Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you handle adding Children to a Same-Sex relationship?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I either have them adopt or create a toddler in CAS with their genetics because I don't mind skipping the baby life stage.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Adoption is the only way I would add children to same sex couples. I really don't like male pregnancies or same sex sims being able to impregnate each other. It just doesn't seem realistic or natural to me.

:) That's fine, as far as realism in real life same sex couples sometimes do use opposite sex donors. Which is going to be my own way and it's also realistic o:)<3

Oh I don't think using donor is a bad idea. That can work. It happens in the real world after all.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I usually have my same sex couples adopt, but if I really want to maintain genetics then I go the surrogate/donor route. I sometimes do this through CAS or male pregnancy though whilst imagining there is a family member e.g. a cousin of one parent acting as the donor/surrogate so the child is related to both parents.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I've done the pregnancy and it was cool (my sim was with Don Lothario I mean you have to have his baby) but I doubt I would do that with every couple. I've gone the caregiver for a niece/nephew route and have also pretended they did surrogacy/doners by just making a kid be the biologically related to one of them in CAS.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Um, I used a donor for my lesbian couple. It's called cheating on your girlfriend in the game lol

With my donor, i'll just choose one and then make the baby in CAS :)<3 Im not opposed to cheating, it's just I like to think of it more as a legit road to having a child.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    If children of surogaccy and donors can recognize same sex couple both as parents the moment they are born - I totally want that in my gameplay or even a mod!
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    If children of surogaccy and donors can recognize same sex couple both as parents the moment they are born - I totally want that in my gameplay or even a mod!

Well no sadly. But I think its a win that the children of donors can still be blood related , by using the same donor for both @Finbar659

Still, I might just do the same sex pregnancy :)
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I went down the 'donor' route with my sims in CAS. Her older sister was the donor and I made her a caregiver :)
  • Options
    kellza wrote: »
    I went down the 'donor' route with my sims in CAS. Her older sister was the donor and I made her a caregiver :)

Wait, why did you use a female donor for a lesbian couple? couldn't you have just allowed them to conceive? @kellza :o
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    honestly ever since the patch where males can get pregnant a while back i just let my sims fall for who every they fall for or if i like the sims male or female i just hook them up most or my sims male who are with another male get pregnant
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    All kiddos for played sims are done in CAS for me so there is gender makes no difference. Also this lets me skip the baby-stage which is another bonus.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Why be limited by what our puny brains think possible? Game or not, we must evolve beyond that kind of narrow-thinking and grasp for a higher truth. Lest we become stuck - and stagnation equals extinction!

Okay, ahem...back to ground level. I have had male Sims be pregnant several times. They are just empty polygon shells and have no genitals or hormones within. Babies are born by teleportation from out of nowhere, as there is not even an unborn child inside that pregnant-looking belly. So, I just handle it by doing nothing in particular.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It depends on whether I want to play a baby or toddler. If I want to play a baby, I'll create a spouse in CAS and give her the ability to make others pregnant. If I want a toddler, I do the mixing genetics route. Since I'm playing a legacy, I want each generation to be the biological offspring of the last generation, so I don't go the adoption route. (Occasionally, I'll want to play serial toddlers, so I'll have a parent adopt toddlers and raise them to the kid stage, when they get shipped to the homestead for extra family members. I think of them as foster parents. Eventually, they get down to business and have their own kid.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I frequently have same sex couples. I always make them have a baby which is genetically related to both of them, either by using MCCC or by editing them in CAS so that one can impregnate and one be impregnated. Maybe it’s not ‘realistic’ but it’s just a game. I figure that many LGBTQ couples would take this option if it was available in irl (at least I would!) and Sims is meant to be a perfect world.
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    edited June 2019
    CAS gender options. For existing Sims I think you have to put in the fullcas cheat, can't remember even though I last did it like 2-3 days ago. :tongue: I play a legacy-style game so I prefer this method to adoption in order to carry the genes on.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Genetics is one of the few areas in game where I play things realistically. All of my lesbian and gay couples have adopted to have children.
  • Options
    LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    I didn't realize same-sex couples could impregnate each other, but I think that's fantastic. Will definitely have to try that. I like combining the genetics.
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Um, I used a donor for my lesbian couple. It's called cheating on your girlfriend in the game lol

Or "rolling a drunk sailor." LOL

I guess you mix up genetics with the donor, but the other married partner could later choose to become caregiver to the offspring, I guess.

For male couples, has anyone had any success inviting a female surrogate to live with them through a pregnancy?
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    As in RL the game already has adoption as an option. Having donor sex. Or stepparenting. Same-sex impregnation just seems unnatural. I'm glad that the game allows same-sex marriage and parenting.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited June 2019
    Of course aliens sometimes take things into their own hands, heh
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top