Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Hiring For Next Big Sims Game (Sims 5)?

Comments

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I add every single lot type in Sunset Valley and scuba diving spots. I can’t experience all of the expansions in “one world” without extreme lag and the game bugging out on certain aspects. @MidnightAura
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    TS4 may have a lot more possibilities but can you even experience it in-game without having to imaginate? i could make a long list of things i'd want from farming expansion but pretty sure only a few them would be fullfilled.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941357/sims-4-island-paradise-expansion-or-game-pack#latest]

i created a thread a year ago about the things yall wanted for a tropical themed expansion. a lot of people created a long wish list of things, some have taken 40+ features cuz they thought TS4 had a lot more possibilities. a year later, Island Living came out and it shows...
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Hestia wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    There's really no need for EA/Maxis to end Sims 4 unless Microsoft or Apple radically changes their OS for it to be unable to run like 'The Sims' won't on Windows 10. They could just add to it until it becomes too bloated and needing a high end machine to run it, probably leaving Windows 7, 8, 8.1 behind on the way. By then they might have another game like it to announce. If Sims 4 sells they'll stay with it.

I just hope for its' own sake that they don't call the new game Sims 5. :s

The Sims 1 runs fine on my Windows 10.

Mine does too. All the sims games run fine on windows 10. Ironically sims 4 is the glitchiest. Go figure.

Heh. The irony! For me, it would be The Sims 3 as the laggiest and I have a computer with way higher recommended system requirements for the game.

3 is laggy because of bugs sadly. You can get mods that minimise this. But it’s not due to PC specs.

3 is laggy for some, not all. There are lots of us who play the game with no lag on highest settings. I do, almost every day.

Yeah, I'm one of those person who can run the game without any problems, even in Isla Paradiso.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I add every single lot type in Sunset Valley and scuba diving spots. I can’t experience all of the expansions in “one world” without extreme lag and the game bugging out on certain aspects. @MidnightAura

I’m sorry to hear that, I’ve been there and it’s not fun. Touch wood, my game has been great since we got new computers.
  • Options
    @MidnightAura @Jordan061102 My computer specifications are way beyond what the recommended system requirements are for The Sims 3. :/
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There's really no need for EA/Maxis to end Sims 4 unless Microsoft or Apple radically changes their OS for it to be unable to run like 'The Sims' won't on Windows 10. They could just add to it until it becomes too bloated and needing a high end machine to run it, probably leaving Windows 7, 8, 8.1 behind on the way. By then they might have another game like it to announce. If Sims 4 sells they'll stay with it.

Mine does too. All the sims games run fine on windows 10. Ironically sims 4 is the glitchiest. Go figure.

Heh. The irony! For me, it would be The Sims 3 as the laggiest and I have a computer with way higher recommended system requirements for the game.

3 is laggy because of bugs sadly. You can get mods that minimise this. But it’s not due to PC specs.

3 is laggy for some, not all. There are lots of us who play the game with no lag on highest settings. I do, almost every day.

Yeah, I'm one of those person who can run the game without any problems, even in Isla Paradiso.

Do you play with NRASS? :)
  • Options
    @jackjack_k I use no mods in The Sims3
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Do you play with NRASS? :)

On my pc I use Overwatch and errortrap. On my Husband’s pc I don’t use mods.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,239 Member
    I guess they will begin to close TS3 website and store before moving to TS5.

The Sims 2 website closed on January 14, 2013
    The Sims 2 Store closed on March 31, 2011
  • Options
    I guess they will begin to close TS3 website and store before moving to TS5.

The Sims 2 website closed on January 14, 2013
    The Sims 2 Store closed on March 31, 2011

Not so sure about that, TS3 still sells well, as well as the store.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102

That's why they will kill TS3 to push people toward The Sims 5.
    There is no gain to keep alive old games and get low TS5 sales because of that. The investors are always looking at the new revenue.

• Options
    @Jordan061102

There is no gain to keep alive old games and get low TS5 sales because of that. The investors are always looking at the new revenue.

That's your point of view.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    I could see EA keeping 3, 4 and any future game still on sale in the future. The first two have their own fans who will still like to get their packs, possibly at reduced prices. They'll be available anyway in their Origin Access Store.

EA/Maxis has to be thinking many years ahead. What are they aiming to do about Microsoft's future plans for "cloud streaming" and "Project Scarlett", whatever that is. At least they haven't got to deal with a completely new Microsoft OS though, just updated.

A new Sims game a few or more years ahead might be a different simulation type game entirely, not called Sims 5 but with a different engine, (Frostbite)? probably with choices of Sandbox, RPG elements or an optional Online with or not VR. It could be cloud based as well so that all player could play it on any machine but the online storage of the game could be in Teraflops. This would mean a lot of people might opt for the old games but a lot of newcomers might be tempted to try it.. The last thing it should do will be to keep it's specifications low.

