Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ya want mermaids in a tropical expansion!?

So, I know that lots of people are speculating that the next Expansion Pack will be some sort of beach world/tropical paradise/Isla Paradiso sort of thing and there's also been talk about mermaids.

I know that answering polls is pretty fun and so I thought I'd ask a question: Would you want mermaids in a possible tropical paradise expansionpack?

Do ya want mermaids in a tropical expansion!? 225 votes

Yas!
56%
icmnfrshJeanIceyJMadstarletMsMayPlayerSinger2010EvilWitch83JCsS1MSSimburianbabajayneSimQueenie9Alexizesimgirl1010robyngravesIObelleJestTruMoon_WillowIsa_Menezesmock68Bluelle 126 votes
Nay.
22%
catmom1987alexspoom13danacnbrettFKM100keekee53MeteoraStormIrdiwenPaigeisin5friendlysimmersSimpkinAeroprincess87rosehrtgirldrake_mccartyloubyloulouCinebarPlumbobCrossingkellzaClassicalSimElenPinkThenyoukissme 51 votes
I don't care.
21%
rudy8292aprilroseWritin_RegIsb917BrokenChaos69CynnaAnmirlaBagoas77Jprp83luthienrisingdragonfreakalanmichael1SjofnKirbySkywalkerR0bertaaecollins21HimRumiyupppixiejuiceCaityTrina 48 votes

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yas!
    A question that I'm gonna ask the SimGurus is...
    "Could there be mermaids? If yes, I'll be super happy, if no, I'll be super dead as heck or I'm OK with it. Mermaids are a human-like water creatures with fish tails."
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nay.
    I mean I won't be mad if they don't come with the pack. But they would be nice to have. As long as other features don't get half baked.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yas!
    Yes... But only if they stay in the ocean and you're so can swim to them or you can live underwater if you want to play one. I don't want them walking all over the town in a human form or something like vampires and aliens do. Not unless there's a toggle to turn them off. But yeah if they are in the water I think it would be fun. That being said, I don't really think they will be included
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yas!
    Personally, I'd rather see them with their own pack, but I'll take them in the EP, as long as their playable.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Nay.
    No, I really don’t care for mermaids.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yas!
    Any and all occults are a welcome change of pace.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Yas!
    I wouldn't really care but hey I would still play with them if we had them and besides, I think it's only fair to all the occult fans (who are usually thrown under the rug) to get another occult. It's about time. I just hope that the Gurus can please everyone with this pack.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Yas!
    Yes... But only if they stay in the ocean and you're so can swim to them or you can live underwater if you want to play one. I don't want them walking all over the town in a human form or something like vampires and aliens do. Not unless there's a toggle to turn them off. But yeah if they are in the water I think it would be fun. That being said, I don't really think they will be included

I get that. If they are to be walking around on land I would like them to look like normal sims and not have scales or anything, so that you really have no idea who is one. But you can always toggle stuff like that with MCC commander.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Yas!
    Yes yes YES! Back when Sims 3 island paradise came out, it was literally the BEST DAY EVER (surprisingly, second best were Supernatural and Vampire releases). I cant wait, I sure hope mermaids are in! I do hope this time they're more than just glorified swim suits. Perhaps some magic abilities would be fantastic, and unique interactions! And decor and all. I do agree I would love them living underwater, but I don't mind also having ability to walk on land. I also believe having different colors+styles of mermaid tails would be amazing and easy to accomplish, like, some tails being regular fish, tropical, freshwater, saltwater, goldfish, shark, etc styles. Ya know? Even like, 4 styles would be really nice. Kind of like different wings for fairies.
    Also, I cant wait for fairies, witches, werewolves, and hopefully elementals and cyclops. I absolutely LOVE the supernatural aspect of Sims series. Where I can play with magical and unusual beings living in somewhat normal scenarios! It makes for fun silly stories i tell my friends :smiley: please EA Simsgurus!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I don't care.
    While I love occults, I don't really care much about mermaids. If we get them, cool, if not, oh well.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Yas!
    I hope if we do get mermaids, which I REALLY hope we do, they would have beautiful new swim animation and beautiful mermaid tails, and magical mermaid powers! Water manipulation (storm calling, rain, some water orbs), singing, charming, silly mermaid transformation in rainy day (flop around like a fish for a bit), and mermaid tail in the bath! Glistening scales on body skin, very faint and beautiful. Ah I can go all day talking about all features I would love <3
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yas!
    I'd enjoy them if they do something different with them, like make them customizable enough to be creepy, like with shark teeth and tentacles and scales and barnacles. I want Davy Jones' crew of the Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Caribbean. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yas!
    Definitely! I love all things supernatural, so I would love a new occult - plus it would make my inner child very happy. I can already see my vampire sim befriending a mermaid on holiday. I hope when/if we get mermaids they are able to walk on land and appear normal until they need/touch ocean water (perhaps this could be a perk you have to earn, or am I getting too Little Mermaid here?).
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't care.
    I don't care as long as there's some method to prevent them from showing appearing.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nay.
    nope~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Nay.
    If we get more lifestates I hope they come in dedicated packs and packs like a tropical expansion focus on other gameplay aspects
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Yas!
    Something new to keep my interest before sims 5!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nay.
    Something new to keep my interest before sims 5!

I mean....TS4 still has some years before TS5.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nay.
    I'd never use them don't care to see mermaids.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Nay.
    no since i would not create some nor would i play mermaids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't care.
    I said I don't care cause it depends

Gamepack? - No, focus on the world and new activities rather than trying to animate half a fish (they can't even dedicate time to animate babies, or shorten teens and re-animate them for the height change)

Expansion? - Sure, I wouldn't begrudge it, it's got more room for features

But they could also make sense in an occult expansion (werewolves, witches, fairies, mermaids? Fits to me)
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Nay.
    62 percent want half fish sims? I just don't understand. I like supernaturals, but mermaids is just too far imo. It's too ridiculous.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I don't care.
    soko37 wrote: »
    62 percent want half fish sims? I just don't understand. I like supernaturals, but mermaids is just too far imo. It's too ridiculous.

I personally like the way mermaids were handled, though as the sims 4 doesn't even allow open water swimming I wonder if the engine could even handle it.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Nay.
    I’ve never liked mermaids. Won’t be a dealbreaker for me if they are in one, though.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Nay.
    No thank you