step further.
    • I really love the appearance of the Sims themselves. They have nice proportions and relatable facial features.
    • CAS is very nice. The push-pull mechanic from other games in the industry was brought into TS4 and it makes creating Sims much easier. In addition, I like that there are more points on the body to manipulate. Not all heavy or slim Sims are shaped alike, with TS4 it's simple to create variety.

If there will be another game in the series, I would like to see this expanded upon -- various types of hip, calf, and buttock sliders, for example. I would really love to see a height slider, too. It's time.

Walk styles were a great idea. However, too many of them are overly exaggerated. I would like to see additional styles that are more subtle. For example, there's only one feminine walk style, a couple more would be nice.

CAS is full of clothing that is modern and relevant. The clothing also 'hangs' on the Sims' frames much better than in previous versions of the game.
    • Certain worlds are truly beautiful such as Sulani (from what I've seen in videos) and Brindleton Bay. I appreciate the attention to detail, such as driveway cutouts and the municipal barrier at the end of the cul-de-sac in Del Sol Valley. Or, the intriguing hangout spot beneath the bridge in Brindleton Bay. Things like that are very familiar to me and add a sense of realism.

I do wish that there was a world that felt more gritty and urban, though -- full of graffiti-strewn alleyways, old brownstone buildings, and functional stoops for Sims neighbors to gather around. (The Spice District is close. However, it's too squeaky clean. More grunge is needed to go along with those TLC apartments, please.)
    • I like the crisp graphics. In-game pictures and CAS pictures are good.

More than anything else, I enjoy taking pictures in TS4. I miss the way that the photo album functioned at launch. I wish that feature would be brought back. I also wish that pictures would appear larger in the game, including the family photos on the load screen and in the gallery.

Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    Most of the above and I must be one of those who do like the small neighbourhoods of 4 or 5 lots as I can make them look like my UK neighbourhoods with my builds, especially that cul-de-sac in Willow Creek.

I also like that, moving one family into an affordable property in any neighbourhood with expensive houses, I can get them to move in my own Sims into the surrounding ones without them paying a cent/penny for them! Better than the motherlode cheat! :D
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    They only thing I'd be okay with being carried over into the next game would be CAS. That's about it. Toddlers are great too!