The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i love the debug items and the new little story thing in cas.
    but ugh this design makes me nauseous. just like with the ballpit, i look at this and just think.. how?? how could someone think this looked good?? is this a prank???
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    > @Kartai said:
    > BG maybe a subscription in the future?, There has to be a reason why this now looks like a facebook game... :/
    > if they want children to look at this game and spend lots of money on it like facebook game they are changing the strategy alright.
    >
    > I have to say this game is full of bugs and they only fixed that much. I'm going to say maybe they are trying to move slowly slowly away from the sims 4? (I doubt it but maybe it a start?)
    >
    > About that blue it now looks like a facebook/mobile mobile game I'm almost expecting to see something like a Gacha for random items now...

    Don't give them ideas!
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 357 Member
    if the pack they took the items from cost about $20.00 and they took about 13 items to add to BG, that's about $1.53.
    If there were 4 - 5 packs they took the items from, and one person bought all those packs that's about $6.15 - $7.65 people were
    ripped off. Not chump change.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,024 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

    1l7O84H.png

    (the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

    They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

    I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

    Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

    @Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

    I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.

    Ahahaha ;)

    Me too. I can't believe there are so many traditional and realistic careers still missing from this game!
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,472 Member
    They fixed a couple of major, game-breaking bugs, like my toddlers. As for the items that are now free, that's life. You pay full price for something and sometime down the road, it's half-off, or they decide to offer something that was previously premium for free. It's a handful of items, not worlds or game play.

    Personally, I'd love to see more swatches and updates for DLC. If these items only worked if you had the original pack, people (probably the same people) would be complaining. I see it as a win-win.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,702 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

    1l7O84H.png

    (the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

    They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

    I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

    Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

    @Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

    I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.

    Ahahaha ;)

    Me too. I can't believe there are so many traditional and realistic careers still missing from this game!

    It’s much cooler to be an “influencer” than having traditional jobs. Apparently.

    “I don’t want to be a Lawyer, Mum and Dad- I just want to take selfies and upload my every waking move to the Internet”

  • logionlogion Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    mPkP9v7.png

    How the sims feel about this re-branding.

    (I don't know what happened to their feet lol)

    I love that Nancy has the festival outfit bug in that picture.

    "Who cares about this? I just want my pants back!"
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 388 Member
    Toddlers still have the issue where they get interrupted when eating frequently.

    The Sims Twitter account is pretty ballistic right now, people are furious about DLC content being poached and things like cars being decorative. The way things are worded is awfully misleading. One post says to check out the new debug items, including cars, but then doesn't say that the cars are decorative only for instance.

    There's a post from EA Help on there saying the loading screen being too much to bear for some is a very heated issue though, and that it's currently being addressed. I just hope we don't have to wait until the next patch before we see the change.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 423 Member
    I should've downloaded the pirated version since the beginning. Sorry, but this game is turning into a complete disaster. What was the point of spending my money on something that will eventually get free. Even if its one or two items it feels like a slap in the face. And the new look. That thing is just awful. This is an example of bad marketing. Are they trying to get new players or push all players away?
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 649 Member
    not happy, I can press the play button and start from where I left off. press new game and start that. But I can't click the load and load my other saved family's. this sucks.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,633 Member
    What should actually make us mad about this is the fact we paid for all the freebies EA is handing out. It was our money, from the purchase of past content, that is funding this madness. Over a billion dollars in sales off of Sims4, and this was what they decided to spend money on? And as far as the gurus saying they are 'hard at work' fixing the issues that popped up with the June update and Island Living? We've been hearing this line of nonsense since Dine Out was released so don't hold your breath those fixes will come any time soon. I refuse to install this update, and will be playing off line until after the new year. Maybe longer than that if EA doesn't understand we're not a happy bunch of Simmers again. You would think they would get it by now after the toddler war, the My First Pet Stuff uproar, the bugs from Seasons, Island Living with it's problems and this latest patch. This patch was basically filled with things to look at. Nothing was added in terms of gameplay. Or even added to fix our other issues with the game. Three bug fixes, two of which I do not need, were the only ones in this patch. And since the game is already kind of a mess, why would I take the chance of adding even more bugs that might be hidden in this patch?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    What should actually make us mad about this is the fact we paid for all the freebies EA is handing out. It was our money, from the purchase of past content, that is funding this madness. Over a billion dollars in sales off of Sims4, and this was what they decided to spend money on? And as far as the gurus saying they are 'hard at work' fixing the issues that popped up with the June update and Island Living? We've been hearing this line of nonsense since Dine Out was released so don't hold your breath those fixes will come any time soon. I refuse to install this update, and will be playing off line until after the new year. Maybe longer than that if EA doesn't understand we're not a happy bunch of Simmers again. You would think they would get it by now after the toddler war, the My First Pet Stuff uproar, the bugs from Seasons, Island Living with it's problems and this latest patch. This patch was basically filled with things to look at. Nothing was added in terms of gameplay. Or even added to fix our other issues with the game. Three bug fixes, two of which I do not need, were the only ones in this patch. And since the game is already kind of a mess, why would I take the chance of adding even more bugs that might be hidden in this patch?

