Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: Island Living EP, Realm of Magic GP and Moschino SP coming in next 6 months

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling the SP will be a Moschino one. Including items from those marketing photos, which of course some people may well love, but to me look like expensive trash. I really hope I am wrong. It would explain why something which had been practically dead has been resurrected.

I'm with you. I don't want a SP full of clothes I could easily get from TSR. A waste.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    May - Moschino SP
    June - University EP
    September/October - Witches GP
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    May - Moschino SP
    June - University EP
    September/October - Witches GP
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I think it’s interesting that a lot of simmers are thinking that the GP will be witches and not a supernatural EP. I do also think it would be an supernatural GP only because the supernatural fan base is big but also a very particular market and so not everyone will buy the supernatural EP the same way they would say Seasons.

I do want all simmers to be happy so I hope they do include more supernatural stuff but I think it would have been more interesting to introduce a new life state with most EPs and GPs. Rather focusing on that particular life state and really making it alone really detailed but not like Aliens in Get to Work. This way it would result in new life states being released consistently but others would by the packs as well.
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    My idea would be like if they had made werewolves in outdoor retreat and if you went into the forest you could get bitten or witches in a Pleasantville town that came with generations type stuff and they live in one creepy neighbourhood or mermaids you find while playing island life and aliens should have been in Strangeville for an Area 51 type vibe.

Most supernatural series take place in a normal town which has a dark secret or creepy neighbourhood so this would be fitting.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    They really could be anything, but in an ideal world I would love:

EP - Supernatural (I don't expect this, but oh how I want it! I don't care what pack they come in though, just as long as I get werewolves at some point. My vampire needs a pet :D ). Failing that, Tropical Paradise would be my next choice.
    GP - Romance/Weddings (slow dancing, cuddling in bed etc.). Or again failing that, a tropical vacation world theme.
    SP - I would love free babies, but I think that's more likely to be a patch if/when it comes. I'd love a 'Dangerous Stuff' pack. Something for teens or elders would also be nice, or more hobbies for our sims (e.g. knitting/sewing, embroidery, crochet, origami), or just more sleep/underwear or (classy) male fashion. Maybe pool stuff or music/band related? Cars (and bikes) with a mechanic career? Honestly, anything but Moschino would please me right now!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    This is so exciting!! I hope they blow us away and surprise us. All I want is a tropical get away for my sims or heck even a tropical beach world to live in.
  • Options
    TCsimsgalTCsimsgal Posts: 2 New Member
    It will probably be University because everyone wont be quiet about it. They almost have to do it or people will will come running with pitchforks.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    TCsimsgal wrote: »
    It will probably be University because everyone wont be quiet about it. They almost have to do it or people will will come running with pitchforks.

*has pitchfork ready*
  • Options
    snowandbriarsnowandbriar Posts: 45 Member
    As someone who visits cemeteries often, I would love a funeral event and some supernatural elements in my gameplay.
    Based on the content that other players/myself want and content that EA has made before, I'm expecting an occult game pack that most likely has 3 life states and a small world, a university/education expansion pack with a sub-world or lot. This might have some school clubs and more part time jobs/internships. The stuff pack could be anything from farm stuff (I really hope it's this), to beach items. I'm excited for all of these and look forward to playing them. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2019
    Anyways, after just briefly scanning I hope nobody already said this, but the packs are going to be University=EP, Go to School =GP and some school themed stuff pack that you probly need all three to get some special bonus object.

Edit: I gave up on the Get to school mod the updates always break it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think it’s interesting that a lot of simmers are thinking that the GP will be witches and not a supernatural EP. I do also think it would be an supernatural GP only because the supernatural fan base is big but also a very particular market and so not everyone will buy the supernatural EP the same way they would say Seasons.

I do want all simmers to be happy so I hope they do include more supernatural stuff but I think it would have been more interesting to introduce a new life state with most EPs and GPs. Rather focusing on that particular life state and really making it alone really detailed but not like Aliens in Get to Work. This way it would result in new life states being released consistently but others would by the packs as well.

