Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Moschino Be Coming to the Sims?

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't mind RL brands if they actually looked good. I did like the items that came with H&M stuff.

Hard pass on a Moschino stuff pack
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well, the Plumbob swimsuit is a little bit cute...

Ah, what am I thinking? It's all... bleh.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    The clothes are ugly, the photo shoot is tacky and the models give me the creeps with their “glossy”/too much CC look.

Can someone tell me who on the sims team comes up with these ideas?? Must be the same person who made Katy Perry’s ST.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I have never heard of this brand before, and judging by the promo photos I have zero interest in their ugly clothing. If they release a stuff pack I won't buy it. And any items they force into my game through patches better have the text in Simlish.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    These clothes look to me as if you are dressing your sim in paper doll clothes that are badly drawn and fit poorly. I don't get it, but I'm old, so.......

Maybe they'll look better in game when our gifted art folks get their hands on them.

A lot of the outfits would look good on teens -- maybe a tie-in with a Teen SP? Since that's one of the top SPs on my list of wants I would be a very happy camper.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Um.. weird. I’m all for cashing in on some cross-promotional stuff, but this really doesn’t make any sense at all. I had not heard of them until this, and after looking at what they actually sell I’m confused over who is even wearing these clothes. Are that many players wearing downright hideous $1000+ outfits? I hardly think these clothes are practical, are players supposed to spend like $300 for a Sims inspired shirt? Lol no thanks. Branded tie in’s should be practical, which this Moschino is absolutely not.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Um.. weird. I’m all for cashing in on some cross-promotional stuff, but this really doesn’t make any sense at all. I had not heard of them until this, and after looking at what they actually sell I’m confused over who is even wearing these clothes. Are that many players wearing downright hideous $1000+ outfits? I hardly think these clothes are practical, are players supposed to spend like $300 for a Sims inspired shirt? Lol no thanks. Branded tie in’s should be practical, which this Moschino is absolutely not.

Quite a few celebrities play The Sims these days -- maybe it's to attract them? I'm personally out of the demographic for 99.9% of the collection but I'd wear some of the clothses if I was maybe 40 or so years younger.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These are just horrible I guess this style of ugly matches Sims 4 current style of clothing but could they not just give us some nice normal clothing for once something you would see people actually wear. Besides townie fashion police threads I see no use with these outfits.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    Eh I'm more of a "New York & Co." (gaah I wish that was a pack :D ) kind of girl myself. But I get it's tough to please everyone with a brand pack/patch though. Everyone's style is so different depending on where someone's from or what they're into. H&M was one of my favorite brands as a kid, so it's definitely a favorite for me. Diesel...I was pretty divided, I loved the menswear, but couldn't stand the women's outfits (except for maybe one dress outfit).

Hopefully, though these are just in-game patches, but even if their not....well it's a stuffpack I guess (there could be 10+ more on the way for all we know lol).
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have said it before but I'll say it again: please, keep real life brands and personalities out of my game.

Also, what a random partnership this is!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I've never heard of this brand before this. The clothes don't appeal to me too much, but maybe will work for teens (The freezer bunny t-shirt is kinda cute). I'm looking forward to seeing what build and buy items come with the pack, probably something modern
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2019
    “One item from the capsule collection, a Freezer Bunny hoodie, will also be released after the event within all of The Sims current titles including The Sims 4, The Sims Mobile and The Sims FreePlay with more game-related announcements to come later this year.”

I'm curious to know what they will announce.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    This looks bloody afwul and a lot like Alpha CC, which really isn’t my thing...
    And I still don’t get the ugly textures. It looks like Minecraft!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think the clothes in the promo pictures are RL clothes for people.

If this is a crossover thing and The Sims gets a Moschino Stuff SP, the designs might be different.

I like the plumbob prints and the pixel denim, but not the bold English text on things. I will be downloading Simlish overrides as soon as they are available (and CAS-hiding/no randoming them while I wait).

I wonder what the new gameplay stuff would be in such a pack? Sewing machine? Modelling?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2019

Quite a few celebrities play The Sims these days -- maybe it's to attract them? I'm personally out of the demographic for 99.9% of the collection but I'd wear some of the clothses if I was maybe 40 or so years younger.

I highly doubt that. Advertisements should realistically reach a broad audience. You will never find ads created and ran to appeal exclusively to famous celebrities. That would be targeting such a small insignificant portion of the player base. There’s only been a few instances were anyone remotely famous has mentioned Sims/Sims 4 without it being a sponsored ad. JK Rowling is the only one that comes to mind with Sims 4.

Idk why they chose this company, but the clothes are without a doubt overpriced and ugly. No matter how you look at it this collaboration is not practical. No one, and I repeat, no one is going to rush off to spend over $300 on a garment just because it’s from a collaborative set with The Sims. Something funny, well more along the lines of ridiculous but it gave me a good laugh, the designer/owner of this company has his own self-described “affordable line” of clothes. The reason he calls them affordable is because they retail for less than $300, all of them still cost over $100. A hat cost $90. EA needs to be realistic here, no one playing this game is buying these clothes and running a collaboration is not going to change that.
    Post edited by drake_mccarty on
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Eh I'm more of a "New York & Co." (gaah I wish that was a pack :D ) kind of girl myself. But I get it's tough to please everyone with a brand pack/patch though. Everyone's style is so different depending on where someone's from or what they're into. H&M was one of my favorite brands as a kid, so it's definitely a favorite for me. Diesel...I was pretty divided, I loved the menswear, but couldn't stand the women's outfits (except for maybe one dress outfit).

Omg, now I want a New York and Co pack lol. Snappy structured trenchcoats, flowy chiffon blouses, tailored pants and high waisted skinny Jean's. Yes!
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I actually hope they make the clothes in the photoshoots for sims, though I’d appreciate using simlish instead of English writing. I know these clothes are sorta wild, but I think they’re neat. I get that we could use some more regular clothing, but I love crazy stuff too.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Some ugly clothes
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Imagine this being the stuff pack. Lol. Will be even worse than MFPS. Who would have thought they would be able to top that one.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just my opinion but at first i thought the outfits in the pics on Sims VIP were a late April Fools joke as they are so hideous , If this is going to be a stuff pack soon the i seriously will refrain from buying this and it will be the first for sims4 i havent got .
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Imagine this being the stuff pack. Lol. Will be even worse than MFPS. Who would have thought they would be able to top that one.

Some folks have been crying for a sequel to the Katy pack and looks like they may have gotten their wish.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Sure hope not. Moschino is ugly as sin.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Who asked for this? OMG, it is gawd-awful! It looks like some kid colored and made the clothes! I sure hope it doesn't come to the game looking like that !

Why didn't they use Sims to model the clothes? RL people don't look right in those pics :o:s
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I think some of you are getting a little ahead of yourselves. Just because Jeremy Scott is doing a Sims capsule collection doesn’t necessarily mean there is going to be a Moschino stuff pack. He’s done this before with other famous characters like The Simpsons, Disney, Spongebob, The Powerpuff Girls, Super Mario, etc. I think we should wait until the announcement after April 13th is made before jumping to conclusions about this.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited April 2019

OMG I WANT ALL OF THEM

@AlbaWaterhouse I don't care when they add some RL brands in SP, like in Sims 2/3. Actually, Sims 2 did it really well with Ikea and H&M, i just hate when they add texts on objects/clothes that don't match the rest of the simlish in the game, it kinda starts looking like CC.