    Good thing, because I did install the patch and my game has started crashing when I go into the gallery.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,024 Member
    edited July 2019
    logion wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    mPkP9v7.png

    How the sims feel about this re-branding.

    (I don't know what happened to their feet lol)

    I love that Nancy has the festival outfit bug in that picture.

    "Who cares about this? I just want my pants back!"

    I didn't even know that was a bug lol I thought she was just being skankky at the festival xD
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,633 Member
    edited July 2019
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    What should actually make us mad about this is the fact we paid for all the freebies EA is handing out. It was our money, from the purchase of past content, that is funding this madness. Over a billion dollars in sales off of Sims4, and this was what they decided to spend money on? And as far as the gurus saying they are 'hard at work' fixing the issues that popped up with the June update and Island Living? We've been hearing this line of nonsense since Dine Out was released so don't hold your breath those fixes will come any time soon. I refuse to install this update, and will be playing off line until after the new year. Maybe longer than that if EA doesn't understand we're not a happy bunch of Simmers again. You would think they would get it by now after the toddler war, the My First Pet Stuff uproar, the bugs from Seasons, Island Living with it's problems and this latest patch. This patch was basically filled with things to look at. Nothing was added in terms of gameplay. Or even added to fix our other issues with the game. Three bug fixes, two of which I do not need, were the only ones in this patch. And since the game is already kind of a mess, why would I take the chance of adding even more bugs that might be hidden in this patch?

    Good thing, because I did install the patch and my game has started crashing when I go into the gallery.


    Try deleting your localthumbnailcache then repair your game. That worked for a friend of mine earlier today. I am so sorry it happened to you, too.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    What should actually make us mad about this is the fact we paid for all the freebies EA is handing out. It was our money, from the purchase of past content, that is funding this madness. Over a billion dollars in sales off of Sims4, and this was what they decided to spend money on? And as far as the gurus saying they are 'hard at work' fixing the issues that popped up with the June update and Island Living? We've been hearing this line of nonsense since Dine Out was released so don't hold your breath those fixes will come any time soon. I refuse to install this update, and will be playing off line until after the new year. Maybe longer than that if EA doesn't understand we're not a happy bunch of Simmers again. You would think they would get it by now after the toddler war, the My First Pet Stuff uproar, the bugs from Seasons, Island Living with it's problems and this latest patch. This patch was basically filled with things to look at. Nothing was added in terms of gameplay. Or even added to fix our other issues with the game. Three bug fixes, two of which I do not need, were the only ones in this patch. And since the game is already kind of a mess, why would I take the chance of adding even more bugs that might be hidden in this patch?

