Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hate the M key?

I'm always hitting it when I'm trying to rotate the camera and it takes me to manage worlds. I wish I could turn it off
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I dunno I use my mouse scroller
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I use my mouse for all the camera movement so I don't have that problem. :p
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I dunno I use my mouse scroller

Same here. It's so much easier than using the keyboard.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Never use my keyboard for rotating, so it’s a non-issue for me.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I use my mouse as all my camera movements, I love the M key. I rarely, if ever, use any other means of travel.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I always use my mouse, so I didn't even know M did that. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I don't have a mouse, just my laptop touchpad :#
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Love the M key. Its the only way my sims travel
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    M Key=Favorite Feature In Most Of Sims 4
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    As a feature it’s great but yes it can be annoying when rotating and you accidentally nudge it. I initially played on a laptop with a touchpad so even now with my desktop I still use the keyboard to rotate. Can’t get used to it on a mouse.
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    Me too! I have only ever hit the "M" on accident and it's a time-consuming mistake lol
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm playing on a laptop and rarely have my mouse plugged it. M is so annoying when that happens, but when I DO have my mouse plugged it, it's a handy shortcut. I wish we had the option of moving hotkeys around to suit our personal needs because like several people commented, it's a non-issue for them but for others it's a major annoyance.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Play on a laptop over here and I always have a mouse plugged in, treat yourself laptop players! A mouse is a must, I use a wireless mouse I bought off amazon, rarely rely on the keyboard for camera controls, only <,>. I can’t play relying on the small touchpad for mouse control
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I'm always hitting it when I'm trying to rotate the camera and it takes me to manage worlds. I wish I could turn it off

Yup. Same problem here. I'm playing on Macbook and the touchpad works fine for me except for the rotational movements: that's why I mostly use WASD,. for moving the camera.

And. I. Always. End. Up. Pressing. M. -_-'

Really wish it could be toggled off.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Play on a laptop over here and I always have a mouse plugged in, treat yourself laptop players! A mouse is a must, I use a wireless mouse I bought off amazon, rarely rely on the keyboard for camera controls, only <,>. I can’t play relying on the small touchpad for mouse control

Me too. I disable the Synaptics touch pad all the time. I don't like the laptop screen so near and it's more responsive. I believe that's why online gamers think it's unfair to use it.

• Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Oh, this happens to me all the time! I play on my laptop too and I always end up hitting it accidentally. It's a pain because I have to wait to cancel the travelling. I never use M for travel, anyway, I usually just scroll out to touch the button lol.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I play on a gaming laptop too so I feel you. The M game is annoying as heck.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yep, laptop here with no mouse. I have also hit the 'M' key.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Never knew that. Now i hope my inner troll does not accidentally hit the M key today.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I love the M key. That way my sims loose less time to travel. I rarely hit the M key by accident.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I press that thing all the time!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Some keybords have a option to turn any key off and you can choose different keys it turns off on different games.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It's awesome when needed to travel. No need to zoom all the way out, no need to click on the road, and no need to go into the phone to travel. Just press M key and travelling begins immediately.
    However, I do agree it is annoying at times. For example, when I take something out of sim's inventory and want to rotate it but accidentally press M instead of , key and initiate travel.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited July 2019
    M key is love, M key is life. Get yourself a mouse. You'll be like 5 times more productive with the game. I play on a laptop too, so no excuses!! :D

Only like 10 bucks for a super cheap one. That's like cheaper than most packs from the game. ;)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not a bother. I have a gaming mouse that I use on a laptop, but I usually am on a desktop with the other gaming mouse.