Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reward Traits - which one is your favorite, and why?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
I did buy some rewards with those reward points back when the game was new, but it's been so long and I'm a bit overwhelmed seeing how many traits can be bought. Some are cheap, some expensive, so my elderly sims with few points will not have lots of different traits to choose from, and there's little time to wait. But younger sims can save up, so it gets harder to decide when to shop.

So, I'm wondering which favorite traits you guys would buy? I know it might depend on a sim's personality/career/life, but it could still be useful learning some pros & cons. Maybe you found some extra smart use of that trait?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Savant is my must have for all my Sims.
    Artsy ones also get Creative Visionary for sure.
    Since I'm playing with extreme weather effects, everyone needs basic acclimation to heat and cold too.
    Those Sims who need to be out of home for a long time (like DJ or archeologist) also get slower needs decay.
    However I never buy those last four traits that fully stop the needs decay even when I have a lot of spare points - it's just too unrealistic :)
    Everything else depends on the character/personality/careers etc.
    My Sims have around 20-30 traits (including aspirations rewards).
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I use frugal and the career ones the most.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I get the first two on all my sims. Then the rest of the traits depend on the sim but I have a lot of other favorites.

Always Welcome I get this one ASAP. Great for so many reasons including the houseguest that wouldn't go away.

Incredibly Friendly Makes things so much easier. If you have to make friends for jobs or any other reason. I even give it to my bad, evil sims to counteract their reputation some.

Fresh Chef I don't get this often because it's a career reward trait but I love it when I do. Sometimes I fill up counters just to see all the food sitting out never rotting away. Great for setting up parties or banquets. I wish it was a purchasable trait.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    money tree. in my first gen i try to save up enough happiness points for a money tree firs,t then my sims never have to work again. (but usually do anyway) its nice to take a generation off from the grind and just have a house bum lol. i also have a mod that makes personality traits and rewards genetic, so i like to get as many of those traits as possible before breeding. gym rat, storm chaser, always welcome, savant, and observant are some of my favorites to get right away
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I really like to buy the Savant, Frugal, and Enterpretal traits, but it always depends on the Sim. For example, if I have a creative sim, I'll get the Creative Visionary trait.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would say I use 'Incredibly Friendly', 'Steel Bladder', 'Speed Cleaner', 'Stoves and Grills Master' and 'Gym Rat' most frequently.
    Edit:
    I realized I forgot to explain why. :smile:
    So, 'Incredibly Friendly' helps with the popularity aspiration and it just makes socializing in the game easier. 'Steel Bladder' because going to the bathroom is no fun and my Sims spend a lot of time at bars, drinking. 'Speed Cleaner' does exactly what it says and I find cleaning even less fun than going to the bathroom. With 'Stoves and Grills Master' my Sims can occasionaly cook Impeccable meals and I use cooking, gourmet cooking and baking a lot in my game. And with the 'Gym Rat' trait building the fitness and wellness skill are much easier to build because Sims don't get filthy from working out.
    I don't like to use the skills that make Sims sleep, eat or shower less (or not at all) because it makes the game a bit boring to me if I don't have to keep up with their needs.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I try for the speed reader one first then savant. Speed reader allows my Sim to completely read the first part of a book without getting up. It gets the aspiration goal read 3 books done faster to bank some quick aspiration points. Some other ones I go for depending on my story that I am playing include gym rat, always welcome and observant. Stoves and grills master and incredibly friendly are really good ones also. Artsy Sims need creative visionary and marketable. I try not to get money tree because then I want to cheat and get more seeds. For me once my Sim is rich I get bored and move on to other Sim. If my Sim is going to have a job I get the connections trait before the job. It starts them out at level 3 in any job. Just depends on the story.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t use them. The last thing I need is to make the game easier.

Edit: Scratch that, I do use Shameless, but only because I think the way the embarrassed mood triggers is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I don’t use them. The last thing I need is to make the game easier.

Edit: Scratch that, I do use Shameless, but only because I think the way the embarrassed mood triggers is ridiculous.

I rarely use the ones to stop the motives draining. I've thought about giving one guy the reward trait related to social need but that's purely because he's a loner type. I've used the needs potions occasionally but usually when the game glitches out or I've made a mistake as a player, like left my sims on a community lot then got sucked into reading some interesting stuff online and forgotten about them,
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I always use Observant. It's probably not important in the grand scheme of things to know the personality traits of every Sim I meet, but I want to know! Part of it might be that I've played the game so long that I feel like I should already know their personalities, so it saves me from actually having to memorize them, but I like being able to go into my relationships panel and have other Sims' information filled out.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The good kisser one, and beguile... Very handy. I find it hard to skill up charisma, good kisser helps a lot. I also like the always welcome and incredibly friendly.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I get the first two on all my sims. Then the rest of the traits depend on the sim but I have a lot of other favorites.

