March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's death - how are you dealing with it?

124...Next

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I accept it as part of the game/story.
    Most of my sims die of old age. Out with the old in with the new.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • katzsimovichkatzsimovich Posts: 15 New Member
    I accept it, unless it totally breaks my story.
    > @mika said:
    > I normally accept it unless it ruins things I had planned for my Sims.

same. ive only intervened with death twice so far in my game. the first was when my sim kept on dying bec of a mod. i exited without saving at least seven times before i just uninstalled the mod altogether. then i just wrote it in as "a rly hard time for her". the second was when my sim's child died (again, bec of a mod) and i really didnt want to have to make another, when i already invested so much in that pregnancy (i extended the pregnancy to 15 days, btw, and i was not willing to spend another 15) so i exited without saving again. :#
  • MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    I'm doing everything to prevent it or bring the Sim back. (Death Flower, Book of Life, Ambrosia)
    If it's a sim I really love, I will absolutely try to bring them back and I am always prepared (usually by having the death flower). If I don't have anything I will try to plead with the grim reaper. If its a sim that I don't have a deep connection to then I accept it as part of the game. I will admit to having some sim deaths being part of the gameplay, and to add a little drama to the story.
  • CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I usually accept it as part of the game/story. I have Master Controller and one time I clicked the bassinet of one of my sims triplets and one option was a blank bubble or something. I clicked it to see what it did and the baby disappeared saying she had been taken by the social worker. I hadn't saved in a while and I couldn't bring her back any other way, so I changed my story sayibg she had passed shortly after she was born.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    There's always another sim, usually. I learned this when playing my big legacy, the one that's on 17 generations. No matter how much I like one heir, eventually there will be a kid who I like just as much. Maybe it won't be their kid, maybe it will be their grandkid. But there'll be someone else. In the house I'm playing now, I let the Sim go after he had a daughter I liked as much as him. He'd had five kids age up and die while he kept chugging potions of youth, but when she arrived I let him go.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I really wasn't able to vote.

Sometimes I kill off a Sim because it's part of the story.
    I've made a few mistakes and killed a Sim by accident. If I do I leave the game without saving.
    If a Sim dies because of the game, age or accident, the game goes on as is.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I usually accept it, but sometimes when they die unexpectedly, I'm upset :s
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Other...
    For me it depends a lot!

If the death is completely unexpected, sometimes I close without saving. :smiley: For example if I'm playing with just 1 Sim.
    But generally I go with whatever happens in the game. Sometimes I'm even partly responsible for my Sims' death.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I accept it, unless it totally breaks my story.
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I like to plan out my sims' stories in advance, which includes who dies and when. If someone dies unexpectedly, I usually keep it that way unless it completely ruins the story I had planned.

Pretty much like this.