Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hate the M key?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i rarely use it i have my sims use there phone or have my sims stay at home
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    oh Primus yes this is annoying, I tend to use a combination of keyboard and mouse when camera rotating when I'm playing on my desktop. I really wish you could assign your own hot keys.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    I hit that key all the time, especially at night when I'm winding down before bed. No, I didn't want to travel, thank you very much. Ironically, I always forget about it when it does come time to travel and use the phone option lol.
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    I really wish you could assign your own hot keys.
    I thought someone would have posted a way to set hot keys already. So, I guess it's not possible?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Wow. You can actually use a laptop without a mouse? Respect! And no that is not a sarcasm. I always have had to use a mouse with my lap. Last time I used it, which was a while ago I was using a wireless one. I just can't use that pad. My fingers are all dough on it and I was always hitting wrong things.

But where the M key is concerned. I don't really have a problem with it. I do on occasion hit it accidentally but I use my mouse for rotational work. I didn't even know about this feature until a few weeks ago when I hit it again and realised which key I was accidentally hitting.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I use my mouse as all my camera movements, I love the M key. I rarely, if ever, use any other means of travel.

Same here. I would be pretty bummed if there was no M key.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I'm always hitting it when I'm trying to rotate the camera and it takes me to manage worlds. I wish I could turn it off

AYE! I do the same, and it's plumming me off.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I love the M key! Soooo much faster for lot switching.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I enjoy it myself, very convenient for traveling.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have a mouse, too, but turning my camera, the < and > keys are much easier and give me better control. And yes, I keep hitting the M key and getting kicked to Travel window while reaching for the < key.

Glad for all of you who don't have the problem. That doesn't mean it isn't inconvenient and poor design.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,601 Member
    I'm always hitting it when I'm trying to rotate the camera and it takes me to manage worlds. I wish I could turn it off

I only hate it, when I accidentally hit it when desiring to rotate the camera. Thankfully, that's only upon occasion.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

I find it annoying.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Yes!! :# This mainly happens to me when I think I'm typing in the cheat console bar but I'm just typing out sim commands
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Glad to see I'm not alone in this. :D I think i'll take the suggestion of getting a mouse.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I hate tab. The horror when all my interface disappears and I can't work out why.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I couldn't live without the M key, makes travel sooo much faster, like you don't have to have your Sims get their phone out, or wait for them to run all the way to the other side of the neighbourhood to despawn.
    The only time I use the < and > keys are in build mode, so it doesn't matter if I accidentally hit M there because it only works in live mode and that's where I use my mouse.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I use my mouse but I see your point and it would have been nice if you can program your keys as in most other games which I do when I do use my keyboard to play.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I use the map key all the time - so for me I love it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....