Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I like yours a lot more. :p

Thank you. :) I just want to add that I don't think that every Sim needs to be a model or anything, but the render looks REALLY different.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    For those of you having issues with the world objects cheat, there's a bug report on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Entering-in-the-new-cheat-does-not-unlock-anything-new/m-p/8026134/highlight/false#M146068

Here is a link to tell you how to find these items for those who maybe are havig trouble. I did it and it worked. https://simscommunity.info/2019/07/16/the-sims-4-how-to-find-over-1000-new-environment-objects-in-build-mode/

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Why would that be unfair? It seems reasonable to give certain things that came in other packs free to people who don’t have packs. Fitness Stuff was more the rock climbing wall anyways not any of the clothes in it.

I disagree. It shouldn't matter whether it's a CAS item, a Build and Buy item or a game mechanic, the concept remains the same.

That content which is now base game, was exclusive content as part of a pack. I paid for that exclusive content and the thanks that I get for that from EA/Maxis is "It doesn't matter to us that you paid for it, we're putting it in the base game anyway". So yeah, needless to say I find it very unfair.

If they had added new swatches to base game items, then fine. Created new base game content, even better! But nope, they poached items from paid DLC and thought it was acceptable.

And EA are gonna keep doing it, because this is win-win for them. They get to sell more copies of the basegame without any extra development cost. They will get money from the DLC when it was released and they can later use it to sell more copies of the sims4 basegame by adding it to the game for free. They even rebranded the game now in an effort to make the game not look like a game that was released in 2014.
  • SupernovanSupernovan Posts: 7 New Member
    Since the Sims 1 every pack have had a different color (not sure about Sims 3), and I used to love that as a kid so I'm actually really sad that they changed all the expansion packs to one color. In the Sims 4 the different colors was also useful when trying to tell the pack specific content apart when building/looking for a specific item! But very happy about all the debug items!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    ...is it just me...or did they waste (I KNOW they are not part of the same team) all their time on the awful rebranding, and not even focus on bug fixes going "Hey hey look at this new coat of paint, we hope you will be swayed to see how broken this game is...PRAISE US!"

My comment to my husband was "...we asked you to do this."
    "...but look at what we did it's awesome right?"
    "We didn't ask you to do that. We asked for you to do this not that"

Even though I am not part of the majority on the graphics for the loading screen and the main menu I do agree that fixing the stuff that is broken should be the main focus and primary concern. Not something left to the modders to fix and put out as a mod so that we have a game that isn't as broken. The modders should be making cool things that might not be as popular in the polls when asked what kind of content we want.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    How I feel about this update:

tr3Q64i.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SinisterHeartSinisterHeart Posts: 1 New Member
    Am i the only one having problems with my game crashing and shutting off when im in build mode? I was placing a door and the game shut off
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    aa0.png

I was at least hoping for some fixes on all the Sulani glitches and bugs. Guess my mermaid family and stories will be on hold for another month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gold, just gold.

Awesome I say again just awesome <3:)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

1l7O84H.png

(the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So basically this patch gave us minimal bug fixes, ugly new graphics, and made free items a lot of us already paid for?

giphy.gif
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So basically this patch gave us minimal bug fixes, ugly new graphics, and made free items a lot of us already paid for?

giphy.gif

Apparently they only added new swatches of those items, not the original versions (except the dine out hair.)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    For those of you having issues with the world objects cheat, there's a bug report on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Entering-in-the-new-cheat-does-not-unlock-anything-new/m-p/8026134/highlight/false#M146068

Here is a link to tell you how to find these items for those who maybe are havig trouble. I did it and it worked. https://simscommunity.info/2019/07/16/the-sims-4-how-to-find-over-1000-new-environment-objects-in-build-mode/

Thank you @Colorist40!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I actually like the new update :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

giphy.gif

Apparently they only added new swatches of those items, not the original versions (except the dine out hair.)

The mesh is the same and is now free/available for the basegame. Just because the omitted the original swatches, doesn't make it okay.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'll deal with the redesign. I mean I don't even look at it long enough to really care anyway. I was mostly excited about the unlocked decor items so I can park new cars in my sims driveway. Those oversized toy cars were getting old lol.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

giphy.gif

The mesh is the same and is now free/available for the basegame. Just because the omitted the original swatches, doesn't make it okay.

Why not?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

giphy.gif

Why not?

Because it's content that was previously locked behind a paywall (of a paywall? since you need the base game in order to use it) now available for everyone?

I bought that item because I was under the assessment to use that content I needed to buy the exclusive pack. Now it is free. I bought the packs for many reasons and not just one singular item, but the principle is the same.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Just so you guys can see the new hair in-game:

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

@Sigzy05 I lost it, what does BG mean, BG items.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    How is everyone feeling about the new feature in CAS?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    How is everyone feeling about the new feature in CAS?

I really like it. Had a great time creating a couple today that had traits I never would use on my own. It creates neat but fun combos that I look forward to playing around with. The couple both ended up with the city native aspiration but other than that were completely different. Also had an automatic place for them to live 😆.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

zPcriOv.png

Also, they removed items from packs we paid for long ago and patched them as BG items. I'm honestly kind of mad. I understand that they added new recolours but....I still payed for those assets. Doesn't feel very fair.

BG means Base Game :)
    He/Him
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

zPcriOv.png

BG means Base Game :)

@Sigzy05 Thanks, guess I am not into text, I guess it is not fair for those who paid, but I guess it is nice for those who now have them.
  • NancyWNancyW Posts: 2 New Member
    The update is done, I have the new logo, clothes, hair, story for create a sims, but I don't have the new objects!! Even when I'm doing the cheats!!!
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I just updated my game. It looks generic. It looks The Sims 1ish. I don't like it. 👎 I'm reading no bug fixes. They need to fix these bugs and glitches. C'mon ya'll!
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form