Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Melmack I agree with you about everything that is being added to the base game. It's one of the reasons why I am not going to rush into buying new packs until after January 2020. Personally, I am a bit tired of content pulled from DLC I have purchased being updated and added to the base game. I guess if I wait long enough, the content in the next couple of packs will be patched into the base game so I don't need to buy anything right now. I'll wait until EA gives it away. For free. As long as EA continues to update the base game with DLC I purchased, any money I would have spent on new packs is now going to support the modding community. At least those mod creators seem to know how to fix bugs, erase annoyances, and create new gameplay mods that add more to my enjoyment than EA has so far this year. The added bonus in not buying new packs means I won't have to wait for my game-fixing mods to be updated so it's safe to play my different saves. I lost a save file after Island Living that I used to test new packs. A vanilla save that was never used with mods or CC. Yet Island Living and the pre-ep update totally borked it. So, just to be clear, I don't hate the concept behind the Moschino stuff pack. If Simmers want to buy it, that's fine. I hope they enjoy it. But for me, it seems a bit pointless since we are dealing with a lot of bugs that came with Island Living and the June 18th update. EA's priorities are a bit messed up right now. And as long as Simmers continue to purchase every new pack, EA doesn't feel the need to fix the game because EA is looking at the number of sales Sims4 is generating right now and assumes everyone is happy with whatever they are given. I am not in that group of happy Simmers. It will take a lot more than a long-overdue update to a career we got in Get To Work and a bunch of CAS and B/B assets I will probably use only once or twice, to push me into buying this newest pack. And if I wait long enough most of what is in this pack will be updated to be compatible with the base game anyway. I can wait. I like freebies. B)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    OP sounds like the thought police telling others what they have to feel and think about a pack

That can be said about the people that can't seem to get over others liking the TS4. Anyways, it looks more like an opinion. Which they're free to give. A lot of the hateful comments are truly unnecessary if we stop and think about it. I want university too, but I'm not going to say "We want university!" for the 1000th time. I'm quite sure they are very aware of it.

I will also add, while it may be useless to some. That doesn't mean it's useless to everyone. There are in fact people who are genuinely interested in this and I'm not going to rain on their parade because I'm not particularly excited about it. A lot of this is reminding me that even the sims community is not toxic free.

Thank you! Finally, a rational post about this.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I’m just hoping you can take family portraits-8 Sims. I want to take pictures with everyone in my Sims household in one portrait and have them displayed. That is the only reason I am really interested in this along with build items. Having a new career is a always a plus. The clothes are different looking and not in a good way. Best clothes introduced is Island Living (I use all and love every piece of clothing) and the clothes in Get Famous are good. I live in CAS and I love custom content for CAS. Custom content really adds to my enjoyment of the Sims. Happy Simming.

Did you get the free portrait in that promotion a while back? It makes a portrait of your family, which evolves as your family changes/grows. You can also lock the portrait so that it doesn't change.

If you missed it, you can get it here: http://sims4studio.com/post/102289

Thanks @IceyJ …so didn't know anything about this. I will check it out. I ended up finding nicer frames at https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/938914/family-portrait-simpler-frame

@Pegasys and @MissNightOwl ...Have nicer frames.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2019
    That's unfortunately the default for the community.

If it's not the pack they were waiting on it's pretty much deemed 'useless'. Maybe it's just me, but without new content we wouldn't have had packs like University and such that was introduced into S2 or Supernatural in S3. Personally University always been one of the most lack luster packs in the game. Usually the activities and such that are more interesting compared to 'going to school' aspect as it's just another way to advance in a career or job which takes longer. Less they can add some sort of spin onto things, but I digress.

Not every pack is gonna be for everyone, but I think people will survive as per usual and move on once they vent out their usual frustrations and sooner or later if not after the next pack may catch their eye.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the medium sleek hairstyle on the model & the a Sim logo bathing suits & earrings. Also, the furniture & dresses were nice. I hope EA rereleases the Family Portrait frames.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Please...please in the future, please STOP putting real people in trailers...please for the love of god PLEASE!

Yeah...because why? I think its totally fun and fine.

Because the more screen time we have of real people the less screen time we have of the stuff that is actually coming in the pack and the latter is reason that the vast majority of us are watching it for.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Please...please in the future, please STOP putting real people in trailers...please for the love of god PLEASE!
    @KaeChan2089
    Could you please elaborate why it is a problem.
    Quite a few people seem bothered by that, but I fail to understand why.
    (in this very case I think they did it because it's a real life brand)

because , it is OUT of place, The Sims are NOT real people, it is an ESCAPE from real life...

This was... the first time they put real people in a trailer... it isn't that big of a deal, is it?
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    An apostrophe is not used to make a word plural. Don't know if anyone has said this yet.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Drago97232 ...What you've read around will always be the case. Some people are always going to use one of the following:

1. No one wanted this.
    2. Who asked for this?
    3. Everyone
    4. Why wasn't this included?
    6. And the list goes on and on.....

Why don't people at least start off with I didn't ask for this or I didn't want this instead of assuming you speak for every single Simmer out there. A bunch of people never thought that the majority would want laundry day and neither did Lyndsay Pearson, General Manager of The Sims--but thank goodness it won the votes.

Buy the pack, wait for the pack to go on sale or don't buy the pack--all personal decisions. Useless to some is beneficial to others. I'm happy there are Expansion Packs, Game Packs and in particular Stuff Packs. Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Honestly, people around here will criticize anything that isn't what they asked for. And even though a lot of the criticism is justified, a lot of it isn't. Just stay away from the feedback section and use the ignore feature.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm betting Friday's Livestream will change a lot of peoples minds.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer Have you heard what else comes in the pack besides clothing? Just curious.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’ll probably get it when it goes on sale just to complete my collection. It looks awful though to be honest.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I must say, I wasn't too excited about the stuff pack when it was first announced in June, but the trailer has definitely switched my energy on it. The clothes look somewhat interesting and unique, the new career excites me quite a lot and the build mode options? YAAAAAAS!!!