Always Welcome I get this one ASAP. Great for so many reasons including the houseguest that wouldn't go away.

Incredibly Friendly Makes things so much easier. If you have to make friends for jobs or any other reason. I even give it to my bad, evil sims to counteract their reputation some.

Fresh Chef I don't get this often because it's a career reward trait but I love it when I do. Sometimes I fill up counters just to see all the food sitting out never rotting away. Great for setting up parties or banquets. I wish it was a purchasable trait.

There is a mod at MTS that makes it and other reward traits from aspirations purchasable
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited August 2019
    The "Polite" trait young adults get if they had high manners as teens, with the Parenthood pack. It's a SUPERPOWER! They get the "Polite Greeting" which can insta-friend people if their reputation is also way up, which it probably will be considering what you have to do to get good manners.

For the base game....probably the one that makes food not spoil. I can't remember if it's the reward for fulfilling the cooking asp, or if you get it for completing the cooking career. I always do those two simultaneously.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Seldom Sleepy for sims created as teens or older and incredibly friendly for born in game sims as it makes completing the social aspiration as kids much easier, then they get seldom sleepy.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I did buy some rewards with those reward points back when the game was new, but it's been so long and I'm a bit overwhelmed seeing how many traits can be bought. Some are cheap, some expensive, so my elderly sims with few points will not have lots of different traits to choose from, and there's little time to wait. But younger sims can save up, so it gets harder to decide when to shop.

So, I'm wondering which favorite traits you guys would buy? I know it might depend on a sim's personality/career/life, but it could still be useful learning some pros & cons. Maybe you found some extra smart use of that trait?

They should unlock those traits for us to use in CAS, they are freaking personality blocks that we should be able to use from the beginning. Many of them i have never even played with. There are some traits locked to the last career level on some careers, as well as the ones we can only get finishing aspirations. Usually my sims have already turned into elders when i get them, so i never played much with them afterwards. On the other hand, i would like them to add the rest of the CAS traits as buyable rewards in case we wanted to get them playing.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I have at least one sim in the house have the frugal trait for lower bills. I also do steel bladder and hardly hungry. Aside from that just depends on the sim and what I have them doing.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Incredibly Friendly, Storm Chaser, Independent, and The “entrepreneurial” one. Incredible friendly so when I’m trying to get fame points or if I leave my famous sims alone for periods of time their fame doesn’t decay as fast when I come back. Storm chaser, because it’s not realistic that every sim is tense when it comes to thunderstorms, not in my world anyway. Independent because adult sims that were toddler charmers are annoying because they are always sad, I despise the neediness. Entrepreneurial because I want my sims to get ahead quicker, make more money quicker.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2019
    I used to use Steel Bladder all the time, then Antiseptic. But lately I've been trying a new approach for fun: My sims are not allowed to purchase any reward traits until they turn Elder. As soon as they turn Elder, they can buy whatever they want to make life easy and and live the good life for the rest of their life. Hence I now have more reason to look forward to them turning Elder.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Beguiling and Great Kisser. Great for when I want to make my sim more attractive to others. I can make them as physically beautiful as I want, but other sims aren't going to react to them as if they're beautiful unless I give them certain traits.

Great Storyteller. When I want a sim who's good in social situations. I usually pair this with the outgoing trait. This goes well with "Sincere" and "Socially Gifted," too."

Observant. A good trait for a "people person."

Memorable. I give this to all my sims. I hate relationship decay.

Steel Bladder. I usually give this to servants.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    As you note it depends on the sim what reward traits I prefer them to have, but my favourite reward trait is probably Savant since it's useful for all skill building and I like intelligent characters. I also use Observant for getting to know sims faster and Creative Visionary for my creative sims quite a lot. Carefree can be useful too if you play vampires and want to cancel out the Day Phobia weakness.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I rarely use them because it doesn't make sense to me in the game usually. For example, why would fulfilling a whim to buy a bee box make it so my Sim can go to the bathroom less often? Maybe if my Sim went to a witch who gave him a potion to develop that trait? It just doesn't usually work well for my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    probably beguile. I just like the animation.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I always use observant as I like to make is easier to know other sims traits, frugal to reduce bills for all my sims and storm chaser as I don't like the tense moodlet it gives to every sim. Any other traits I use are more sim specific for that particular sim and their story.
  • Options
    FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    As someone who play a lot with active sims I like to use the Gym Rat trait. I rarely put TV or computer in my house so my sims are often low on fun, but with this trait, everything is fine.

After reading comment above, I realized I never bought the Money Tree Reward. I should give it a try one day!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Speed reader is the first one I always get for many of my Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....