Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani - Let's discover the world through screnshots!

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow @MorriSan what lot is that houseboat? Is it on the gallery? It looks amazing.

Here's more pics from me:
    06-23-19_6-32-55%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

My famous actor has not yet been pestered by the paparazzi since he moved to Sulani.
    06-23-19_6-45-32%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

What a show off!
    06-23-19_6-46-54%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I finally saw my first dolphins, although my sim wasn't in the water at the time:

JfyqBbh.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Beautiful pictures. I'd love to share mine, but I guess I have to wait until I have full posting permissions. How does one get points, if I may ask?

And a question about the game: I've noticed some pictures seem to have a slightly different camera angle (deeper to the ground) than what I'm used to. Is that something you can change by adjusting a specific file? I remember you could adjust the camera values in Sims 2.

Many use tab mode to better adjust the angle when taking pictures. Just press tab and then Q and E to move the camera. To the first question: you get points from likes on posts, people are usually happy to give likes to help new members :)
  • Options
    Beautiful pictures. I'd love to share mine, but I guess I have to wait until I have full posting permissions. How does one get points, if I may ask?

And a question about the game: I've noticed some pictures seem to have a slightly different camera angle (deeper to the ground) than what I'm used to. Is that something you can change by adjusting a specific file? I remember you could adjust the camera values in Sims 2.

Hi there! Points are gained by taking part on the forums and getting likes etc. They soon add up :)

For lower-down pics I tend to us the tab key and then Q until I have dropped down to the angle I want. When in tab mode, you can use various keyboard keys, such as 0 to pause and un-pause, the arrow keys for directional movement etc. There's probably a full list available somewhere.
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    @musteni, @elanorbreton
    I tried quoting you two, but I guess that only works in full edit mode, too.
    But anyway, thank you! I'll try the camera thing out next time. :-)

@MorriSan
    Totally seconding that about your houseboat. It looks super cute. I once built a houseboat on a fake lake in Windenburg. It's a different, more sleek and sophisticated style. Yours looks super cute and cosy. I'd love to have a look inside. Would you share it in the gallery and tell us how to find it? :-)
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MorriSan wrote: »
    Wow! So many pretty pics! Sulani is really beautiful!

Things that caught my attention:
    2 of the new harvestibles have new renders!. The coconut plant is a very detailed palmtree en miniature (not in my pic) and the pineapple looks like the real life version! (in German in my pic, I wanted to show a friend and mixed languages^^)
    My Sim uses every opportunity to run around nude! Which makes me smile a lot.

I have also noticed this! I love that! I thought that much like in TS3 they'd be limited by the BG models of the plants but nope! They made new ones for the pineapple plant and the coconut tree!

This gives me hope that they'll make actual corn plants, and not be like in TS3 where they had the same model as the tomato plant etc.

I was so excited when I saw the pineapple plant growing and the leaves weren't like anything I've seen ingame before. It's preparing to bloom atm and the details are stunning. The small harvestible plants we got post Granite Falls were all already known green leafy stuff with added new blooms and fruits. I saw the pineapple wanted to know if the other two new that I've found (are there more than three?) were unique too - but it was too pate in the year for the spring/summer coconut! I put the planter in my small hut and the plant breached the roof ^^. The root thingie is very similar to the potatoe plant. Well, it's a root as well... *shurgs* But the mini-palm tree is gorgeous as well!

(cropped the pic to avoid spamming)

@Rhiannon1307 Thank you! I shared the Starter and the Deluxe version on the gallery.
    Starter: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/209C6A26945311E98A1514AEEA156117?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=MorrighanSan&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

deluxe: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1E748AEC95D911E98CC460CCA9235FE7?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=MorrighanSan&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

I'm working on a yacht, it's more sleek, yes ^^; and a fisher boat... I'm into boats atm but it fits the island theme.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I have no words :D

06-23-19_6-59-01%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I have one: Hilarious!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    My first mermaid/merman, Terho!
    3bPvYjV.png

I kept the tail game gave him because it looked stunning.
    8qpCfoA.png

Beautiful!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    m0nkeymanm0nkeyman Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, anyone else having an issue with the festivals in sulani? My sim is currently living in the starter home near the festival site and I’ve not seen a single festival take place over the course of an in game week. There’s just a bench, the bbq bit and the chickens lol no balloons or decorations etc
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    t843ro.png