I'm definitely buying this on release day. I'm super hyped.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    Based on what I've seen so far, no. I've bought most of the other stuff packs to add a little variety to the game, but so far I haven't seen an item that doesn't make me cringe or feel underwhelmed about this pack. And that's fine, I can't expect to like everything that gets released.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am definitely not part of the demographic TS4 would like to court these days, and the only time in my life I ever followed fashion trends was in the mid-late 70s back in high school. I'd never even heard of Moschino until the collaboration with them was previously announced. I wasn't impressed with their fashion back then except for a few key pieces such as the plumbbob earrings, swimsuit and umbrella. The rest, well, nevermind.

Anyway, when it was announced we would be getting a Moschino SP, I was certain it would be something I wouldn't want for my game. The only thing that intrigued me was the photography career. I love photography in real life and in the game. So I've kept a mostly closed but a tiny bit opened mind until more information was released.

After seeing the teaser, my mind opened a smidgen. The clothes they showed looked pretty decent to me and I could see some of my Sims wearing them. But what about the photography career? We learned a little more about it today in the trailer along with a view of more CAS and BB. I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased with what was shown! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the windows! The clothing while still very trendy is really good in my opinion and not totally over the top as I had feared.

In particular I love that abstract designed dress, the leather jacket, track suit, pink shoes, plumbbob earrings, swimsuit and a few others. Plus, the hairstyles are really nice too, especially the curly short one. I love the magazine piles, clothing rack, the cute bear bookend object and all the other clutter. The furniture looks okay too. I'm not a huge fan of modern though, but it's a nice addition.

What thrills me the most is the new frames in a variety of sizes, styles (love the tabletop version!), colors and the fact we'll be able to take photos of more than just two Sims, including toddlers! I really like that our fashion/model or celebrity (for those that have GF) Sims can have a magazine cover to display on their walls too! I can't wait to watch the livestream on Friday to find out more.

In conclusion, I thought I would dislike a SP like this, but from what I can see so far I would really enjoy having it in my game. Congrats Maxis, you've won over this mid 50s empty nester Mom! If I don't win a copy in a contest, I'll get it some other way.

"Hey Honey, I know something you can get me for our anniversary this year!" ;)

Happy Simming! <3

*Note - Edited to correct a typo (disklike to dislike) Opps!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I'm probably going to get it eventually, just so I can have "all the things" but I might wait until they (finally) put My First Pet Stuff on PS4.

Honestly I'm so salty about MFPS not being ported because of it "not working like a conventional pack" or something that I can't really muster any hype for Moschino.

I can understand why people might not like the clothing though, gaudy or flashy clothing was never my kind of thing so I'll mainly get Moschino Stuff for the build mode items and the new career.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am still trying to understand how this partnership got to exist.
    Not a fan personally of branded DLC in general, but IKEA, Diesel, and H&M seemed to make more sense to me. However, TS4 has a completely different vision/vibe and I guess Moschino unfortunately fits more to it?

I don't care about fashion at all and most of the real life Moschino clothes I find hideous. I wouldn't ever consider buying high fashion anyway even if I had the money to do so.

But all that aside, the pack looks pretty decent. BB and some of CAS look good and very fitting for San Myshuno in my opinion. I think this pack will blend well with City Living and Get Famous. It seems like they made an effort to make the pack feel relevant and not just a massive ad for Moschino.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm actually quite hyped for it at this point in time! I was unsure at first, but the small snippets of the pack that I saw in the trailer was enough to switch my energy on it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I decided to stay on the fence until I saw and heard more. I didn't like the idea and would've rather had many more other things. I like that it has more than clothes. Hair looks nice. The career is what I am looking forward to most. It will be interesting to see what all is included when it comes out. I like seeing them up close. The videos are too fast for me. I don't care for people in the videos either because I would rather see what I'm getting instead of other stuff.☺️. I will get this. Clothes aren't as hideous as some pictures on internet.

Agreed, they sped it up way too fast this time and added real people in the beginning of the trailer to make it appear they were turning into Sims, but I think it missed the mark if that's what they were going for. Also, the fashion photographer career really should have came with the Get Famous game pack or patched in really. But I'll wait to learn more before I decide about getting this pack.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Those new windows, chairs, and shelves look sweeeeet! Let's be honest, I'm interested in build/buy over CAS, so I'm glad we builders aren't forgotten.

Yes - I will be honest, I was not expecting much to interest me in this pack, as Moschino styles aren't at all my usual thing. Which didn't mean it shouldn't be in-game, just that I didn't expect to see much I'd have a use for.

But I agree, the build/buy assets appeal to me. So does the prospect of being able to have a stack of fashion magazines with covers I create as decor.

And honestly? Some of those fashions I actually do like, and would use!

TL:DR - I see more here to interest me than I expected to.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Erm haven’t they just recycled the photography studio from get to work? Haven’t they just recycled another free lancer career? Cause that’s what it looks like.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @NorthDakotaGamer Have you heard what else comes in the pack besides clothing? Just curious.

I saw some build items and the career is just a revamp of the GTW photography business option. Nothing that is enticing new gameplay.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    ooooo thanks @LadyKyn back to rewatch I like that idea about the toddlers in arms in photos I missed that!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My negative opinion comes from being skeptical of all DLC. I looked at the IRL website of the designer and that help form my negative opinion as well. The question that came to mind when watching the trailer was "Who is their target demographic?"

A former sims CM says its teenagers on Instagram with rich parents.