Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2019 (Coming July 16th) (Now Released)

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’d like to actually see beach towels! They’re invisible :( Also my child mermaid sim took a bath....next to the tub.

I don’t know if this helps I had the same problem with the beach towels and I read in the ea bug report place to change the lighting in the graphics section in the options menu from low to medium and it worked.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Probably they will skip this month again by announcing "There will be no patch this month" I hope I'm wrong.

So they don't care about players?

Well no, but the infrequent patches thing isn’t anything new. They haven't been consistent with their patches in awhile. I remember when they used to patch the game at least once a month, now we’re lucky to get one patch in any given 3 months.

I predict we will not see another patch until either: the next DLC drops, or they drop the 32bit version. The latter seems to have stalled since it was supposed to happen last month and was pushed back to an unspecified date so they could sell more DLC.

I really hope they release a patch this month just to fix the Island Living Bugs. I've encountered a lot of them.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Probably they will skip this month again by announcing "There will be no patch this month" I hope I'm wrong.

Aren’t they doing a Maxis Monthly on the 12th? It’d look pretty bad if they didn’t have a patch to announce then.

I vaguely remember there being a Maxis Monthly before where there was no new content for TS4.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Aren’t they doing a Maxis Monthly on the 12th? It’d look pretty bad if they didn’t have a patch to announce then.

They’ve really pressed players to not expect anything going into the Maxis Monthly streams. It wouldn’t be a huge shock for them to have nothing like that to talk about. It’s a pointless 30 min for them to twiddle their thumbs and vaguely talk about how much “fun amazing content” they’re working on.

The only for sure thing that I can guarantee will be present in the MM stream is a complete disregard for the immense pushback the latest EP is getting. They will totally gloss over that, and paint a much different picture about its reception - which has been utterly terrible.
    edited July 2019
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2019
    New Loading screen and main menu

Story Mode CAS with a survey which define the traits, the aspiration, the skills, the career, the family funds,...

A lot of hidden *debug* objects are unlocked.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    New ugly Loading screen and homepage

Store Mode with a survey which define the traits, the aspiration, the skills, the career, the family funds,...

A lot of hidden *debug* objects are unlocked.

:O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    The new CAS story mode is a pretty cool feature so I'm excited for that. The environment objects being available to build with is awesome but I never understood why they weren't usable in the first place.

The new page is going to take some time to get used to though...

I'm assuming they'll announce more things next week and closer to the patch.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My Sims won't sleep on the new outdoor lounge chair that was patched in. When I tell them to "Sleep" the action jumps/cancels and is replaced by "Relax".

Anybody else experiencing this?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Yay, we finally officially get the hi-res deco cars!!! I have waited 5 years for this.
    edited July 2019
    Here the new main menu and loading screen

screen19.jpg
    6zh6r3xeaeha.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Do you think we’ll get the hairstyle on the bottom left sim in a patch or pack?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Do you think we’ll get the hairstyle on the bottom left sim in a patch or pack?

Likely patch. That's the new render for the BG box art.
    edited July 2019
    base_g10.png

Goodbye Babs L'Amour and co. !

New characters are coming ! 3 males, 6 females... Girls rule.

Did I see a lesbian couple ?

render10.png

Patch is releasing July 16th on both PC and Consoles.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    In all honesty, I'm a bit nervous for this update.
    That new pink hairstyle is coming with the patch

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited July 2019
    Maybe this is why the legacy update was pushed. This is probably the last layout for it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    base_g10.png

render10.png

Maybe not, it's a norm in my country for woman to hold hands together or something like above to symbolize sisterhood, but dont apply to man. Anyway I hope this patch comes with bug fixes as well not just content updates, I still have doubt about it though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    base_g10.png

render10.png

Maybe not, it's a norm in my country for woman to hold hands together or something like above to symbolize sisterhood, but dont apply to man. Anyway I hope this patch comes with bug fixes as well not just content updates, I still have doubt about it though.

European?
    Maybe this is why the legacy update was pushed. This is probably the last layout for it.

I'm almost sure this is why the legacy update got delayed.
    base_g10.png

render10.png

Graham said it was coming with bug fixes.

I bet a lot of the 32-bit players are wishing the legacy update came before the redesign now 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Actually...I wouldn't mind the redesign if this patch made the game very stable and bug-free (or close to it). If the 32-bit players will eventually stop receiving updates, they at least deserve a version that has as few bugs as possible