Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else excited about the LGBT Pride content coming this month?

Comments

• Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Yes, it cool. I'm just hoping they don't have English words on them. Pride simlish stuff would be amazing.

That would be cool... but considering it's an 'It Gets Better' collaboration, I'm sure we'll be getting at least some outfits that will have that slogan on them. Just like with the 'It's On Us' content they introduced awhile back.

I have a feeling you're right. But IMO it would be so much better in Simlish. Not everyone plays the game in English. But also, I just don't like having anything but Simlish in the decor when playing Sims. I may be in a minority here given how much CC has English words on it. What would be great is if they had it in both simlish and in whatever language you're playing the game in.

I feel this way too. I have overrides for clothes that came in English to be simlish
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I am excited. I'm bisexual myself and there aren't many items CAS wise for me to express my simself during Pride month or Pride week where I live. Sure I can try CC, but there's always breaking/I am plum at making CC items at the moment. So some official stuff will be nice.

It'll also come in handy for a story save I'm doing which is set a few decades back and some issues do come up and it would be nice to have some pride items to help with immersion and whatnot.

And if you're one that's not for LGBT, you can always just have it as rainbow, unless obviously it has some sort of slogan or something. I like rainbows. Now if they fit a unicorn on one of those shirts, I'd be happy too cause I like unicorns and the only unicorn shirt I found really didn't suit my body frame. Banana yellow on my skin is a total no.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2019
    Ok everyone, locking this thread here as instead of discussing the new content, this has turned into an argument. Remember we are here to discuss the game.

[This thread will be reviewed and potentially reopened]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Yes, it cool. I'm just hoping they don't have English words on them. Pride simlish stuff would be amazing.

That would be cool... but considering it's an 'It Gets Better' collaboration, I'm sure we'll be getting at least some outfits that will have that slogan on them. Just like with the 'It's On Us' content they introduced awhile back.

I have a feeling you're right. But IMO it would be so much better in Simlish. Not everyone plays the game in English. But also, I just don't like having anything but Simlish in the decor when playing Sims. I may be in a minority here given how much CC has English words on it. What would be great is if they had it in both simlish and in whatever language you're playing the game in.

I feel this way too. I have overrides for clothes that came in English to be simlish

That's brilliant. I never thought to look to CC. Thank you!
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Re-opening this thread after removing some comments so you can keep discussing of the upcoming Pride content.

I'm going to ask everyone to be mindful of the forum rules, respect each other and keep this discussion on topic. This is about the content that is coming to the game - that's what we are here to discuss. Everyone is free to be excited about the new content or share they don't want it in their game. And your comments should always be respectful towards other member's believes as well - don't try to make others change their minds or impose your opinion over others'.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I'm kind of indifferent. In my imagination, the world in which my game is set doesn't have this kind of inequality to begin with. So I've therefore got no reason to parade my sims around in pride gear. But it's cool that it's there for those who have use of it.

That's such an interesting way to put it. My sim world doesn't have this inequality either, but I'm sure I will still use some of the items. I mean, I've put rainbow items in my kids rooms before that I'm sure are pride related but they're also just pretty.

We all like to have the ability to create sims like ourselves and our world we experience irl to some degree, I always create a sim that is me and I build actual houses I've lived in etc...I'm sure this content means a lot to LGBT in that respect.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I see it as useless bloatware for my own game. I just assume I will need to find a mod to disable those items for random, as I have for other items.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Not really. Probably just items I am never going to use personally. I rather have an attraction system or something that can really help deepen relationships or a story progression.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm straight and cis, but I am excited and will be using the content for my LGBTQ+ sims.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    It's always such a shame to see any LGBT+ related thread of any kind get so hateful. I like rainbow stuff, it's cute and fun. Why can't we just enjoy the fact we'll have official rainbow stuff in the game? I love Pride stuff, not every does, sure, but lie, it'll be cute little clothes and socks and maybe an accessory. It's not a full pack, and they're free items.

