Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's death - how are you dealing with it?

Comments

• Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    I accept it as part of the game/story.
    I may murder sims sometimes? but a majority of the time now days I just wait for them to pass either naturally or accidentally (or accidentally but with my pushing and shoving *cough cough*)
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I'm doing everything to prevent it or bring the Sim back. (Death Flower, Book of Life, Ambrosia)
    To use Mercys words: Heroes never die!
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Other...
    My Sims almost never die. Aging off is a treat and I don't let them get over emotional lol.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I accept it, unless it totally breaks my story.
    I’ve been playing a multiple generation family so unless the next gen heir dies it’s fine.
  • Options
    twincentaurstwincentaurs Posts: 4 New Member
    I enjoy unexpected deaths, as it adds twists to my stories. The only time I will roll back a save is if it's the only possible heir for whatever legacy I'm doing at the time. I'll only bring them back if it fits into my story.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Other...
    My own sims can die?!?!?! Pff weak humans. My family are vampires and the only deaths that happen are the ones the Old Ones dictate xD
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I kill Sims a lot for fun/drama.
    For the other sims? My neighbors die every week or so, gotta keep that rent down.
    Mine? Yeah they die often too, my stereo has a terrifying kill streak it's only a matter of time before it calls down a tactical nuke
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    For the other sims? My neighbors die every week or so, gotta keep that rent down.
    Mine? Yeah they die often too, my stereo has a terrifying kill streak it's only a matter of time before it calls down a tactical nuke

My stereo is also pretty deadly. :neutral: A sim trying to repair it got electrocuted AND started a huge fire. The only reason she survived was because she was pregnant.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I love a twist. When it happens unexpected is the best, unless it’s because one of my cherished sims dies from old age, I take that harder. I’ve only once had a sim die that I had to bring back but rest of the time, I let it go, anything to add to my sims’ stories I take it, good or bad.
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Until now, I only had to exit the game without saving once, because a sim I created and newly added to the household died because of hysteria.
    For story telling I also let some sims die. Also, I wanted to know if vampires can die by a curse. (Yes they can. ;) )

Usually, all my sims die of old age, unless I want to play a different story. For instance, Don Lothario died by overexertion.

Once I get the notification that my old sim will soon die, I clear the inventory and use the remaining satisfaction points to buy potions, which I drag to the inventory of his/her descendants. They never die alone and I have a graveyard for their tombstones.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I quit without saving and roll back.
    I mostly play with aging off in my main game, so if a death happens I didn’t plan then I won’t save. This has only happened twice in my game, once a Sim was electrocuted, and once one died trying to bake something, both were unexpected and not planned.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other...
    i keep aging fully turn off and use a mod to make my sims imortel
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    So... one of my main sims just DIED... and I revived her with MCCC. Can I change my answer?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I would have completely turned Sim death off if it was an option.
    OK... I can turn death off. Death and aging is off in my game. There is a cheat to toggle death on and off. I can use a mod to turn off emotional death. Sorry, no one is dying in my game unless I want them to die which is almost never. I did however make Bob Pancakes a window in one save.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Other...
    lol I said other because my sims only die when i allow them to as I am such a control freak haha :)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    How are you usually handling your played Sims' death?

Personally, I'm trying to be as prepared as I can - Death Flowers, Books of Life, Ambrosia are by best friends.
    Skills and aspirations with them are my top priority when I start a new save.

Although I have emotional deaths also disabled accidents happen, unless they happen to one of my active households. Then I actually reload.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited August 2019
    Very rarely do I let the random deaths stand, I am god in Simsland and I choose who lives or dies. That said there are plenty of tombstones in the graveyard. I didnt see other at the bottom, it would be a better fit.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    edited August 2019
    My Sims got into a small bit of trouble a few times where their demise was unavoidable (honestly WHY would you run back outside in the thunderstorm to go fishing again after you already got hit by lightning once?) and once I saw the dropping dead action I suddenly was like "delete" and left the game. I don't care how many hours I spent in game at that point, I am not going to lose one of my babies because they were stupid or I was careless. There will be no dying on my watch. I also have aging off in the game.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Other...
    I either quit without saving or play with aging off. I don't even like when sims I don't play die lol
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Right now I'm playing a legacy using the short lifespan.

So yeah, I accept it and roll on... :D
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    If the death is unexpected and I’m in the middle of a game with a character I’m enjoying, sudden death makes me real frustrated and afraid I escape by the no save route.
    That said, if I’m playing a story line that death is expected I’m much better behaved and accept it whenever it comes, so I guess my answer should really have been ‘other’
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Other...
    I play out predetermined stories a lot so most of the time it's called for and I have to do it on purpose. I've been really lucky with keeping my sims alive that I want to be alive but if it did happen I would just force quite and start over. I'll say that's what happened to me in Sims 3. My sim got hit by a meteor on his first day of work :D That's literally the funniest thing that's ever happened to me in game.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2019
    I kill Sims a lot for fun/drama.
    i get bored of my sims pretty easily, killing them keeps things interesting
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Other...
    I’ve yet to have a Sim die since Sims 1. In Sims 4, I play the long life span with aging turned off for my inactive and unplayed households. Accidental deaths are pretty easy to avoid so that hasn’t come up yet...but if it does I’ll probably exit without saving and try again... I’ve found that I just feel too guilty to purposefully kill a sim, even if it’s for a story :'(

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Other...
    I'm fine with sims dying except whichever favorite I'm playing.