Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you handle adding Children to a Same-Sex relationship?

EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
B) With the update a while ago, we were given the option to have female sims impregnate other female sims and Male sims can become pregnant. Most people probably dont use it , but still.

<3 How would you handle it in your game? I have created a Lesbian couple and I would love for their children to be actually related with both parents the same. Or I could use a male donor sim but then the children would have the same father and different mother, but would still be siblings (i hope, sims 4 family tree is kind of strange and broken) :)

<3 I kind of like the idea of my lesbian couple using the same donor. But I also kind of like the idea of one of them impregnating the other o:)
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    I had one adopt a child.
    But I have heard that one player has done a legacy challenge that had a lesbian couple. One of them can become pregnant while the other can make others pregnant.
    I'd say try that pregnancy idea.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I just mainly use adoption so the same sex sim are shown as partners. Never really do same sex pregnancies as it didn't feel realistic
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    These are the different options I use in this situation.
    - Add a child in CAS using their genetics.
    - Use custom gender settings to make one of your sims able to impregnate.
    - Adopt a child.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I just mainly use adoption so the same sex sim are shown as partners. Never really do same sex pregnancies as it didn't feel realistic

B) Yeah, its not realistic, but I imagine my sims actually being from a different dimension from the one we live in , and in that dimension women and men can both become pregnant and vice versa.

As for using an opposite sex donor, that is realistic actually. And I think I might just go with that. Because I don't actually want to adopt unrelated children :)
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I just had my couple adopt. I kind of forgot there were other options. I forget a lot of things. I'm getting old. :#:D
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I just had my couple adopt. I kind of forgot there were other options. I forget a lot of things. I'm getting old. :#:D

Adoption is cool. I just prefer biological children. Im going to use donors :)<3
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey, whatever floats your Sims' boat. Deshaundra had a bio child, Lakeisha, and pretty much raised her as a single parent before she came out to herself and everyone else. Then when Deshaundra got together with a townie named Kari, they adopted a girl named Makenna, and then eventually tied the knot when Makenna got a bit older. It takes all kinds of Sims to make a family.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,892 Member
    I always let my sims have biological children. It doesn't matter to me if its realistic or not, I want them to have kids with their chosen partner, and more often than not, THEY want to have children with their partner as well. I haven't used adoption in years and years....can't remember last time, think it was in TS2, like 15 years ago
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    I prefer playing with female sims so most of my sims who are in relationships are lesbians. If I make the couple in cas I'll choose which sim gets pregnant. If the relationship develops through gameplay then I'll go through the cas edit cheat and choose the sim who will get pregnant. I know it's not realistic but that's the beauty of sims 😁 x
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    I always use male-to-male pregnancies because I love to combine the genes of my sims. Who cares for realism while we play evil mermaids with weather machines??
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I would adopt or if I had a single mother sim who got accidentally (or purposefully) pregnant yet didn’t want her child, I would give that child to my couple and have them pay the 1000 to the mother.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It may not be realistic, but I'd use the CAS gender options and switch them after having the first child so they can experience the second pregnancy from the other perspective. This would of course have to fit the sims' personalities, if one of them wouldn't be inclined to carry a child then she shouldn't.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    I always use male-to-male pregnancies because I love to combine the genes of my sims. Who cares for realism while we play evil mermaids with weather machines??

I agree! I really don't see the sims as being from the same universe as our boring real world anyway. Whose to say living beings in another world wouldn't experience same sex pregnancy anyway?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    In terms of adding children later, I usually do adoption, but I plan to have some sims do the same-sex pregnancy thing.

(In CAS, I sometimes create some children from one parent, and other times, create other children using the DNA from both parents, and pretend it’s like them going to something like the Sims 3’s Into the Future facility.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Adoption is the only way I would add children to same sex couples. I really don't like male pregnancies or same sex sims being able to impregnate each other. It just doesn't seem realistic or natural to me.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,353 Member

I agree! I really don't see the sims as being from the same universe as our boring real world anyway. Whose to say living beings in another world wouldn't experience same sex pregnancy anyway?

Besides, aliens are Sims canon and have experimented with male pregnancy ever since Sims 2.
    If I play by canon, my sims simply have to befriend an alien and pay money to get all their pregnancy wants covered.

(That said, with my slow progression (almost real time) I'm not a big fan of the pregnancy and baby stages and usually just use Play with genetics.)
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    How would I? I already do, it works out quite nicely. Granted, I am queer, advocate for diversity and just love making sims when I have nothing better to do (or when I'm procrastinating 👀), so I have tons of men who can get pregnant and women who can impregnate, it's not the norm for my sims but it's pretty much a normal thing in my saves at this point.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Adoption is the only way I would add children to same sex couples. I really don't like male pregnancies or same sex sims being able to impregnate each other. It just doesn't seem realistic or natural to me.

Just wait ten more years ;)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2019
    For the most part I have same-sex couples procreate with each other. I don't think gender should impede pregnancy. :lol: This is something I modded in from when it could first be modded (Sims 2, I think) up to the gender patch in Sims 4. But I do have some sims adopt for other reasons - in one case the couple was infertile (due to a random chance roll I put together); in another a mom had a family aspiration that couldn't be finished unless she had another child and she happened to be a ghost at the time. I also have couples adopt as part of the random legacy rolls if called for. Or just because I feel like it. :P
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

:) That's fine, as far as realism in real life same sex couples sometimes do use opposite sex donors. Which is going to be my own way and it's also realistic o:)<3
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Eh, realism's boring. I don't have any preferred method for same-sex couples, really. Sometimes I'll have them adopt, sometimes I'll make one able to get pregnant/impregnate others. Doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    As far as realism goes:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45801043
    Science - it works!

o:) awesome! <3
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Um, I used a donor for my lesbian couple. It's called cheating on your girlfriend in the game lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I use both. Mainly adoption, but if the Sims are aliens (possibly later on merfolk) related, I definitely do the custom pregnancy switcheroo. Although really you could headcanon it's alien technology and not their biology that allows it and thus anyone can do it, but ah well.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top