@Lustianicia why is it always your threads getting shut down? :P
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'm excited, I love having options in my game and all of my sims will probably wear it, at the end of the day it's free clothes and items. I see nothing to complain about with that. If its rainbow colours all the better, bring it on! Like in real life, if I like it I'll wear it regardless of what section of society likes it or labels attached to it. I'm pretty sure like me, my sims are only ever going to bother about labels that tell you how to was that particular garment. It's free, it's bright, it's good.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new content. I'm always happy to have free stuff and more CAS options. I hope it's Simlish too.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm excited for it, I love seeing things from real life in my Sims game.

I like looking back at the Sims 2 and reminiscing what it was like in the early 2000 and I think it would be good to be able to look back at The Sims 4 in 15 years and be reminded about what it was also like.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wish it actually mattered in the game, but we all know these sims will get romantic with anybody, provided the relationship levels are neutral or positive. I guess free clothing might be nice but if it’s all rainbows that’s a bit stereotypical. I know plenty of gay people and they just want to look nice like anybody else, so they don’t dress any differently in my game. And I know plenty of people who love colorful clothes and don’t wear them for Pride reasons. I guess we’ll see. Does this stuff come with a patch around the time of Island Living release?
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Like a lot of people mentioned, I dislike Sims stuff that is not in simlish. I remember how excited I was to find an old piece of cc that replaced the " It's on us" print with simlish.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Nope.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree it should be in Simlish. English in the sims is just weird

As for the content itself, I don’t see the big deal. There are lots of companies that jump on Pride month just for the sake of it but it makes sense in the sims as the sims has always been inclusive and I think with that in mind it should be there for those that want it. If anything it would be unusual for The Sims not to mark Pride month.

I bet the pride items are better than the moschino items :p
  • Options
    NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    I just hope it isn't just a basic t-shirt, with different color swatches and some text on it.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Personally I love rainbow colors and other beautiful colors so if there is something like an all rainbow colored shirt or pants with no logos then I'll have my sims wear it. It reminds me of spring, summer, a fresh start, and rainbows during and after the rain is what I love seeing and picture. Nothing more. So it all depends on how the clothing and or objects are presented if I'll use it or not. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    Like a lot of people mentioned, I dislike Sims stuff that is not in simlish. I remember how excited I was to find an old piece of cc that replaced the " It's on us" print with simlish.
    I don't think my sim use that shirt because it's weird if i can actually read it.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I am interested in what a Pride bathroom is as that was mentioned in the stream. I love making different bathrooms in the game - so that made me happy - I have just never heard of a pride bathroom -

And yes - I am always happy when equality of some kind gets support from big industries and such. I believe in equality for all people period. So always a good thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I am interested in what a Pride bathroom is as that was mentioned in the stream. I love making different bathrooms in the game - so that made me happy - I have just never heard of a pride bathroom -

And yes - I am always happy when equality of some kind gets support from big industries and such. I believe in equality for all people period. So always a good thing.

A gender neutral bathroom is essentially an at home bathroom with just multiple stalls.

TBH I'm looking forward to it if only just cause the game isn't always explicit about which one are men/women's bathroom and my sim just cancels the action and pees themself if I select the wrong one.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

A gender neutral bathroom is essentially an at home bathroom with just multiple stalls.

TBH I'm looking forward to it if only just cause the game isn't always explicit about which one are men/women's bathroom and my sim just cancels the action and pees themself if I select the wrong one.

Definitely a good thing then. No person should ever be restricted to a picture on the door. That is so wrong. Thank you for explaining. I guess I was already using Pride bathrooms in my game as I never use the doors with male or female on them when I make clubs and gyms. I use regular doors so I did not have to specify. Who ever gets there first - it's their bathroom to use in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I’m not really big on the free clothes we usually get. But, I think it’s great they are concentrating on LGBT. It just depends how cute the clothes are whether I will use them or not. I think a rainbow T-shirt would be really cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top