Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like your sims to leave their home a often? Are community lots important in your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I like to spend most time at my sims home. I only need a few practical community lots.
    My sims don't really travel often. I take them to festivals sometimes or I'll send someone out if I want them to meet more friends/find a potential significant other, but most of the time, they just stay at home. I used to take them to restaraunts all the time as well but ever since that food stealing glitch happened I stopped doing that.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I often travel away from my sims home lot. I like to have a lot of different community lots.
    I wasn't sure what to choose, since it really depends on the sim. When it's a small family (mother,father, one or two kids) I love having them go out. Right now I'm doing a legacy challenge and as much as I'd love to have them go out, I'm one of those people who focus on points 24/7 :D
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I like to spend most time at my sims home. I only need a few practical community lots.
    I don't like to spend all the sims time at home but often I can't find the time to send my sim to a bar or visit a neighbor (also the loading screen really takes me out of the game so I try to avoid it ^^)
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I often travel away from my sims home lot. I like to have a lot of different community lots.
    I try to get my sims out as much as possible but a lot of times I get so busy with the family on the home lot I forget. It’d be nice if there was more to do though.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm typically a stay-at-home simmer. Most of my saves don't even have a single restaurant. Mostly because the constant invitation nag, but also because most of my sims don't need food. I play vampires, and they have also been kind of annoying at restaurants, constantly grabbing for their plasma packs, even when not thirsty.

Libraries, museums and parks are boring to me, and I don't care enough to add more stuff to do.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    For me it depends on the personality of each of my Sims. I have some "home bodies" that are quite content never going anywhere far from their home - and then I have some Sims who spend hardly any time at home. Like real people it takes all kinds of Sims to make up a world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I wish I played at community lots more often since the Sims 4 worlds are really pretty. However, I think years of having to wait 10+ minutes to load a lot and crashes when on community lots has trained me to not have Sims leave home that often. It's like I know technology has improved a lot and it's not like how it was 15 years ago when I was playing the sims 1 and 2, but old habits die hard.

Also everytime my sim gets invited out they are on the verge of passing out so I have to say no unless I want them to sleep in the street.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Honestly, it all depends on which save I'm playing. With my Cantrell family save, Erik is a Global Superstar. He often goes out and about. I even like to follow him to his concerts, although now that he has a family, I send him to 'away' concerts, which is a rabbit hole.

With my ancestral game save, not so much. Mostly just when a family member asks for my Sim to join them somewhere, but then again, not always because they call at the worst times. LOL

But I do try to have several Karaoke Bars, lounges, eateries in my Cantrell save along with a variety of concert venues. I have been a bit slower on the differing venues in my ancestral game save, concentrating more on playing itself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Just sitting around at home is boring. Just like in real life :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories πŸ¦‡ and an ongoing ghost story πŸ‘».
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idiπŸ€ͺts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! πŸ‘‹
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Sims lives get busy. I wish community lots could either have more than one purpose or you could go from one to the other without have to "travel" so a family could go to the business section and the kids do one thing and the adults another. I like restaurants but they take so long.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    They don't travel much when there's a toddler in the house, but the rest of the time they go out quite a bit. I spent a lot of time downloading interesting lots from the gallery and trying them out with different families.
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would love for my sims to leave their homes more often but I tend to have 7/8 sims per household and with the loading screens most of the time I just have them stay home. But when there's 1 or 2 home while the kids are at school then I'll let them go explore and hangout.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I tend to keep my sims at home, but I feel like since Seasons I've started getting them out of the house more for things like 4th of July 'picnics' and going ice skating. I think the main reason I tend to stay at home is because there isn't much variety off the home lot. Family activities only really amount to going to the park and you can only do that so much before it becomes boring.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It really depends on the file. I am all for family gameplay of the members being very close and spending quality time together. Most often that is easier done just on my home lot
  • Options
    MilkMommyMilkMommy Posts: 7 New Member
    I wasn't super happy with the Sims 4 not being open world, I love the Sims 4 and I recognize why there isn't an open world. My only problem with it is that my Sims just don't get out of the house often.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Not as often as I would LIKE to considering the loading screens everywhere.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I also avoid traveling to avoid loading screens. I do like to go to festivals because they break up the monotony, but for most games, I stay in my home neighborhood. I am picky about my home neighborhood and I build/personalize my homes to be exactly what I want, so if I can do something at home or in a little unofficial park nearby, that is where I'll do it.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    irl me is kind of loner so I ofter forget to take my sims out πŸ˜‚

recently tried to play ts1 the way I usually play sims and my sims kept getting depressed because I just wanted to make spells and not talk to other sims :sweat_smile:

but I find that i use community lots i made myself more lately since im putting more effort in building them in first place
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free