Just speculation.

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    also meanwhile you might have enjoyed open world in ts3 I just hated it.
    Reason? because everything in the world became rabbit hole that instant they put it in game.

want to watch a movie? go in rabbit hole.
    want to go to spa? go in rabbit hole.
    want to do bot fight? go in rabbit hole.
    want to buy food? go in rabbit hole.

Don't even lie about that. That just makes you look ignorant at least or deceptive and untrustworthy at most. The TS3 devs added a lot of active versions of the rabbit holes over the years.

"want to watch a movie?" --> Le Cinema Plumbob

"want to go to spa?" --> Serenity Retreat

"want to buy food?" --> 1) Deliciously Indulgent Bakery; 2) the World Adventures provides a cash register so you can set up your own active grocery lot; 3) the University EP provided a coffee and pastry kiosk; 4) Business as Usual Bistro; 5) Al Fresco Street Market also has vegetable stands where you can sell your produce.

The Bot Stadium may be a rabbit hole, but at least in TS3, we can build robots with the specific traits we want and add them to our households. Or even sell them! We have the cash register for that so we can create our own active lot electronic stores.
    get a new world for your game?
    yay. new meshes for rabbit holes and some landscaping I suppose.

You're just jealous! TS3 gives you the ability to create your own worlds of any size, of any environment, or any time period - any way you want. It's also mod-able so that rabbit hole rugs were created. With rabbit hole rugs, you don't have to wait for the devs to create new meshes for rabbit holes - we can create the lots ourselves! But as I have already mentioned, the devs - as well as modders - have added a great amount of active lot capabilities. Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod for TS3 made virtually ALL rabbit hole careers, made by both EA and fans, into active careers.

It's funny you rage about rabbit holes - the Island Living GP EP turned two of the best activities in TS3's Island Paradise EP, namely the lifeguard career and scuba diving into boring rabbit holes for TS4.
    it just didn't feel all that ''open'' to me you see
    and it took lots of performance for something so flimsy
    (considering the worlds themselves were rather dead)

You're just raging and not making sense. All the EA made worlds are HUGE with averaging 100 lots each, with lots of area to explore. Add to that, all the hundreds of fan made worlds of various sizes, small to huge, of different environments. Why lie and discourage other people from trying out TS3 when it offers so much more than TS4?

Performance isn't even an issue anymore now that newer computers can run TS3 just fine. Even a person with a current potato computer can run the smaller worlds if they can't play the largers ones. You see, with TS3, you will always have options. With TS4? None at all - the worlds EAxis is all you get. You can't even make your own.

Also, the worlds aren't dead - each sim is governed by their traits and careers and needs and will go to the places as those factors dictate. You won't see the same sims in every lot. Lots fill up also at different times of the day. The bistro and diner lots for example fill up during the breakfast, lunch and dinner times.

Additionally, if there are too many lots of the same type - parks for example, then the sims who tend to go to those lots spread out to each of them. I've turned all except one or two parks to "no visitors" so that the sims will only go to the two parks. You just have to understand how the mechanics of TS3 work.

Lastly, you can always add more sims to the world, either your own or fan-made.
    like I could agree ts4 could do with more interactions and activities
    but all that can be updated or made into new packs for ts4
    it does not require making a new game

and I also feel that with ts4 not obsessing over open world and cast and color wheels that all take lots of performance
    there is much more room to expand on new things should they want to do it

meaning I see more possibility of making something cool for this game

Lol, TS4 can barely handle any new additions without falling apart. It has so many bugs that haven't been fixed for years that it is unplayable in live mode. Every new pack has fewer and fewer playable lots and game play. It's past the "possibility of making something cool for this game." If that were so, it would have come out a long time ago, early in its run.

Oh yes, The Sims series definitely requires making a new game and drop kick this garbage iteration to the corner.

especially since ts3 totally trashed my favourite eps and they can't possibly do worse than that

but as this is getting out of topic of the thread I will stop answering anything ts3 related.

TS3's EPs are far superior to any of TS4's. By and large, TS3's EPs had more themes in each pack, far more meaningful gameplay and far more useful and interactive items. I doubt TS3 trashed your favourite EPs. If anything, TS4's EPs are a huge rip-off with so little content and gameplay - may I remind you, that a lot of the items are mere recolors of things you've already bought in the base game and other packs - not to mention that every pack has added more unfixable bugs.

So please, you're not doing TS4 any favors by lying about TS3.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @Jordan061102

I think they may stop selling TS3 in the middle of TS5's run when more packs come out. But at the beginning? Probably not. I'm going to keep playing TS3 and also buy and play TS5's packs as they are released and then ween myself off of TS3 when TS5 has the corresponding EPs - that is, if TS5 is truly amazing and not the half hearted garbage that TS4 is.

