Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2019 (Coming July 16th) (Now Released)

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think the acting career is now bugged, too. I had two actor Sims (different saves) and when you click on the job icon to get a new acting gig or see what tasks they need to perform for their current gig, it's as if they don't have a job at all. Weird and annoying *sigh*

Maybe im thinking different issue, but have you try cancelling the gig? Idk if this bug is already fixed
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I think the acting career is now bugged, too. I had two actor Sims (different saves) and when you click on the job icon to get a new acting gig or see what tasks they need to perform for their current gig, it's as if they don't have a job at all. Weird and annoying *sigh*
    From what I heard it’s related to a UI extension mod. Regardless this should be reported on the bugs site.

I have the latest version and it's not been updated since 18 June, and there are no reports of it affecting the acting career on his Patreon's comments section. But it could be that, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »

Maybe im thinking different issue, but have you try cancelling the gig? Idk if this bug is already fixed

The only way to fix it was to have my Sim quit the career via the phone. Maybe I'll try it again after the July patch... Assuming we get one!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’d like to actually see beach towels! They’re invisible :( Also my child mermaid sim took a bath....next to the tub.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

I have that problem too, and I don't have mods. There are ways to get around it, though:

1. If somebody else is in your household, you can click on them and then click on the sim in the acting career, and that has worked to show what it is that they need to do.
    2. If your sim is in a household by themselves, if you start doing one of the actions that they need to complete and then switch tabs, the checklist of what you need to do will come up. It can be a pain to figure out what these all are, but always check to see if you can research an emotion and then working on whatever skill you needed to have to get the job usually brings it up as well.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Inventory objects vanishing/deleted... not seen that reported but my mersim lost so much stuff! Not sure what is causing it either but I think it may have to do with the Conservationist career??

Yes, it is related to the career. At least in my game, I noticed that every time I sent off a sample it would also send off another random item from my inventory - even my canoe! But at least now I know what causes it and can avoid it until it is fixed, I was stumped for a couple of days.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options

I have that problem too, and I don't have mods. There are ways to get around it, though:

1. If somebody else is in your household, you can click on them and then click on the sim in the acting career, and that has worked to show what it is that they need to do.
    2. If your sim is in a household by themselves, if you start doing one of the actions that they need to complete and then switch tabs, the checklist of what you need to do will come up. It can be a pain to figure out what these all are, but always check to see if you can research an emotion and then working on whatever skill you needed to have to get the job usually brings it up as well.

OK, thanks, those workarounds are good to know.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really thought we would get an emergency patch ... :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a funny bug the other day. My detective went for a swim while on patrol. When he went to arrest someone, suddenly he was nude (pixelated). I'm sure the criminal was highly intimidated by the nude cop, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Broomhilda0426Broomhilda0426 Posts: 7 New Member
    would also like a fix for my sim that makes alien aura and when he drinks it, he falls asleep, It is a bug, please fix it, thank you
  • Options
    Broomhilda0426Broomhilda0426 Posts: 7 New Member
    if you need pics or more information please let me know so it can be fixed, thank you
  • Options
    Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    I noticed one thing about Island Living, it's probably not so much a bug as it is a funny, unintended result of the programming. While it makes sense that a sim who is not a mermaid would ask another sim if he/she is a mermaid and having the option to share the discovery if the sim is one, It doesn't make a lot of sense that one mermaid would have to ask another mermaid if that sim is a mermaid, wouldn't they already know?

Also if you make 2 mermaid sims and they have a mermaid child, the child apparently doesn't know that the parents are mermaids without asking them first and is then apparently excited by the discovery that mermaids exist enough to want to share the discovery, even though he or she is a mermaid themselves
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I really thought we would get an emergency patch ... :'(

It's better to do a larger patch instead of several smaller and not just because of mod compatibility.
    The 'fix' on carrying laundry made some of my sims invent two more new ways to carry the laundry in a weird way...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’d like to actually see beach towels! They’re invisible :( Also my child mermaid sim took a bath....next to the tub.

Do you mean beach towels are invisible with sims laying on them or when sims aren't laying on them? So far I can see them when there isnt a sim on them.

Haven't tried sims using them yet.
  • Options
    A lot of the IL bugs will sadly make their way to the console version.
  • Options
    clue1234floclue1234flo Posts: 59 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

They're invisible for me too!! I thought I was going crazy lol
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    We need a ton of bug fixes, it's beyond a joke. My stitled house by the ocean has waves showing through the floors if you look from certain angles, I can't have toddlers past bedtime because they won't stay in bed for more than a second. I can't make kava drink and actually have it because the sims glitch out, they will make it and they will empty the bowl but neither grab a drink not call to grab a drink work. Ugh.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Agree with people here,
    Also the mermaids not passing on their genetics
  • Options
    LMcGE wrote: »
    We need a ton of bug fixes, it's beyond a joke. My stitled house by the ocean has waves showing through the floors if you look from certain angles, I can't have toddlers past bedtime because they won't stay in bed for more than a second. I can't make kava drink and actually have it because the sims glitch out, they will make it and they will empty the bowl but neither grab a drink not call to grab a drink work. Ugh.

Adults aren't staying in bed either.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Probably they will skip this month again by announcing "There will be no patch this month" I hope I'm wrong.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Probably they will skip this month again by announcing "There will be no patch this month" I hope I'm wrong.

So they don't care about players?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Well no, but the infrequent patches thing isn’t anything new. They haven't been consistent with their patches in awhile. I remember when they used to patch the game at least once a month, now we’re lucky to get one patch in any given 3 months.

I predict we will not see another patch until either: the next DLC drops, or they drop the 32bit version. The latter seems to have stalled since it was supposed to happen last month and was pushed back to an unspecified date so they could sell more DLC.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

My guess is that in order to sustain the "few more years of content for TS4" line, they have to space out the content drops
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Not a bug but: When adding the mermaids they should have add where they could go underwater and you could see that. In fact they should been able to live underwater.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Aren’t they doing a Maxis Monthly on the 12th? It’d look pretty bad if they didn’t have a patch to announce then.