Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    coffee through my fingers worked again. but addy called me a jinx cause her game gave her trouble :)
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Thanks for the tips and tricks @ciane I always enjoy getting tips from experience builders like you.

@SamelaRita My laptop doesn't like Sims either but for me it is not windows 10 but because I am trying to push to many graphics to fast. I found if you lower your resolution and drop some of your packs you are using it helps some.

@friendsfan367 I am glad the coffee has been working here's to it staying that way. Though hopefully Addie's gets her fixed up too.

I find it interesting to see how people build like some of you who do roof last or outsides first. I am also in the outside first. For me I get my shell done and roof done and maybe a tiny bit of the basic landscaping (or at least a general layout of what I am aiming for) then I go inside. I map out my floor plan/rooms then pick one room at a time to decorate. Sometimes I will see something I want to add in another room and plunk it down in some random location until I get to the room, but as a rule I go room by room. Not moving on to the next until I am happy with the first one. I also tend to do the kitchen first. Since I was raised that the kitchen as like the central hub of a home; but sometimes I will start with a different room.
  • Options
    Skymyst wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips and tricks @ciane I always enjoy getting tips from experience builders like you.

@SamelaRita My laptop doesn't like Sims either but for me it is not windows 10 but because I am trying to push to many graphics to fast. I found if you lower your resolution and drop some of your packs you are using it helps some.

@friendsfan367 I am glad the coffee has been working here's to it staying that way. Though hopefully Addie's gets her fixed up too.

I find it interesting to see how people build like some of you who do roof last or outsides first. I am also in the outside first. For me I get my shell done and roof done and maybe a tiny bit of the basic landscaping (or at least a general layout of what I am aiming for) then I go inside. I map out my floor plan/rooms then pick one room at a time to decorate. Sometimes I will see something I want to add in another room and plunk it down in some random location until I get to the room, but as a rule I go room by room. Not moving on to the next until I am happy with the first one. I also tend to do the kitchen first. Since I was raised that the kitchen as like the central hub of a home; but sometimes I will start with a different room.

i think hers is working now. cause mines being goofy again. :)
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I feel like I've really fallen behind. I got too late of a start on it last night to get anything done. I'm going to leave my game running today so I can hop in and adjust little bits as I can steal away time.

It's good to see some of you are progressing. I hope to have something positive to report soon too. Happy Simming!

@Jessabeans I know how you feel.. I am still working on my first gift and this afternoon I was having a bad case of creative burnout..
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    I feel like I've really fallen behind. I got too late of a start on it last night to get anything done. I'm going to leave my game running today so I can hop in and adjust little bits as I can steal away time.

It's good to see some of you are progressing. I hope to have something positive to report soon too. Happy Simming!

Still plenty of time! There is a little under a month left for creating and no need to feel the pressure of feeling like you're behind schedule.
    I know, I know ... easier said than done.

Maybe some Buddies will make less than planned but that IS okay. Everything that gets gifted will be LOVED by each Buddy (and others!) !!

@ADWilson I appreciate your wise words! Believe me, sometimes life gets in the way...
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »

@Jessabeans I know how you feel.. I am still working on my first gift and this afternoon I was having a bad case of creative burnout..

I am sure you are, you've been so busy with your world. Maybe do something different for a little while and you will find something that inspires you while you aren't actively thinking about it. I have a pretty solid idea what I want to do, it's just a matter of finding the time.

Thank you @ADWilson, I'm sure it will come together soon enough. I think I was a little frustrated I wasn't further along but I need to remember to enjoy myself with it.
  • Options

thats why i said don't compare yourself to ciane. to someone i forget who. everyone is talented in their own way.
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @LMC6255,

You have done an absolutely amazing job creating your world and sooo many lovely builds for it :) .... and like Jessabeans I am not surprised that your creative juices may not be flowing as fast as you would like at the moment.

I know we all have the desire to make something special for our buddies ... but if the pressure mounts up and the fun subsides it's time to take a break and concentrate on something else ... the main reason most of us play TS3 is to relax, enjoy and forget the pressures of RL ... it's supposed to be a game to be played for having a great time after all.

I am sure every one of us will come up with something awesome the others will appreciate whether it's large or small, one or many gifts ... as we all know what is involved in creating things for this game.

Happy Simming! <3 x
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Wise words both @ADWilson and @Hidehi <3<3
    My gifts are going good so far, and I'm so thankful cause most of the time I'm running behind everyone else! :)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Today is going to be busy, I am however going to be getting started on gift 2 which is idea 1.
    Dear buddy,
    There is a floor.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Well we made it through the night alright, though it had it's rough patches because of my storm-anxiety dog. I thought I might turn on my sims and try to hold him and make some progress at the same time, but... 3 a.m. is NOT a great time to try to Sim. You just want a pillow and to lay down. Fortunately, though we got an inch of rain already, the huge hail that others have gotten has managed to miss us.

I'm excited about this current project and hope my buddy and others will like it, but... as always... I am having fun and enjoying the challenge, and that is the plus part of this. If my buddy likes it and plays with it in game, then, that will be the icing on the cake.

I've gotten out my game because the skies were making all sorts of rumbling noises, but I'm trying to stay on-line until I need to resort to planning on paper.

I hope your day is filled with fun things to do, nice people with which to interact, and something that makes you feel especially good.

P.S. thanks for the nice words on my ability. I do hope I live up to your expectations.
  • Options
    @Ciane I'm glad you and your dog are safe. Our family dog was afraid of thunder when I was growing up too. She was labrador but tried to be a lap dog when she was scared, she would follow me from room to room as closely as she could.

