The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Chanel1993 wrote: »
    I didn't know human sims can have a baby with a cat/dog...
    That’s DEFINITELY a bug. I’d report that on Answers HQ immediately if I were you.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    There IS a memories system in The Sims 4 that’s not well known. There’s a button somewhere; I think in the camera/view panel.

I'm curious about this. Does the memory actually affect the sims involved or is it just simply us tagging a photo as a memory?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Chanel1993 wrote: »
    I didn't know human sims can have a baby with a cat/dog...i joke you NOT.. I have a screenshit of the baby's genealogy which labels the cat as the baby's father and the cat's family tree of cats as well

This happened back when Cats and Dogs first released to players who used MCCC. One of my current sims has biological dog-siblings through her dad for this very reason. If you use that mod, make sure you have the latest version. If you don't, definitely report it as a bug.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I learned if you time the holiday just right, the Flower Bunny can appear right when you're headed into the final event of Strangerville. How the bunny even got in there remains a mystery, but s/he makes a great recruit!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    There IS a memories system in The Sims 4 that’s not well known. There’s a button somewhere; I think in the camera/view panel.

I'm curious about this. Does the memory actually affect the sims involved or is it just simply us tagging a photo as a memory?
    Tagging a photo as a memory and assigning an emotion to it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2019
    You can visit another sims home (or lot) that a planned event was set.

For example, you might have planned a house party with one of your households at a certain day and time. Now if you go happen to go to another household and travel to said lot that the house party is suppose to take place it will still take place and your sim doesn't even have to be invited for it. A caterer, mixologist will come if you had hired them in th eother household and guests that were invited will also come. :3

There's peak hours for certain lots like bars and night clubs. Much as I enjoy having my sim dance tilt he sun comes up I notice the DJ leaves out about 4am and usually won't be back until 12pm. Til then, any sims coming onto the lotwon't be looking the dance as they'll be hitting up the bar for the most part, socializing and looking at tv for the most part.

Also, didn't realize a sim could multitask by drinking and being on the computer. Now my sims can drink coffee while playing computer games all day. :tongue:

Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    I learned if you time the holiday just right, the Flower Bunny can appear right when you're headed into the final event of Strangerville. How the bunny even got in there remains a mystery, but s/he makes a great recruit!

I didn't even know there was a flower bunny. Is it only with Strangerville?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    February11 wrote: »

It's the equivalent of the Easter Bunny, it came with Seasons :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2019

No Flower Bunny is the Easter Bunny. If you add holidays to you calender and add Easter you can have the Flower Bunny come to your house the same as Father Winter(Christmas). It is in the same box that you pick out or remove things to do for each holiday. You can pick hunting for eggs, a grand meal, trick or treat in that box
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

If I'm remembering correctly the pictures gives your sim a mood/emotion if that said picture have an emotion attach to it. Like if a painting is a sad painting, your sims would get sad around that painting. Its the same with the pictures I believe.
    @SeaDragonSong and @HIstoricgal Thanks for that. I have seasons, but never noticed it - probably never looked :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @SeaDragonSong and @HIstoricgal Thanks for that. I have seasons, but never noticed it - probably never looked :)

Your very welcome, lol there are quite a few things I don't notice in the game now that there is so many things which have to or can be done.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited May 2019
    You can influence adult children to do things for you! Handy, especially when they come to visit :dizzy:

eXpbLuF.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I didn't know that when a girl and a boy sim get married that eventually the girl sim will changer her last name to match her Husbands. Isn't this so cute?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Today I learned that rainbows randomly appear in the sims..and they apparently don't care about time as the fact I've paused the game to take a screenshot...and it still disappeared.
    I didn't know that when a girl and a boy sim get married that eventually the girl sim will changer her last name to match her Husbands. Isn't this so cute?
    Have they changed that, as it never used to happen, I've always gone into CAS and change it myself.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No, I don't think they have. I'm pretty sure it takes a few sim days, but for me, it's happened several times.
    funny-gifs20.gif

I'll keep an eye on that then. I have a wedding coming up soon :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
    No, I don't think they have. I'm pretty sure it takes a few sim days, but for me, it's happened several times.

When the sims 4 first came out. Married sims didn't change their names. You did indeed needed to go into cas to change your sims names. Tho I usually needed my females to keep their last name since I usually play legacy style.
    @February11 hope that answer your question.
    Nakendra wrote: »

When the sims 4 first came out. Married sims didn't change their names. You did indeed needed to go into cas to change your sims names. Tho I usually needed my females to keep their last name since I usually play legacy style.

Yes I remember at first the names didn't change, but I wasn't aware that now they do.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member

Yes I remember at first the names didn't change, but I wasn't aware that now they do.

It's from the MCCC mod
    afai1261 wrote: »

It's from the MCCC mod

Ahh, so it's not changed - unless you've got the mod.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

For example, you might have planned a house party with one of your households at a certain day and time. Now if you go happen to go to another household and travel to said lot that the house party is suppose to take place it will still take place and your sim doesn't even have to be invited for it. A caterer, mixologist will come if you had hired them in th eother household and guests that were invited will also come. :3

There's peak hours for certain lots like bars and night clubs. Much as I enjoy having my sim dance tilt he sun comes up I notice the DJ leaves out about 4am and usually won't be back until 12pm. Til then, any sims coming onto the lotwon't be looking the dance as they'll be hitting up the bar for the most part, socializing and looking at tv for the most part.

Also, didn't realize a sim could multitask by drinking and being on the computer. Now my sims can drink coffee while playing computer games all day. :tongue:

I set up a party with my current household and invited the sims I was about to rotate to, but when I rotated to them, there was no notification of the party and they didn't go. So do I have to remember the party details and travel there? I feel disappointed.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    There's a very low croak sound when you switch sims as you play. I've never noticed it before, but after getting great quality headphones I can hear it and it's driving me mad.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I set up a party with my current household and invited the sims I was about to rotate to, but when I rotated to them, there was no notification of the party and they didn't go. So do I have to remember the party details and travel there? I feel disappointed.

Looks like you have to take you sim there to the part. So you might do need to remember the date and time you set the party as.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top