Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

What things have they taken? I haven't played yet.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

Well, they made about 13 items free.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member

zPcriOv.png

Well, they made about 13 items free.

Really like things you've already paid for? Do you have everything? I have everything except for Vampires
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

1l7O84H.png

(the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

MiLleNiAL
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I love the new look
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    izecson wrote: »

1l7O84H.png

They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

MiLleNiAL
    giphy.gif
    (And I think you mean gen Z. The youngest millennials are 25 while the oldest are 38.)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »

1l7O84H.png

MiLleNiAL
    giphy.gif
    (And I think you mean gen Z. The youngest millennials are 25 while the oldest are 38.)

Yeah I guess so, but in my country people thinks Millenial are those recently turned to 20 so I guess I was one of those people who perceived it as that.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

1l7O84H.png

MiLleNiAL
    giphy.gif

Ahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mPkP9v7.png

How the sims feel about this re-branding.

(I don't know what happened to their feet lol)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

1l7O84H.png

MiLleNiAL
    giphy.gif

Yeah I guess so, but in my country people thinks Millenial are those recently turned to 20 so I guess I was one of those people who perceived it as that.

Now THAT is annoying -rolls eyes-
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019

1l7O84H.png

Well, they look quite different from the render, don't they? And I mean that in a bad way.

Funny enough though, the first thing I noticed wasn't that, but the fact that the second girl is wearing a lime green jacket with black accents along with purple tights that looks to have white accents :|

...And that 5th guy who matches his assemble with some very green shoes.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

1l7O84H.png

Well, they look quite different from the render, don't they? And I mean that in a bad way.

Funny enough though, the first thing I noticed wasn't that, but the fact that the second girl is wearing a lime green jacket with black accents along with purple tights that looks to have white accents :|

They are purple tights with lime green accents.

Honestly the clothing choices on some of these are pretty awful. Looks like they were randomized lol

Who wears blue classic baggy pants with a salmon/orange colored leather jacket? And black boots?

Why is the body builder guy wearing green, blue and yellow (ew) sneakers with red shorts and an orange and blue sweater. Like has Maxis heard of complementary colors or nah?

The last girl.....with the skirt and the striped high socks with the short jacket and boots.... also not that great.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Mine was "finalizing" for longer than it was downloading and installing. I thought it had glitched! But no - it just took some time. :)

I had forgotten we were getting new clothing, too. Just in time to give my newly Adult, formerly Young Adult, couple some more age-appropriate outfits. Avery got glasses to go with the grey hair, too - progressive lenses, I am sure. It happens. ;)

l9YYwux.png

• Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019

1l7O84H.png

They are purple tights with lime green accents.

:| Whose idea were those tights. She should use a different top, because even with the accents being lime on the tights they still don't go well with the jacket. And yes, they aren't that greatly colour cordinated in general. I just want to attack the body builder guy's shoes with a spray can.
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member

They released an expansion pack less than a month ago. They don't owe us free stuff.

No, but they DO owe us bug fixes, which we rarely seem to get.
  • Options
    AlizéeAlizée Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like the old loading screen and animation back. Maybe a toggle option in settings to revert. Sort of funny that my life has come to requesting a loading screen change be reverted.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

1l7O84H.png

MiLleNiAL
    giphy.gif

Now THAT is annoying -rolls eyes-
    In fairness, it is an understandable mistake. I used to think a millennial was anyone born in 2000 and later because the word obviously comes from "millennium", and 2000 would be the start of a new millennium.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Some of you are upset because they added a few items from packs into the BG? Are you serious?? It's only a few items... I'm glad they did this. Those who can't afford new packs have at least a few more items in their game to play around with.

I'm not upset that people got something for free for which I paid. I am happy for them. I am fortunate to be able to buy any content that I want (even though I now buy all Sims4 content on sale because I do not feel it is worth full price). I miss the Sims3 Store, as I got a lot of pleasure from gifting fellow simmers new content they did not have.

It is the principle of the matter and the precedence it sets. That they are continually reusing old items rather than creating new items. That they are releasing "NEW" content that is not new. That is like gaslighting. And if no one speaks up now against it, EA will consider these actions acceptable and they will continue.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I wanted a fix for the actor career. I still can't see the tasks that I have to complete before a gig. They need to fix that one.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    wamayeli wrote: »

They released an expansion pack less than a month ago. They don't owe us free stuff.

No, but they DO owe us bug fixes, which we rarely seem to get.

Agreed, and as I stated earlier in the thread, I am very frustrated at the lack of bug fixes. That's not what this comment was about, though.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    wamayeli wrote: »
    Some of you are upset because they added a few items from packs into the BG? Are you serious?? It's only a few items... I'm glad they did this. Those who can't afford new packs have at least a few more items in their game to play around with.

I'm not upset that people got something for free for which I paid. I am happy for them. I am fortunate to be able to buy any content that I want (even though I now buy all Sims4 content on sale because I do not feel it is worth full price). I miss the Sims3 Store, as I got a lot of pleasure from gifting fellow simmers new content they did not have.

It is the principle of the matter and the precedence it sets. That they are continually reusing old items rather than creating new items. That they are releasing "NEW" content that is not new. That is like gaslighting. And if no one speaks up now against it, EA will consider these actions acceptable and they will continue.

I don't think anything is wrong with what they did. I would rather have new stuff added to the game, but I'm not upset about it. I'm fine with it.
    He/Him
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

1l7O84H.png

@Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    BG maybe a subscription in the future?, There has to be a reason why this now looks like a facebook game... :/
    if they want children to look at this game and spend lots of money on it like facebook game they are changing the strategy alright.

I have to say this game is full of bugs and they only fixed that much. I'm going to say maybe they are trying to move slowly slowly away from the sims 4? (I doubt it but maybe it a start?)

About that blue it now looks like a facebook/mobile mobile game I'm almost expecting to see something like a Gacha for random items now...
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    why..
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p