206orh3.png

2djx66o.png

Ariel
    33esp3m.png

Moana
    10nywye.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    m0nkeyman wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone else having an issue with the festivals in sulani? My sim is currently living in the starter home near the festival site and I’ve not seen a single festival take place over the course of an in game week. There’s just a bench, the bbq bit and the chickens lol no balloons or decorations etc

There don't seem to be notifications for it, but I've joined a bonfire party there before
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    My family from Willow Creek went on a four day camping trip to Sulani and had the most amazing time :love:
    wUw8gI7.png
    f9fFV2U.png
    PDcrMeL.png
    ZAQ3gYH.png

More under the spoiler tag:
    VmwTjjn.png
    XHRsUTl.png
    MhJ3N1V.png
    6MeWieb.png
    P7Qk9b5.png
    DRqUyS4.png
  • Options
    xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
  • Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    The view close to my Sim's house.

0NTGA7y.png
  • Options
    caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2019

My family from Willow Creek went on a four day camping trip to Sulani and had the most amazing time :love:

How did you get them to go on a camping trip there? I really want to send my sims there for vacation once in a while but still have it open for me to live in.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I just went through all 8 pages, and LOVE all the screens <3

Just a couple from my freshly "turned" merman:

Got himself a nice tan for the Fire festival
    2qMzd4y.png

And mermaids can apparently release their inner dolphin. Who knew?
    He's flipping his hands and making dolphin sounds :D
    4PbDdyY.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

How did you get them to go on a camping trip there? I really want to send my sims there for vacation once in a while but still have it open for me to live in.

They used the tents from Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member

I assume they actually meant how do you "book" a holiday there, using the "take vacation" option from the phone?
    Answer is, you can't. But you can travel there like to any other community lots, and you can either build what you'll need on them or have your sim bring the tent in their inventory and place it. (I highly recommend the former because, if placed outside of a buildable lot, it might cause issues).
  • Options
    caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member

I assume they actually meant how do you "book" a holiday there, using the "take vacation" option from the phone?
    Answer is, you can't. But you can travel there like to any other community lots, and you can either build what you'll need on them or have your sim bring the tent in their inventory and place it. (I highly recommend the former because, if placed outside of a buildable lot, it might cause issues).

ah okay I meant both actually, thanks for clearing things up. I'm definitely gonna do this or at least send pictures of my young couple who are moving there. Actually Tane who is originally a kid is with my legacy sim, Zoe. They are both teens and engaged but will be moving in together as young adults.
  • Options
    m0nkeyman wrote: »

@m0nkeyman , I see festivals all the time, but I have yet to see an interactable dolphin or a mermaid! It's like the game is showing different things to different players.

All the festivals I've seen were happening in the area outside lots in the Ohan'ali Town neighbourhood, sometimes in the pavilion and sometimes at different spots by the sea shore. The first thing I notice is always the balloons and banners; there are also always some objects temporarily placed on the spot where the festival is taking place. At one point there were guitars and easels in the pavilion; at another there was a seafood stand and seashells displayed on tables; at another a swing was placed in the shallow water and children were playing on it. I love this aspect of the game, and spotting the festivals is part of the fun for me. But it's not difficult for me because my sim lives in Ohan'ali, and it's easy for me to just move the camera around while she is doing something at home.
  • Options
    I've mostly ignored the Lani St. Taz neighbourhood in my game because the other two are more interesting, but it's beautiful anyway!

W4oDH1X.png

Kea6E3E.png

yNDycIh.png
  • Options
    I assume they actually meant how do you "book" a holiday there, using the "take vacation" option from the phone? Answer is, you can't. But you can travel there like to any other community lots, and you can either build what you'll need on them or have your sim bring the tent in their inventory and place it. (I highly recommend the former because, if placed outside of a buildable lot, it might cause issues).
    I forgot about doing this! I really need to turn one of the residential lots into a generic lot so that my families can go and vacation there.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    So I was exploring Mua Pel'Am when I spied this outcropping of rock.

4HddiaJ.png?1

But on closer inspection I started to notice that it was no regular outcropping...

gWakUSu.png

But a carving! Of a turtle! <3

hMD5lfT.png

rWnxhVB.png

u2TZJZl.png

Beautiful! There has been much thought and care put into the terrain <3
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    pdStui6.png

So pretty <3
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    My first mermaid/merman, Terho!
    3bPvYjV.png

I kept the tail game gave him because it looked stunning.
    8qpCfoA.png

Agreed! :) It is stunning! I love the colours! <3
    rnKEhBT.png