Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's death - how are you dealing with it?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2019
    I kill Sims a lot for fun/drama.
    I am a deviant pyro Simmer so I burn Sims. Odd coping mechanism for me with dealing with chronic pain, but it works like killing off the pain. I play with families too. There are just some days you just got to watch a Sims world burn around them to build it up again, like a renewing process. I blame the Sims origin for this since the game was designed after Will Wright had a house fire.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VenitiaVenitia Posts: 20 Member
    I accept it, unless it totally breaks my story.
    I don't necessarily have a story yet, waiting for Magic of Realms before I consider a story. I do let my sims age and die, and if I ever get an unexpected death I may keep them dead. It mainly depends if they are a sim I am needing a child from or not. I currently am on my 4th generation so I do have sims that have already passed on. All of them were elders who died from old age.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited July 2019
    Idk I think i have bad habit of killing off anyone that isn't bringing anything into the household or just ain't fun :joy:
    and also always come up with very messed storylines for the deaths for the sake of drama :joy:

trying to have 100 generation legacy atm so I can't keep them all anyway might as well have fun

I do have one sim however that I never kill which is the one I started the legacy with
    because its just handy having one super sim

but also I have no idea how to kill her with all her traits now unless i get a cowplant and force it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Other...
    I've never had to deal with an accidental death in Sims 4. They are all too easy to avoid.

But it would depend on which Sim and if it was planned or unplanned or if it would set me back in a challenge.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would have completely turned Sim death off if it was an option.
    Every member of my real-life family is dead, so I don't want any deaths in my game!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I quit without saving and roll back.
    I'm a pretty emotional person.

I can't handle my sim dying from anything except old age, lol.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I would have completely turned Sim death off if it was an option.
    You know, I have two Sims-games. One is for making a huge family tree, so there I play like it is normal to die and for the family tree to grow. The other game is myself, my family and other important persons in my life, so when I play there I turn aging off, because yeah, I don't want them to die or age. I'm not ready for aging!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Other...
    For my 100 baby challenge I have aging off for unplayed households. I can’t deal with all the death notifications for every single YA that moves out. It gets really annoying when my sims are sad nonstop. But I usually play with aging on in my other saves.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Other...
    I usually have stories in mind for my sims so sometimes I kill sims for the story that I'm playing and other times sims just die and even though it can be sad I except it unless I had a different story in mind for that sim. Like when I was playing my two sims on their honeymoon and his wife died so I just quit and reloaded the game.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Other...
    There is no death in my game.
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    no pain, no gain.
    Also killing sims off for fun is a part of my gaming mechanism, where evil sims who freely kill are regarded worse than evil sims who are all bark and no bite.
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I usually accept it, but recently I had to use MCCC to revive a Sim, because she caught on fire right after I started her story.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I accept it as part of the game/story.
    I've only ever had one unexpected death, and it was the husband of one of my favorite sims. I considered quitting without saving but decided to just accept it, and now Daniel is a single dad raising the three daughters he had with his husband. I did turn off emotional deaths after that (it was from laughter), and now when my sims die it's mostly from old age. I do sometimes kill sims for fun, too, but that doesn't happen that often.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Other...
    Most of the time I let my sims age and die as their time comes. Once in a while I'll kill off a sim as part of a story or if the sim is annoying and unneeded for storytelling. I have one save with ageing off where I drop various sims for specific game play (scientist, apartment full of young roommates, explorer etc), that way if I just feel like playing a certain way for a little while I always have sims set up to do that without having to start a new game all the time and I get to each of them around town. That save is one where I would quit without saving to save the sim every time. In any other save interfering with death would depend on the story and I use mods prevent unintentional emotional deaths.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is just a normal part of the game and I play many generations. It takes work to get my sims to die of anything other than old age.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The most recent death in my game took me completely by surprise and I was extremely disappointed by it since I was trying to get this one family to celebrity status as part of their story and the most famous member up and dies in the shark pond when I wasn't pay attention to him.

I had to quit without saving because I really need him!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I prefer to kill them in various ways! However, my favorite way involved that lovely NPC Jasmine Holiday -

Jasmine Holiday "The Death Angel"

Poor little Sims! They never see her coming! Sometimes, she'll allow them to live in peace... for a few weeks, before she start her killing spree >:)

Somewhere, I still have an old game with (a Sugar Skull Challenge version) Jasmine Holiday (added her to my family, then had her kill the family), where Jasmine was my "Death Angel" ! In fact, I think I emptied out Willow Creek and (about) 7/10 of Oasis Springs of the (default) Sims. Btw, I'd age the kids up, so they could take a "dirt nap" with the rest of their family.

Jasmine Holiday was the perfect Death Angel - IS - assuming that I can find the game and update it for SEASONS! Maybe my dear Death Angel can clean out the rest of Oasis Springs... and possibly MORE neighborhoods >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Well if it's of old age or it's a sim I don't care much about I roll with the punches. If not, I quit without saving. But actually, I can't remember the last time I had an accidental death since I am quite careful with my sims. I have temperature effects switched off so they don't freeze to death or overheat, I have emotional deaths switched off with MCCC, I give all my vampires maximum sun resisitance. It's actually pretty tough to die accidentally in this game.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I think of it as cheating to quit without saving, so I just keep going. I don’t try to kill sims, but I don’t try to save them either.

In my current save, I almost had an elder die of embarrassment, but she calmed down before she did. She also almost froze to death earlier on, but warmed up when she went inside. A teen caught on fire, but his brother put him out.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I quit without saving and roll back.
    Only for my favorite sims, the rest I dont care.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    There certainly are a few sad moments, especially when I followed a sim from birth to death over several RL years. I play on rotation, so they normally age max 10 years per RL year. I still have elders around that were created as Young adults when the game was released in 2014. When I realize their time is up, I might try to focus harder on younger generations, it often helps :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    I play with a custom life span (rather longish, around 224 days) so I have plenty of time with each generation, sometimes until the point I get kinda fed up of them. I love them but it can get repetitive, haha, or even they max out their careers and skills and such that I don't know what else to do with them. If someone dies early, I go with it unless I had previous specific plans for them, but this has just happened once: emotional death of laughter... in his own wedding, but his husband pleaded and was able to bring him back lmao.
    gGelhII.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Other...
    My played Sims and premades don't die unless I allow it (aging off, etc.).

If ugly generated townies should die, I celebrate.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Other...
    When legacy playing it's just a part of what naturally happens in the game, but otherwise I play with aging off so they don't die. Unless I really want to kill off NPCs- like the annoying mascots from TS2. (Hint: they keep respawning no matter how many you kill off!)
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Usually, when I feel like I'm about done with my play session for The Sims 4, I save and do stuff after that I would never do in my save file - killing sims for fun included.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos