Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani Island Festivals - When Do They Happen?

Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
On the Livestream, I thought I heard the Gurus say that Sulani Island Festivals occur almost daily. I've been playing Island Living for a good Sim week and I have yet to see one Sulani Island Festival. I take my Sims to the Beach or Sand Bar in that busy area of town and that's where I thought the festivals were to spawn/occur in that plaza like area. But I have yet to see anything. I had my Sims stay all day as I thought maybe I was missing something as I don't know what time they start. But still the same....no festivals are spawning.

Has anyone had these festivals occur in their game? If so can you shed some light?

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Neither my girlfriend nor I have experienced the festivals in our saves yet either. I’ve actually been searching for an answer as to when they occur as well.
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    Some occur in that little shallow wading cove, some at the "festival ground" I don't know about the other neighborhoods as my sims live in the town area. look for there to be a fishy in netting balloon on the kiosk, that is your clue there is something going on. Usually it's sometime between 6pm-12pm. But not always sometimes it's in the afternoon
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Of all the silly things we get notifications for - you would think we would get notifications for island events or they would be on the calendar. I have finally seen a few but only after my sim moved to the island they are on. The fishing one is in the cove. Others are in that festival area - they are no big deal though - just some sims around a bonfire that are usually not even the regular sims that live there. I have yet to see the sand castle contest one.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I’ve only seen two in my game so far.
    It would be cool if we could get notifications just like city living festivals.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks everyone.....glad to see that they're happening in your games. Perhaps I'm just missing them by not being there at the right location or right time. My Sims live on that 50x50 lot on the island with the 4 lots (forgot its name). @AprilDawn - I totally agree; we do get notifications for anything and everything in the game, it would be nice if we got a notification for festivals too.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Notifications would be nice, it’s weird to get notifications for geek con but not island events.

I’ve saw some festivals near the bar at the little gathering spot. One with a bonfire, another with painting and another with food and that drink.

Yet to see fishing or any others
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am actually quite glad that there are no notifications. I get enough of those as it is. I'll just look for the balloons instead.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Hi sorry, where are the 'festival grounds' located? I have replaced most of the lots in the 'town' area so not sure if I've lost the festival grounds? I've been playing for some time and not seen any events or festivals happen in Sulani?
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @tegteg87 In the fisherman’s neighborhood (lower right) there is a pavilion where I have seen some kava parties and some cooking with the pit. But I haven’t seen it too often. There’s also a bonfire down at the beach where I saw some islanders playing with fire.

On the island in the upper left of the world, I haven’t seen anything going on. But maybe it just hasn’t happened yet.

I haven’t explored the volcanic island yet. Taking my time!
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I really wish they'd give notice for these. Yes, we do get a lot of unnecessary notifications. They could cut back on those and give us notifications for island events. I'd be happy even if the notices only happened while you were in one of the island neighborhoods. As it is, my sims have not left the islands yet and I have not seen a single festival.

Hopefully, someone will make a mod for it as I doubt it will get patched in since it would be useful.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I wish there was a way to turn off the city living notifications and turn these on. Or at the very least, put them on the calendar.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I finally experienced an event, although I showed up late to it. I’m not sure when it started, but my sim got there a little after 8 o’clock. The event cleared up at midnight.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Of all the silly things we get notifications for - you would think we would get notifications for island events or they would be on the calendar. I have finally seen a few but only after my sim moved to the island they are on. The fishing one is in the cove. Others are in that festival area - they are no big deal though - just some sims around a bonfire that are usually not even the regular sims that live there. I have yet to see the sand castle contest one.

There is a sand castle contest??
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So far the only one I have seen is where sims come up to the big area and BBQ on the pit and picnic tables spawn and they all share food and kava. I have not seen any others yet but I hope to soon, I am really excited to try them all out.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I think I’ve figured out why we are all not seeing the festivals! Gosh I’m so dumb.

I’ve been having my sims travel to Ohan’ali beach and from there I’ve been looking at the courtyard type place where the festivals are meant to be. That courtyard has always been empty. Today, I had my sim travel to Ohan’ali beach. I looked over at the festival courtyard which was empty, as usual. But then I had my sim actually walk into the courtyard and suddenly leaf arches and flags popped up and other people ran into the courtyard to begin a festival. So, I think that no festival ever happens unless your sim actually enters the festival courtyard.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy I am not sure since I have not seen one in the game - read it or saw it somewhere but do not remember where - sorry.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited June 2019
    All I can say is look for the balloons:
    9s1vyu9j0gfs.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think I’ve figured out why we are all not seeing the festivals! Gosh I’m so dumb.

I’ve been having my sims travel to Ohan’ali beach and from there I’ve been looking at the courtyard type place where the festivals are meant to be. That courtyard has always been empty. Today, I had my sim travel to Ohan’ali beach. I looked over at the festival courtyard which was empty, as usual. But then I had my sim actually walk into the courtyard and suddenly leaf arches and flags popped up and other people ran into the courtyard to begin a festival. So, I think that no festival ever happens unless your sim actually enters the festival courtyard.

My sim lived in one of the lots near the festival courtyard and they actually happen quite frequently, whether your sim goes there or not. But it can take a few days. I've seen 2-3 different ones (sometimes I'd only notice them a few minutes before they ended though xD)
    GiCzC0I.png
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I wish we got notifications for this like the City Living festivals.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    They happen all the time in Ohan'ali Town, I have two households living there in two different saves. You know that they are happening by the baloons showing up everywhere. Below pictures of two different ones. They are not as big as CL festivals, but they are great to get free food and socialize.

TqI7lgB.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to turn off the city living notifications and turn these on. Or at the very least, put them on the calendar.

It would be great if they could fine-tune the notifications and make them to their specific worlds. I would like notifications about Sulani festivals while in Sulani, and San Myshuno notifications while I'm in San Myshuno. Make them so they are tied to the world not only for those that live there, but for those that visit.

To me, Geekcon is too far to go from Sulani, or Selvadorada, or Windenburg, or Oasis Springs. Etc. Etc. Etc.

• Options
    So, I just came across some Island Living cheat codes if anyone wants to use them to trigger the events. Apparently, these are the festivals and they happen randomly:

Fishing Competition Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Island Celebration Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Turtle Hatching Event in Mua Pel’am
    Beach Bonfire Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Family Fun Day Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Flower and Music Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Town BBQ Event in Ohan’ali Town

I do know the Turtle Hatching one does get a notification.

Here is where the cheat codes are:
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/06/24/the-sims-4-island-living-cheats/
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    So, I just came across some Island Living cheat codes if anyone wants to use them to trigger the events. Apparently, these are the festivals and they happen randomly:

Fishing Competition Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Island Celebration Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Turtle Hatching Event in Mua Pel’am
    Beach Bonfire Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Family Fun Day Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Flower and Music Event in Ohan’ali Town
    Town BBQ Event in Ohan’ali Town

I do know the Turtle Hatching one does get a notification.

Here is where the cheat codes are:
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/06/24/the-sims-4-island-living-cheats/

Nice, thanks for sharing! I also realize I haven't seen half of these events (I didn't even know there was a turtle hatching one!) or any volcanic eruptions :joy: I like this pack :)
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

This. It would be awesome if all the festivals, including city living ones, showed up on the calendar.
    moxiegraphix on Origin