3am is not a good time to sim, although sometimes that's the only time it's quiet enough to think.

I hope the weather calms down for you there. I'll trade our abnormally high pollen count for some storms if you'd like.

I'm sure your buddy will love their gift.

@BreeMiles Your builds take longer because you put a fantastic amount of detail into them. I'm glad it's going faster for you this time.
  • Options
    Today is going to be busy, I am however going to be getting started on gift 2 which is idea 1.
    Dear buddy,
    There is a floor.
    Roof, interior walls, and now a floor? What's next furniture? Furniture. You guys are really going fancy. I guess I should put a floor in too, I don't know. ;)

I love these hints. I've almost guessed what they are going to be!
  • Options

I am sure you are, you've been so busy with your world. Maybe do something different for a little while and you will find something that inspires you while you aren't actively thinking about it. I have a pretty solid idea what I want to do, it's just a matter of finding the time.

Thank you @ADWilson, I'm sure it will come together soon enough. I think I was a little frustrated I wasn't further along but I need to remember to enjoy myself with it.

@Jessabeans I agree, sometimes taking a little break helps the mind be more creative! So does a good video, last night I saw Bree Miles' Pigeon Point TS3 and it really gave me a lot of tips for decorating, it helped me a lot! The background music she chose is really awesome! <3

I know you will find the time and you will create something amazing! The high pollen is making a lot of us miserable! I hope you feel better.. ;)
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »
    Hi @LMC6255,

You have done an absolutely amazing job creating your world and sooo many lovely builds for it :) .... and like Jessabeans I am not surprised that your creative juices may not be flowing as fast as you would like at the moment.

I know we all have the desire to make something special for our buddies ... but if the pressure mounts up and the fun subsides it's time to take a break and concentrate on something else ... the main reason most of us play TS3 is to relax, enjoy and forget the pressures of RL ... it's supposed to be a game to be played for having a great time after all.

I am sure every one of us will come up with something awesome the others will appreciate whether it's large or small, one or many gifts ... as we all know what is involved in creating things for this game.

Happy Simming! <3 x

@Hidehi I appreciate your kind words, and understanding where I'm at right now.. I agree! TS3 is what I do to relax and forget about the pressures of RL! I did take a little time out.. The thing is that there are aspects of building that I'm still have a hard time with.. Decorating can be a bear for me! I often try to find inspiration by looking at screen shots of rooms done by other Simmers and that helps.. I saw some videos last night from members of the DNA team, one was from Bree Miles and I saw a couple by Plumioux and the videos helped a lot with helping me see other ways to get around decorating!

You are right, we all will come up with some really aweome gifts that will be enjoyed and greatly appreciated! Happy Simming and I hope your gift is coming along! It will be great fun to see what everyone comes up with!
  • Options
    @BreeMiles I saw your video on building Pigeon Point and you did an awesome job!
  • Options
    @ciane I hope the weather gets better where you live.. I can relate since Summer here where I live offers a symphony of thunder almost every night during the Summer.. I spend a lot of time in the laundry room when it is loud since that is the only room that has no windows.. I am certain your buddy will enjoy whatever you create for him or her! I am certain everyone will be done ahead of schedule..
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn You are already at gift two, wow! That is awesome news!
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    So I can relate to the "scared doggie" pain. We had bad storms here last night and my Emma (who is an Australian Blue Heeler) and thinks she is a lapdog .... Pretty much every day turns into a huge baby when it storms. I rescued her when she was about 8 months and she was badly neglected and tortured by demon spawns ... Err kids! So she is needy pretty much every day but when it storms or the neighbors are shooting off fireworks or guns it gets really bad. I often feel like in those times if she could crawl inside me she would since she presses so hard on me while she shakes.

So I did not get much of anything done the last two days ... But, I have some free time now for an hour or two so going to go into the game and see if I can do something I have seen in one of Semaj's (AKA James - The Sims Supply) tutorials. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Mystik1978 Sims Supply videos haved helped my tremendously! Thanks to his video I was able to use CAW...
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Just got so frustrated I deleted it all and am stepping away ... Will try again later!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn You are already at gift two, wow! That is awesome news!

Well um, if I had opened sims 3 instead of sims 4 I would be ... but I got distracted, so Friday will be when the next project will start, that is after I iron out an oops on the first. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    Just got so frustrated I deleted it all and am stepping away ... Will try again later!

@Mystik1978 I understand how you feel completely! Yesterday I was ready to do the same thing... Getting away and clearing your mind does help one's creativity tremendously!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, rescue dogs come with lots of unknown issues, but lots of love. My rescue guy is a hairless Chinese Crested and he is a little furnace to snuggle up next to!

I did get some quality time with my current project. I'm almost done filling it with stuff and then I have CASting left to do and of course the play testing (which still remain from other projects).

Unlike most simmers, I put most of the stuff in "as is" and then go back and decide what textures and colors later.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Aw, rescue dogs come with lots of unknown issues, but lots of love. My rescue guy is a hairless Chinese Crested and he is a little furnace to snuggle up next to!

I did get some quality time with my current project. I'm almost done filling it with stuff and then I have CASting left to do and of course the play testing (which still remain from other projects).

Unlike most simmers, I put most of the stuff in "as is" and then go back and decide what textures and colors later.

i heard of hairless cats but not hairless dogs.

as for my project its going well just need to flesh out my new idea.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top