Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is realism to you?

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

How big is realism to you? 232 votes

I like to play creatively and without limits. I don't care for realism...
16%
Colorist40overonPlayerSinger2010VibseBloosmooMagdaleenafriendlysimmersSavorySageNivyxKirbySkywalkerHimRumiJACKIEJOYphantasmkissHarukotyanZeldaboy180XxAirixXadele_katJackOnYourBackEmo-usagi2187QueenMercy 39 votes
I ONLY want events that occur in 'real life' to happen in my game....
9%
SimQueenie9kiara07Flexono1DillynJameskasienka03_08SelinaKylesChadSims2NoWayJose527So_MoneysunblondBashsync2015calaprfyMoonSimbirdonawireagustdKoteykaEvie0602joyofliving37ListentoToppDoggsofasim 21 votes
Im okay with realism or Im okay with some Fantasy. A bit of both is good.
74%
Akl500Pauroraael14pookysimsloverGoldmoldaricmnfrshBluefairy286IcewolfLaBlue0314NighteyesIceyJMadstarletstoryyBlkBarbiegalsims2freak737HowGreatThouArtrudolphaSimpatsyannWritin_RegIsb917Simburian 172 votes

Comments

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    So , I usually play "realistic" but just because I focus so much of my game on careers. However, I want to branch out and play with mermaids, witches , vampires (which I already own, but havent really played yet) and whatever other occults and strange play comes our way.

I can't wait to jump back into Vampires...I never really gave it a serious chance :)
  • Options
    For those who play with Vampires, do the Vampires work? Vampires with jobs just seem silly to me.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I play a realistic game and like it but eventhough I don't really use any fantasy in my game I gotta do things that are not realistic in real life but are realistic in the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love occult and fantasy and things like that
    but also if you add realistic things id like them added... realistic
    because sometimes they like to make dark things seem fun and games
    and that disturbs me further like just... lets have the dark things

also 90% of the time they censor something I probably saw in kids show so like idk :confused:
    in those cases I am left wanting the realism even if i normally play ridiculous
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    For those who play with Vampires, do the Vampires work? Vampires with jobs just seem silly to me.

they make awesome babysitters don't worry :smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member

Depends on the vampire. I have a good vampire doctor who's pretty good at his job, a corrupt vampire cop, an alluring vampire seductr-err, I mean massage therapist. Just a normal, innocent massage therapist, yes. I even have a lovably dopey vampire pizza delivery guy.

As for realism, I like it when I'm doing specifically a story or something with a more realistic focused, but otherwise, do not impede me.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

they make awesome babysitters don't worry :smile:

I just imagine vampires as centuries old mysterious beings. So I dont think I will use jobs for them, in my own game. For me I think it would take away from their mysticism.
  • Options
    GGgkkg wrote: »

Depends on the vampire. I have a good vampire doctor who's pretty good at his job, a corrupt vampire cop, an alluring vampire seductr-err, I mean massage therapist. Just a normal, innocent massage therapist, yes. I even have a lovably dopey vampire pizza delivery guy.

As for realism, I like it when I'm doing specifically a story or something with a more realistic focused, but otherwise, do not impede me.

Those storylines sound fun. As I already told another person though, I think ill keep my vamps from working jobs. It would make them seem like everyday "people" and I dont want that at all. I want mine to seem otherworldly.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, either my Sims play involves fantasy, or Avery is a trans man and never mentioned it, because he just had a baby. Then again, the original TS3 iteration of this household was a Werewolf and a Fairy. Supernatural sold me on The Sims. I don't mind a mix. I do try to have some grounding in reality, however.
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I like realism with some real comedy, more then abnormal comedy!

And though I like some fantasy in my game, I would like to be able to cut it out of a new game, when I don't want it! Like The Sims 3 had! They have it with somethings, but not all! And I find vampires annoying, them knocking on my sims door as 2:am OR anytime really, I could do without!

But I did pick A Bit Of Both Is Good!

Like I find it annoying that when Cats And Dogs came out, Maxis people said that the reason they made it so we can't control them, was because we can't control them in real life, BUT, people don't literally die of embarrassment and especially from being TOO happy and laughing! But of course they put that in the game! People also don't play musical chairs when they are supposed to be talking to someone either, but again we have that too!

