Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I enjoy Sims 4

It sometimes feels so isolating on this site to love this game but I love it. Compared to other iterations, I've felt like with this one, I can create the stories I want best and it's one of my biggest creative outlets. These forums sometimes get me down though because it feels like I'm being made out to be a shill for EA if I don't see an issue with something or I enjoy a particular feature or pack others don't like or I must only enjoy the game because I must be a new player who hasn't played other Sims games

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Good for you, enjoy.
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Good for you, enjoy.

Thanks! Hope you're also enjoying whichever iteration you're playing 😃
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yeah, that's essentially how these forums work. If you say you like anything about the game, you're a shill. If you say you hate anything about the game, you're a whiner. There are no inbetweens.

Don't let it get you down, though. There's a nice community underneath all that drama ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CrayonlessCrayonless Posts: 20 Member
    I hate what EA have done; hiding so much content behind a hundred game packs/stuff packs and expansion packs. BUT having built up a relatively sizeable collection I do really enjoy the game, as well. It's really gorgeous, and the build mode is just brilliant. Honestly, you're never going to compete with nostalgia, and this game has been going on for so long that a lot of the people who are playing have grown up with it. But I don't think Sims 4 deserves all the hate it gets, they just shouldn't be charging so much for it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    You're are not alone. I love this game as well. I play it every night for hours. It did have a bad start for me with the lack of toddlers at release and a few other things but I really do feel like they've made lots of improvements and I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Meishak wrote: »
    Good for you, enjoy.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I see someone say ‘good for you,’ I almost always interpret it as sarcasm.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I enjoy it immensely. It actually has tied with Sims 2 as my favorite...and I've played them all, except three because yuck.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yeah, there is a lot of gatekeeping on the forums, where if you enjoy The Sims 4 you are not a Real Simmer (TM). For me, I peruse the place for news, take the forums for what I enjoy, and make liberal use of the ignore function. That being said, the forum is a lot better than it was before the EA professional moderators took over.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I used to get that feeling a lot. I guess I've learned to pay more attention to the positive posts so I don't get pulled down so much anymore. Loving TS4 since I first played it has not been easy!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    Good for you, enjoy.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I see someone say ‘good for you,’ I almost always interpret it as sarcasm.

OP didn't tho. Seems like they're one of those who tend to think the best of others. :)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2019
    I am a HUGE sims 4 fan. And Ive been playing ever since the age of 10, way back in the year 2000 with The Sims 1 . Nobody's opinion on the sims game holds more weight than mine. NOBODY is more of a real simmer than I am. So I don't let the hate affect me. People have been trying to knock the sims 4 since it came out.

To me it is an amazing game and I literally could not go without it! I hate not playing sims 4 :D I own each and every pack and I always will o:)

Personally, it is the best sims game yet, in my eyes. Are there some points that were stronger in other games yes? Are sims 2 and Sims 3 a better playing experience overall, than sims 4? My answer is no. I find the sims in TS4 to be the most believable and endearing sims we've ever had.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Furthermore, these are the type of posts I want to see. A game like this only comes around once in a lifetime. And its truly amazing that we can even be a part of it because it IS the only game like it. And perfectly suited to the little people like me, who like to use video games as a way to mold a world vision that isn't possible in real life. And it allows us to explore all of lifes possibilities, big and small.

These kinds of posts are a good reminder that we are out here. No, the others aren't the only ones with the voice and we are allowed to rejoice and be happy with the game just as loudly as some others are unhappy :smile:<3
  • Options
    Charging so much for it? Do you recall the price of Sims 3 expansions? Refresh my memory please @Crayonless
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You are welcome to enjoy the game. I used to, but unfortunately with time the enjoyment stopped. Some updates to the game have made the game unenjoyable for me. I had to find mods to fix that. Also, my game has been unplayable lately due to many bugs introduced that have not really been fixed. You are lucky to still enjoy it.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I'm glad you do never feel bad for being positive about what you enjoy when it comes to games it's not so black and white, some things are literally bad because they never gain a following and eventually they lose support sure it happens. Then some things are only bad in the gray area in opinion one hates one function but those that enjoy it or the majority wins out because in the end there was something to care about and enjoy. As for liking it, you're just a fan and nothing else and certainly nothing negative video games in that area don't work that way it can never be, people are vocal about dislike so surely you can't think differently than they do. Enjoy it freely and I hope you continue to enjoy it until it's finally considered complete and no more content will be made. :)

As for me I don't always like everything and I've been like that since ts1, since busting out on console but I know I'll play and even when I take breaks I will always come back and enjoy getting my money's worth that way. So I'm all for it what I do like outweighs the rest and that's all I care to hope for, for any game.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2019
    I on the other hand find myself nervous to post critic towards the game, cause I used to get bashed on other type of forums for being critical. Here people seem to understand my frustrations with the game and I like the forum for that. I feel people support eachother of being let down by EA.

