Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP Confirmed?!?!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Ok... Why would they go all the way to Germany to announce a pack that they already announced a week before ?

It's EA <3 They do weird disappointing things all the time, it's like their purpose. That and it would be hilarious XD

What if they booked the spot and have to use it now but they don't have anything except kitchens and free dishwashers lol
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Ok... Why would they go all the way to Germany to announce a pack that they already announced a week before ?

It's EA <3 They do weird disappointing things all the time, it's like their purpose. That and it would be hilarious XD

What if they booked the spot and have to use it now but they don't have anything except kitchens and free dishwashers lol

Nah, I don't think so... I would be incredibly stupid even for EA...

• Options
    dumb*
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    It means new dlc. They could be hinting at cool kitchen getting a circle. Theyre soon gonna give it one.

Since Cool Kitchen's already been announced, I'd say it's a new EP, probably in September to time with the approximate 1st anniversary of the game.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    New circle either means new EP, SP, or GP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I saw that when I got home, too. I think it probably just means a bubble for Cool Kitchen.

Hmm, good thinking! Plenty of speculation, though!

Well, each of those bubbles is a game and its expansion. We already know Cool Kitchen is coming, so it will get a bubble. It says they are adding another circle (singular), not multiple. So I have to assume it is for Cool Kitchen.

UNLESS Cool Kitchen is already up there (I cannot get the pic large enough to see), and they are announcing another pack. We will just have to wait and see.

Here's the full picture:

CLl9wVCWEAA5f21.jpg

Don't see a Cool Kitchen Stuff circle out there -- but we already know about Cool Kitchen Stuff so that wouldn't really make sense to hype it.

Could be they're going to talk about that, then announce an EP that fits with it -- for example, if it's Nightlife being able to use the new goodies to build your own themed restaurants.

• Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    " We are excited to announce Cool Kitchen stuff( trolololol)" <- This would be the funniest and lamest announcement ever!

Cool Kitchen Stuff is a lame SP itself, tbh

guess you're not an Ice Cream fan then.

Or a builder that wants to make kitchens that do not look like the last 100 kitchens you have built..... :)

I really like the looks of the new counters and cabinets -- with the opaque glass fronts they'll fit really well in a modern open-concept build when combined with the new half walls.

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    There is no doubt in my mind they will announce a new game pack/expansion pack at gamescom. Remember this is their opportunity to get good coverage so they are going to use that opportunity to sell product, not give away free stuff. Now perhaps they will announce toddlers along with that but experience tells me probably not. All we can hope for now is a really good, in depth, value for money expansion....however looking at the latest KITCHEN stuff pack that only comes with one new style of counter (with that probably only one cooker and fridge if we are lucky) I wont hold out much hope

Well, it's a STUFF pack, and only $10 -- there's also CASsets (I like some of the new hairs) and a lot of decor stuff that people have been wanting for their kitchens.

• Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    As the old saying goes,"you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
    Therefore some will be happy and some will be disappointed. It's a fact of life.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    it doesn't mean it's an EP, it could be a stuff pack or game pack..
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ambrown wrote: »

At the first of June, they said they were not going to E3, but that they were in deep preparation for Gamescom. Since then, we have had Perfect Patio Stuff, Spa Day, and the announcement of the release of Cool Kitchens.

It will not be the announcement of just another Sp or GP. It will be something major.

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2015
    It's Cool Kitchen stuff, who knows they may even have even more and here we are debating over a circle of which EP or SP or GP it is whatever it is let's hope it's FUN
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Honestly, we already know about Cool Kitchen and its release. So, I don't see why it would be, or why they would make such a "big deal" over a Stuff Pack that's already been announced that it's getting a sticker on the wall. It should already have one because they announced it and it's releasing to the world on August 11th.

With that being said, it's around that time for an expansion pack to be released. As they said we'd be getting "another expansion pack" this year. I'm thinking the announcement at GamesCom is going to be the Expansion Pack and some stuff that it includes along with "maybe" a release date of September "Something". Because US got Get To Work in March. Even if it was on the 31st... it's still March.

So that's six months in between, if the expansion pack is to release in September. :) (I'm hoping September, as we could use a new expansion pack + I HOPE if this is an expansion pack announcement... that we're getting a new world.. because holy flip. X_X We need one. Need new scenery, k, thanks, EA (x ..)

The pattern should have been: Game Pack, Expansion Pack, Stuff Pack, Stuff Pack, Game Pack, Expansion, but they .. ninja surprised me and announced Cool Kitchen.. so it looks like we'll be getting 3 stuff packs before an expansion pack, if that's what the announcement is this week.

*Crossed fingers*.

Of course, I would love the announcement to be a Family Themed EP, however, if they do make it a "Night Life/Late Night" one.. then I wouldn't be disappointed, because we need some MORE stuff for these bars and new bars, and new night club stuff.. because they're SO boring.. and if restaurants with waiters was included... I'd be SO happy.. ♥ + if that allows us to own and run a restaurant with Get To Work.. then Hoorayy!! :)

Just a few more days, Simmers :D
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    So there I was, innocently scrolling through Twitter.

Then, all of a sudden, I saw this:

11825900_867751729965529_3805800700582331570_n.jpg?oh=62ca6a05f529e98be5b8fb4b1b5175c7&oe=55C2A459

If you can't tell, it's a wall of all of The Sim's EP's, SP's, (and GP's for TS4) with the caption "Another circle is going to be added next to The Sims 4. Find out more tomorrow."

Does this mean a new EP is going to be announced tomorrow? I'm bummed!
    The Sims wall is getting a new circle. It's the end of the world, run for your lives. :D

• Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    Maaaayyybe, just maybe they didn't want to tell us the patch is coming tomorrow because then we would ASSume that the patch went with the announcement and make all kinds of guesses... like, OH, I don't know... toddlers patch with Generations expansion??!!
    lol
    I'm sleep deprived.
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Like many have said, I would imagine all the hoopla around this announcement means something BIG will be coming with that said EP. I think it will be a new idea for an EP that has a mix of previous stuff that is focused around family. I think they first hinted that with that cute tweet pic of a bunch of teens partying and the parents coming home. :) I'm excited for tomorrow! Just hoping to be wow'd and not disapointed. Hoping cars make a return in EP2 as well but I'm not so sure.

This came *so fast* I can't believe it's tomorrow!

Hoping for a great turn in the direction of the game starting tomorrow!
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    ambrown wrote: »

At the first of June, they said they were not going to E3, but that they were in deep preparation for Gamescom. Since then, we have had Perfect Patio Stuff, Spa Day, and the announcement of the release of Cool Kitchens.

It will not be the announcement of just another Sp or GP. It will be something major.

Oh how I hope you are right! @fullspiral
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    We are due for a new EP because we've had GPs and SPs
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    This community makes me laugh sometimes with their speculations lol
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh my god I read too fast and I thought someone said toddlers should be in the Cool Kitchen stuff pack and all I could think of was
    https://youtu.be/kG2EQEsGFCc
    Maybe that's why toddlers are not in the game. They all got burned in TS2. But that is painful!

Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    DiRockDiRock Posts: 105 Member
    I really think that any Sims game is incomplete without College!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! Unfortunately this thread has been inactive for a very long time so I'm going to go ahead and close it off If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top