I would just like them to make up their minds sometimes, are they going for realism or far out make believe/fantasy/ or stupidness?
    Okay end of kind of rant, sorry,lol!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    This is so unrelated, but the off-the-grid trait will work wonders for older vampires.

As for the topic, I like both. I want the goofy stuff like mermaids, aliens, vampires, magic, and stuff that I cannot do. I, however, do not want it to be overbearing. I really hope the magic pack ties into the world nicely and is not like how most magic is shown. Harry Potter style would be nice. Robes and such for schooling, but otherwise wear 'normal' clothes.

I want that old lady up the road with the perfect garden to blend in. Except she has, you know, cauldrons and stuff.
  • Options
    NoTalent wrote: »
    This is so unrelated, but the off-the-grid trait will work wonders for older vampires.

As for the topic, I like both. I want the goofy stuff like mermaids, aliens, vampires, magic, and stuff that I cannot do. I, however, do not want it to be overbearing. I really hope the magic pack ties into the world nicely and is not like how most magic is shown. Harry Potter style would be nice. Robes and such for schooling, but otherwise wear 'normal' clothes.

I want that old lady up the road with the perfect garden to blend in. Except she has, you know, cauldrons and stuff.

It's all in how you view things. I personally do not view those things as "goofy". I view them as magical and mystical. So , for me, I would not mind them. I think they should not tone down the "fun" backs for people who dont like that kind of thing either. If they dont like fantasy,they could skip the pack.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    If there are no limits you can make it as real or not as you want.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    When I was a kid, my toys went on all kinds of crazy adventures, doing all kinds of things I wanted to do and couldn't. My Sims are the same way. They can go from rags to riches (or vice versa) at the drop of a cheat, skip work to throw a party with no notice, and change their entire look with no regard to cost. They can meet someone and be married by the end of the day, then grow old together as soulmates. I like the ridiculousness of it all.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I play this game to escape realism, so I prefer a good portion of chaos and nonsense. lol
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    I play this game to escape realism, so I prefer a good portion of chaos and nonsense. lol

agreed <3o:)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I mix both occult and realism, like giving my vampire sims a degree back in sims 3 etc or raising human child.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I guess I'm around 75% realistic play.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Real life is realism enough for me :# I escape it with my little people, they always make me laugh.

As for vampires with jobs, they usually have one in my saves. Not all, though, but most of them. It does give them (and me) something else to focus on than just skills and hobbies (writing, painting etc). To me they are "ordinary" sims with a few extra powers and fewer needs. And supernatural speed is awesome :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Games are meant to inspire our imaginations - the games creator said that and if you do not engage in fantasy you lose half the reason you play games. Life is too real - and too hard because of it - we need escape away from reality. Engage it - it makes Will Wright happy and why he put all the creatures in the game to start with.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Games are meant to inspire our imaginations - the games creator said that and if you do not engage in fantasy you lose half the reason you play games. Life is too real - and too hard because of it - we need escape away from reality. Engage it - it makes Will Wright happy and why he put all the creatures in the game to start with.

Yeah realism was never the aim of the Sims games anyway. So its a little ironic that people act like it soooo important.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I only want things in my game that happen in real life.
    Ya'know, like Vampires, Aliens, and Mermaids. :lol:

Joking aside, I like having the fantasy options available to me.
    In fact, I've probably spent most of my time with things like occults as parts of my families than without.
    Then again, it's not just occults that are "fantastical" when you think about it.

I'm sure it's perfectly mundane to have a car-sized industrial microscope and a telescope that's like a miniature observatory.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yeah realism was never the aim of the Sims games anyway. So its a little ironic that people act like it soooo important.

I get a bit cringy when people playing the game even talk very much about realism - all we have to do is look around us - people are mean more than ever and I cringe over that - even to complete strangers - or accuse others of being mean when they are just trying to be helpful. Bothers me a lot. I'd rather have a hundred friends than a single enemy. That one enemy would upset me because I'd try and find out what I did to make them feel that way. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Some "realistic" fantasy works for me. xD
  • Options
    Stutum wrote: »
    Some "realistic" fantasy works for me. xD

True - fantasy is fun. It would be fun to be a witch, or fairy or any non-human it fires the imagination - I loved supernatural in Sims 3 - I went around helping others. In Sims 2 I made a White Angel who went around bringing back Sims dead loved ones. That's what I like to do in fantasy play. I guess I like happiness for all lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!