By all means, it doesn't mean you cant enjoy the game and I am happy for you that you find so much joy. Is it just as much of a value then any other opinion. There are many great threads to support your thoughts on this. And over all, everyone is a sims fan here and we all share this quirky love for this silly game that sometimes means more to us then anything else :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2019
    me to I enjoy sims4 its fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i have criticism for the game but i enjoy it so much
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    Good for you, enjoy.

OP didn't tho. Seems like they're one of those who tend to think the best of others. :)

Tone is hard to read online so I don't want to put words into someone else's mouth and try and guess what they mean. If they were being sarcastic, it's their prerogative and I can't change how others choose to respond to things
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There's a Happy Play Thread somewhere on the forums -- might be a good time to revive it especially with newer players joining in from the free base game offer that just ended on Tuesday. (The last time I looked it was a few hundred pages long -- a new one would be much better for loading times for people with slower Internet.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

When you compare where the game is now to where it was at launch, it's like night and day. It's not just the paid DLC either (though that's also improved -- look at a pack like Strangerville or Jungle Adventures compared to Outdoor Retreat) but the patch content -- the Toddler patch was almost like a GP in terms of size and content, and while we had to wait 2+ years we might have gotten the best toddlers in the series, especially the realism of being able to do more as they gain skills. Even some of the smaller patches bring a lot of value; I'm enjoying my freelance artist because he now has time to do what he wants, and takes a gig or two when he needs some extra money (along with selling the occasional painting or stocking up on them to sell at the Flea Market).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2019
    Same. It's disgusting how toxic these forums are.
    It's not the game, it's just the people. Have become more used to the internet than before cause the internet has become more popular. The entitlement is horrifying. Like literally there's a gun to these people heads, being forced to play the game or else.
    Such a bizarre choice of life. To do something you hate and complain instead of doing something you like and be happy. I have never once ever gone back to the S3 forum and started lamenting there how S4 is better. It doesn't make any sense. And you can't even talk about how much you like the game on the S4 part of the forum cause you get shot down. A repulsive place, this forum.

edit: I took about a year long break from this and when I came back it was still the same. Now I just block people a lot so I don't see their nonesense.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    My personal view of the forum is that most people here are helpful when others have questions or issues with the game. And there are countless threads celebrating creativity and a lot of support and sharing of ideas. Sometimes I just read and enjoy the spirit of it all. There is some negativity, because this is the internet and people think that they can disprove your opinion with their own, but I mostly just stay away from it. (The constructive criticism is not part of that and should always be appreciated.) I find it hard to understand how anyone can get this upset about a game and get so personal, I will admit that. EA is not a person and a corporation does not care about personal insults. But there is never so much negativity that I feel I cannot express my feelings about the game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I haven’t been on these forums much until recently. I joined in TS2 days, but the forums were a mess back then and not very helpful. I liked TSR, even was a mod. I liked all the tips you can get from others. At the same time, knowing every secret in the game makes it less fun to play and come across by surprise. So I didn’t want to use forums so heavily for TS3, and now I’m just checking things out because I have already explored a lot. Also, some youtube gamers and builders caught my interest and I felt out of the loop.

I love this game, too. There are so many features that make it a million times better than before. I might vent sometimes because maybe I get a bug every 4 months or something, we all want to share things we’d like to see changed in case EA takes note. But I think it’s an exaggeration when people say it’s unplayable without mods.
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Isn't that the point?

Really, you have to enjoy something to (reasonably) spend time talking about what you don't like about it. You complain about aspects of a thing because they make you enjoy that thing less. What's the point of complaining about something you just don't like at all? It's like complaining about some particular preparation of asparagus if you don't like asparagus. If you don't like it, it's never good, so what is there to say? If you like it, then you'll complain if it's badly done. What would anybody who doesn't like asparagus get out of complaining about the quality of a particular resteraunt's asparagus?