March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    @applefeather2 The floral thingy on the wall is a decoration that came with Seasons.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I just found out you could actually read the birth certificates and find out whose they are LOL! You just have to have a SIM view them and it will say something like certificate to say that so-and-so is a healthy baby girl. You can't read them after the writing has faded though. I mean I'm sure everybody knew this but I always thought you couldn't read them in the first place and so I was always confused why the fading writing event even bothered to happen LOL

I didn't know that, so cool
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Something everyone was probably aware of but me; I had always thought that Siobhan and Morgan Fyres were step-sisters, but they're actually full blood sisters, oops! 😅
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Something everyone was probably aware of but me; I had always thought that Siobhan and Morgan Fyres were step-sisters, but they're actually full blood sisters, oops! 😅

Haha well it's new information to me but I have no idea who they are. Random townies I'm assuming but I don't ever play or look at any of the ones in the game LOL I just create all my own people
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,880 Member

I thought so at first too, since they look completely different. :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    If you have your sim wash clothing with flora additives, there is an option to sniff sims wearing those cleaned clothes! This is news to me. lol Sorry if everyone knows this already.
    9A5Kwaz.png
    @GoldenBuffy Nice shot. By the way, what is that floral picture? I don't remember it.

@applefeather2 it came with Seasons I believe. And thanks! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

I thought so at first too, since they look completely different. :)

It can seem like that at first, but if you look closely and ignore skin tone, Dominic and Morgan look like quite similar, especially around the eyes, to me anyway ^^ Not so much Moira and Siobhan though, and the sisters themselves don't look all that similar.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• mosugamosuga Posts: 5 New Member
    does anyone know if there's a grace period for posting? just made this account
    mosuga wrote: »
    does anyone know if there's a grace period for posting? just made this account

Once you have about 25 posts and 50 points or somethng you become a full member and can post photos and have a profile picture. You get points by people giving you likes and awesomes on your posts. I just marked you as "awesome" to help you out :) Oh also you need to have been a member for 24 hours. That was the part that took longest for me, it's easy to get 25 posts, just play a couple of the offtopic games and introduce yourself. I thought it'd take ages but it didn't at all as there's sooo much discussion on this forum. Welcome!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,014 Member
    edited June 2019
    Turns out babies can send you Love Day gifts from the mail. I had my sim check her mail for presents, and the kid she just popped out four hours ago got her a really expensive gift.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    "> @KevWalker said:
    > I just found out - the hard way - that if your sim extinguishes themself in the shower after being on fire, they then have to have another shower to clean up! I would have thought they would rather need to visit the hospital - isn't that the way it worked in TS3?"

I didn't know that your sim could extinguish themselves in the shower to be honest!
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Turns out babies can send you Love Day gifts from the mail. I had my sim check her mail for presents, and the kid she just popped out four hours ago got her a really expensive gift.

rethinking having kids IRL now
    still using fabric softener
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,014 Member
    _starfrog wrote: »

Real kids just give you drawings and snails.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Not true. My real kid gives me loads of rocks, leaves, Dandilions and pipe cleaners :p
  • LunarBritneyLunarBritney Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't know that if you have the parenting skill at level 7 or more (can't really remember the exact level) you get a new interaction on the baby and it will tell you what the baby wants, like a bottle or attention.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

I didn’t even know Love Day gifts could be sent in the mail!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

And headaches. :D
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not happy because a sim's parent looks nothing like your sim when you use "play with genetics" in CAS?

xA3owP9.png

One way you can create a parent that looks like your sim is to save the sim to the gallery, then place them in the household again, age them up and then edit them (so they do not look completely identical) and then make them your sim's parent.

6r3yI6x.png

Post edited by logion on
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Not sure if its been mentioned before, but I just discovered today that Meditating (Wellness skill/Spa Day) reduces the time on (and eventually removes them if you do it long enough) Curses you get from Selvadorada :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Fruity fizzy drinks, readily available in health spas, increase a sim's fun need.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Fruity fizzy drinks, readily available in health spas, increase a sim's fun need.

Lol! I did not realize this and I've had Spa Day forever!
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    @Rouenpucelle when you choose the "Ask sim to Move in" interaction you can actually choose to only move in the one sim you want. You don't have to move in every sim in his previous household. It automatically populates it, like you want that, but you can select just the one person you want.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I didn't know that kids can use aspiration points to purchase hidden traits. I thought you can only do that once they become a teen. I am making a super sim family so every member has every trait, and completes every aspiration. It makes it easier when I can start them young lol.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    Love all this stuff, please keep it coming cause I'm learning so much!
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    In Get Famous you can actually torture certain sims with fame using traits.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top