I think the reason most believe Witches will be a GP is that:
    • EPs in TS4 are commonly all over the place and dabble with certain themes. There's bound to be a trade-off. A EP based on supernaturals would only lack(some of) them or their abilities to focus on another. This is why Vampires were said to be "the best" in the sim iterations. They were highly focused for one pack. An EP with multiples wouldn't give much love and care to all of them (not in TS4).
    • It has been complained by simmers time and time again (Since TS3) about Supernaturals including in common EPS (say: Aliens and GTW). It wasn't much of an issue in TS2 since most of them were rare and hard to find. But TS3 caused them to multiply all around the worlds. This made an unwelcomed bias, unfortunately. Many felt as if they were forced within their game without buying a supernatural pack. There was also an issue with the constant alien abductions (both something complained in TS3 & TS4) that eventually caused the developers to "nerf" Aliens. The GP rule, however, gives them all individuality, focus, and complete ability power with no complaints (well..unless you bought it anyway :lol: but that's irrelevent)
    • Overall, simmers at their core love options. Even some supernatural fans don't want the whole bulk. Some prefer werewolves over witches, mermaids over fairies, etc. The chance to have their favorite shine in their own pack may appeal to them more than having them squished in only to have the latter get more of the ability and features. And I think simgurus have noticed this.
    • Last but not least, simgurus have expressed that with the success of Vampires, they were likely going to continue other supernaturals in GPs. I think this is also one of the reasons why vamps don't have a toggle. This was one of the very few ways for them to keep them exclusive for those that wanted them.

Generally, those are most of the reasons I've seen through the forums, twitter. That isn't to say a Supernatural isn't impossible. However, It just feels rather unlikely.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Anyways, after just briefly scanning I hope nobody already said this, but the packs are going to be University=EP, Go to School =GP and some school themed stuff pack that you probly need all three to get some special bonus object.

Edit: I gave up on the Get to school mod the updates always break it.

:lol: Well ironically summer break/graduation season is approaching in the US.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I've gone and merged another thread discussing and speculating on the content of these packs in here to keep the discussion centralized and make sure everyone can read and discuss it in the same place :smile:
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    What I think:
    EP - University or Futuristic pack - I think that after doing something original (which wasn't a bad idea), they'll go with something tried and true, and both of these packs have been in previous iterations. Not many people have mentioned the futuristic pack as a 'want', but the devs seems to like doing those, and a lot of Simmers would like to see robots return.
    GP - Island paradise, Witches or possibly a Teen pack. I'm guessing Witches, since the supernatural players are getting a bit desperate, and I think they've got a fair complaint. Teens need some love, too.
    SP - Moschino pack

What I want:
    EP - Education or Hobbies pack for all ages
    GP - Hobbies (if not the EP) or Witches
    SP - A free patch updating babies and an SP with baby stuff (yes, totally dreaming here). Since we pretty much know it's Moschino, I would hope for a modelling career or BB for teens.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2019
    May : SP15 Moschino Stuff
    June : EP07 University and Boarding School
    July : GP08 Caribbean Vacation
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member

And then nothing until November? That seems unlikely...

I expect an EP in June (after the 32 bit-drop), an SP in August and a GP in September/October.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

I expect an EP in June (after the 32 bit-drop), an SP in August and a GP in September/October.

Same.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2019
    Stuff Packs always came as couple, it's also possible to get Sep./Oct. SP , June EP and July GP.

The 5th anniversary of The Sims 4 is in September, we don't know yet how they planned to celebrate it (Pack or/and free content ?)
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

If a gamepack is dropping at Halloween then i hope that the theme is something dark and magical
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2019

We are not going to get any new DLC until June when the legacy edition comes out. EA has already said the last pack 32bit supports is strangerville. No sense in releasing an add on, allowing people to buy it, and then taking it away when the 32bit edition of the game comes out.

I am fairly confident that the first DLC they will release post ending 32bit support will be an expansion, and I’m confident that it will release sometime in June. Makes the most sense since they will release another EP in the third quarter, as they always have. I predict SP in August, and GP in September.
  • Options
    siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    All I want is a school pack with university, expensive private school (were we have to buy the uniform, school policy), after school class, hobbies like piano lessons.
    And please, no more Moshino! My sims told me they don't want it
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I think the expansion pack is Uni. I am not sure about the game pack although I would love a vacation pack with several destinations including a beach vacay. I am hoping the stuff pack is not Moschino because I hated those clothes, they were ridiculously ugly.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    > @TS1299 said:
    > I actuallt wish someone/modders can dive in deep into the code and find clues for the upcoming coming packs like what haopen with C&D, and Vampires, then we can really find out everything in advance 😎

MOOD AHAHHAHAHAHAHA PLEASE IF SOMEONE'S LOOKING AT THIS WHO CAN DIG INTO THE GAME CODE PLEASE DO IT WE WANNA SEE
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    For some reason a lot of people think a Tropical Beach pack will be a GP rather then an EP. If they make it a GP they'll have to cut a lot. I'd rather they make it an EP so they can get a lot in. A Beach Pack is too big for a GP.