Also, I hope they open a Sims 5 Store. I really love the one for TS3! I actually feel no pain parting with my money to buy the great stuff there, lol!

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,599 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    It also says qualifying things; having experience with “in game real time engines” Sims doesn’t really use that. I think it’s for another game.

I fear Olympus 2.0

That's my fear, too. If so I won't be purchasing Sims5. I don't wish to play an MMO. Been there, done that, don't wish to go there again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102

That's your point of view.

Sure, just it's an other of my speculations.
  • Options
    deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wouldn't expect any developments about TS5 for at least another year. Don't they plan to release a few more expansions for TS4?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    /late response on a whim but going to spoiler tag it since its still that same argument i keep getting dragged to and steers off ts5 convo here
    Don't even lie about that. That just makes you look ignorant at least or deceptive and untrustworthy at most. The TS3 devs added a lot of active versions of the rabbit holes over the years.

meanwhile all linked are store adds that I didn't even know existed
    because I never bought a thing out of ts3 store i just bought packs
    since they were ridiculously priced like gp price for one (1) gameplay object back then

obviously might have changed after the game stopped releasing and that is another story but I wasn't there to witness that

The Bot Stadium may be a rabbit hole, but at least in TS3, we can build robots

true, I was not saying ts4 is any better when it comes to bots since there isn't any
    but its one example of why new eps did not excite me after a while
    since I noticed that if there is a big cool venues
    it would probably be just a rabbit hole and look fancy on cover
    You're just jealous! TS3 gives you the ability to create your own worlds of any size, of any environment, or any time period
    It's also mod-able so that rabbit hole rugs were created. With rabbit hole rugs, you don't have to wait for the devs to create new meshes for rabbit holes - we can create the lots ourselves! But as I have already mentioned, the devs - as well as modders - have added a great amount of active lot capabilities. Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod for TS3 made virtually ALL rabbit hole careers, made by both EA and fans, into active careers.

1. Mods being great does not mean the game itself is great and on other hand my game never had room to add any with ts3.
    2. Why would I be jealous of something I own? :confused:
    It's funny you rage about rabbit holes - the Island Living GP EP turned two of the best activities in TS3's Island Paradise EP, namely the lifeguard career and scuba diving into boring rabbit holes for TS4.

Mind you, I am also sad they decided to bring back the rabbit hole stupidity to ts4
    but on other side I enjoy IL more than IP because the other features interest me more
    and on closer look I did not personally use lifeguards and diving in IP that much either

1. for it was bugged 2. diving was big part going to other rabbit hole underwater and I got bored of it

on other hand I find it very funny when ts3 players pretend like ts3 doesn't have rabbit holes
    since its about whole core of ts3
    All the EA made worlds are HUGE with averaging 100 lots each, with lots of area to explore.
    Also, the worlds aren't dead

I don't think you truly understood what I meant by worlds being dead
    considering they decided to make world be focus and open world used so much performance
    I felt like they didn't do enough with it and there was hardly anything I couldn't do on home lot either way
    there is only so many scenic walks to take until I got bored with the idea of going out of lot to do things

and yet there was no way to opt out of such a big feature slowing down everything else I want to do in game
    hence it felt like ''unneeded feature I didn't ask for'' and i grew very annoyed with limitations it set to my game
    hence '' it didn't feel open'' to do whatever i want with it
    Performance isn't even an issue anymore now that newer computers can run TS3 just fine. Even a person with a current potato computer can run the smaller worlds if they can't play the largers ones.
    Lol, TS4 can barely handle any new additions without falling apart

now this is simply false statements
    I have mid range computer and it runs ts4 without fault,
    there is minor bugs but those also don't break my game to point of unplayable

ts3 however crashed in first 5 minutes of playing with same computer
    before i even built anything on that empty lot

tried to play it on anniversary to jog memory, did not end well.

so I still say ts4 has more room to add features to it.
    also considering ts4 having smaller themes its easier to opt out of buying things you don't want in your game
    which in my opinion is strength since I don't have to load city or zombies to play a vampire
    I can have far more packs in my game than before that respond to themes I am interested in
    TS3's EPs had more themes in each pack, far more meaningful gameplay and far more useful and interactive items.

and the grouping of tons of themes into one pack leads to problem of having to buy things you don't care for
    and having that one feature you really wanted get half baked because they didn't really care about it the same
    I doubt TS3 trashed your favourite EPs.