    Good thing, because I did install the patch and my game has started crashing when I go into the gallery.


    Try deleting your localthumbnailcache then repair your game. That worked for a friend of mine earlier today. I am so sorry it happened to you, too.

    Thanks! I'll try that.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,642 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bad, just bad... Do they actually know there's certain colors others people can find disturbing? Do they know we can't just choose random colors and decide to put them togheter? Do they know it's even worse now to make the difference between EPs and GPs? I feel like a I have a superior brain just because I asked myself those questions, by the way, I don't want to be rude to anybody.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,016 Member
    I think the number one thing driving me really crazy about this UI change is something small but the unicorn Llama and freezer bunny jumping up and down on my screen. This is teen rated not TODDLER rated. I felt like it was made for a five year old...ugh I want it gone along with other things but this really needs to go.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 660 Member
    I haven't d/l'd the patch yet (having been burnt in the past), but from the bug-report-forum it didn't look like the patch broke as much as the June 18th one did--at least not yet. What's your assessment? Is it relatively safe to d/l this one? (If you don't mind tagging me with an @, I'd appreciate it!) Thanks in advance! :smile:
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 222 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    not happy, I can press the play button and start from where I left off. press new game and start that. But I can't click the load and load my other saved family's. this plum.
    I had this same issue. If you’re on a windows computer, try switching to windowed full screen mode (I think that’s what it’s called) in the game options. Someone posted this on EA Answers and this was one of their suggestions. Hope it works for you.


    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-click-on-or-select-things-on-the-far-right-side-of-screen/td-p/6881974
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • AccaliaGreenAccaliaGreen Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a way to add the new storyline feature to sims you have downloaded from the gallery?
  • AkilAkil Posts: 216 Member
    I wrote up a whole thing and ditched it. The only thing I want to know is if the base game people get all the swatches that came with the DLC because, you know, those items are still listed on the sales pages as part of the packs... if the base game has all of the original swatches as well then they are misleading new buyers on how full a pack is (even if it's only an item or so. On SPs that really matters).
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,663 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    I wrote up a whole thing and ditched it. The only thing I want to know is if the base game people get all the swatches that came with the DLC because, you know, those items are still listed on the sales pages as part of the packs... if the base game has all of the original swatches as well then they are misleading new buyers on how full a pack is (even if it's only an item or so. On SPs that really matters).

    No it doesn’t if the item has new swatches that’s all the BG gets (a player in either this thread or another one proved this by disabling all but the BG). I think most items have new swatches the only one I was unsure on was the city living skinny jeans.
  • MaddiewanMaddiewan Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure how I feel about the main menu yet, but I guess it's just something we have to get used to
    I absolutely LOVE the story feature though!
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

    1l7O84H.png

    (the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

    They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

    I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

    Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

    @Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

    I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.

    Ahahaha ;)

    Me too. I can't believe there are so many traditional and realistic careers still missing from this game!

    It’s much cooler to be an “influencer” than having traditional jobs. Apparently.

    “I don’t want to be a Lawyer, Mum and Dad- I just want to take selfies and upload my every waking move to the Internet”

    They say hope is the last thing to leave a person. I think that may be true because I'm still hoping for some normal average joe careers. Why can't I choose for my sim to be a mailman? Or construction worker, firefighter, teacher or many other normal jobs.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

    1l7O84H.png

    (the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

    They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

    I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

    Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

    @Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

    I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.

    Ahahaha ;)

    Me too. I can't believe there are so many traditional and realistic careers still missing from this game!

    It’s much cooler to be an “influencer” than having traditional jobs. Apparently.

    “I don’t want to be a Lawyer, Mum and Dad- I just want to take selfies and upload my every waking move to the Internet”

    They say hope is the last thing to leave a person. I think that may be true because I'm still hoping for some normal average joe careers. Why can't I choose for my sim to be a mailman? Or construction worker, firefighter, teacher or many other normal jobs.

    We can haz Pharmacist?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top