I think most grand example would be

Supernatural and Dragon Valley which both partly relate to Makin' Magic which is my favorite pack
    both of those were very half baked and I immediately felt like uninstalling them after 2 or so runs

Zombies? hate them,
    Vampires? sparkle? get out?
    Witches? Stereotypical.
    Fairies? Have nothing to do?
    Dragons? where? all i see is odd birds in different colors?

at least ts4 has made up for the vampires for me
    and I hope RoM won't be another supernatural
    hope is not lost
    "possibility of making something cool for this game." If that were so, it would have come out a long time ago, early in its run.
    Oh yes, The Sims series definitely requires making a new game and drop kick this garbage iteration to the corner.

funny you should say that personally I always felt like they cut ts 1 and 2 out when interesting things were just beginning
    if they cant figure how to fix ts4 to the point of making new game they will make same mistakes for ts5 as well
    so were I you I'd hold that thought

in conclusion: stop assuming everyone must love ts3 because you do and ''lie about hating it''
    - what reason do i even have to lie lmao like i aint ea agent chill
    for me it just gave lots of annoyance overtime even if there is small things to like too

and it seems odd to me people want to pretend there was 0 issues with it now
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    They need to replace the entire team with all the modders, they do a better job than the people in maxis studio
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2019
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    They need to replace the entire team with all the modders, they do a better job than the people in maxis studio

i don't care what your opinion is on the sims 4 itself, but the development team is extremely talented. don't take your anger out over EA on the people who work hard through crunch time to deliver the content they're told to make from scratch. modders take pre-existing code and assets and just tune them, lots of mods are buggy, get abandoned, and unless they're someone like sacrificial or turbodriver who get lots of money through patreon and donations hardly any of them go through the extent that they go through to make these mods because they're so time consuming as it is just taking pre-existing code and tweaking.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

i don't care what your opinion is on the sims 4 itself, but the development team is extremely talented. don't take your anger out over EA on the people who work hard through crunch time to deliver the content they're told to make from scratch. modders take pre-existing code and assets and just tune them, lots of mods are buggy, get abandoned, and unless they're someone like sacrificial or turbodriver who get lots of money through patreon and donations hardly any of them go through the extent that they go through to make these mods because they're so time consuming as it is just taking pre-existing code and tweaking.

Modding in the form of bug fixes is tuning lines of code, yes, but the fact it takes Maxis months (they've been trying to fix autonomy and simulation lag with a "team of engineers" since April last year) to fix things when modders can do it in sometimes a few days it's easy to see why people dislike the team. The recent bug with vampires being unable to meditate for instance; it was caused by a routing issue triggered by a single line of code. A modder on the forums fixed it in less than 24 hours after the patch, along with another bug (where vampires with the eternal sadness weakness used the idle animations from insatiable thirst erroneously) whilst it took Maxis a month, and the official fix didn't fix the animations. They're still broken. Plus the Maxis fix broke influence emotions so now any vampire can use it regardless as to whether or not they've unlocked it.

Maxis taking a month to adjust the loading screens in the rebrand was particularly horrible.

The studio needs to focus less on getting everything out as soon as possible and more on cohesion and function. I wouldn't put out anything new until I know my product is working ideally first.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

How rude!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Modding in the form of bug fixes is tuning lines of code, yes, but the fact it takes Maxis months (they've been trying to fix autonomy and simulation lag with a "team of engineers" since April last year) to fix things when modders can do it in sometimes a few days it's easy to see why people dislike the team. The recent bug with vampires being unable to meditate for instance; it was caused by a routing issue triggered by a single line of code. A modder on the forums fixed it in less than 24 hours after the patch, along with another bug (where vampires with the eternal sadness weakness used the idle animations from insatiable thirst erroneously) whilst it took Maxis a month, and the official fix didn't fix the animations. They're still broken. Plus the Maxis fix broke influence emotions so now any vampire can use it regardless as to whether or not they've unlocked it.

Maxis taking a month to adjust the loading screens in the rebrand was particularly horrible.

The studio needs to focus less on getting everything out as soon as possible and more on cohesion and function. I wouldn't put out anything new until I know my product is working ideally first.

they're working in a completely different manner than modders are. they've got bugs up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they are queuing and prioritizing alongside new development of the game itself that they are told to work on. they don't have to choice to immediately go fix something when their boss tells them otherwise. the level of disrespect towards a team that has absolutely nothing to do with how patches are released and what they're allowed to work on is disgusting. direct your anger at the higher ups like sim guru lyndsay who gets paid to curate that stuff. they are the ones curating which bugs get prioritized and when patches are released, not the team itself. they don't get paid enough, especially where that studio is located its hardly a living wage, nor the respect enough to be getting that hate when its not their fault.
  • Options
    the fact that you think some random developer on the team who knows how to fix a certain bug, but is told to go work on the new game pack or new expansion, and spends their work hours doing what they're told, and saying that they're 🐸🐸🐸🐸. its gross. like man, i used to work retail, i know how to fold clothes, but if my boss tells me to work register i'm going to work the register even if there's a clothing pile that is a wreck i gotta ring up people's purchases. same thing with the sims 4 team, its not a wild west that modders are allowed to do things without approval and testing.