Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what party event do you wan't to see more

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    funereal
    The game lacks this considerably. Even with the remembrance holiday tradition from Seasons, that really only works for Celebrities because it affects the whole sim UNIVERSE.
    Also, funeral is spelled wrong. Not hating, I just can't stand grammar that's incorrect.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    other
    A pool party\BBQ. I really cannot believe this hasn't been added to the game yet. With outdoor living, backyard stuff and season, you would think we would have it already...LOL

Baby shower was my second choice. I think it would be cool to throw a shower and get the crib, toys, etc for the baby. Maybe they can add more gameplay items like baby bath, baby monitor, baby play mat but they might have to change the babies from objects. This is why I didn't choose it as my main choice.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    other
    I would love most of these - funeral and prom being my top two. But a pool party / BBQ is my ultimate favourite. I would also like the option to invite the partners of sims I know whom I haven't met. This is how a dinner party would normally operate. I feel terrible that I can't invite spouses of sims because they haven't met my sim.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    baby shower
    In addition to baby showers and sleepovers, I'd also love to have family reunions.
  • Options
    meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    funereal
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I would love most of these - funeral and prom being my top two. But a pool party / BBQ is my ultimate favourite. I would also like the option to invite the partners of sims I know whom I haven't met. This is how a dinner party would normally operate. I feel terrible that I can't invite spouses of sims because they haven't met my sim.
    I like that idea.

Maybe allow players to have an option to request or allow party guests to bring a friend and/or their family for any party type. That way, parties could be a good way to meet new people and/or form ties between families. Plus, there'd be a totally optional element of chaos- if a guest brings a friend, they could be your Sim's worst enemy and drama could ensue.
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    funereal
    I would rather it come in a pack or Afterlife EP, like on the survey. I would love the funeral to be expanded and Grim. Picking flowers, type of speaker, reading of the will, types of grave stones/urns to pick from(rich, poor, goth, rundown, ect.), buried in yard or graveyard, labeled a ghost, playable ghost, or sent to the afterlife.

I really liked the baby shower too. Easter egg hunt, sleepover, and prom wouldn't be bad things to have either.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    sleep over
    Ah, this was really hard! I chose sleepovers since I would probably use it the most, but I would also really love proms, baby showers and funerals.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    funereal
    I want all of these, but a funeral most that comes with cemeteries.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    funereal
    So many of these were great ideas and would really add to the game, but when only picking one I chose funerals. This would be a great addition when playing a legacy and an important family member passes. I wouldn't mind seeing a Game Pack version of the TS2 Celebration Stuff with a lot of these events in it. :)
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    funereal
    Honestly I'd like a funeral party and a baby shower option. Funeral is first for me, though. Sleepover would be my third choice.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited April 2019
    other
    I think there's a few we need

Singles Parties. This was cut from the base game.

Edit

Oops this is a necro thread from Feb of 2018. Didnt notice the date till after I posted.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2019
    baby shower

Edit

Oops this is a necro thread from Feb of 2018. Didnt notice the date till after I posted.

its not a necro thread they said if I remember right if its an on going want or idea that it does not count as one also it may be a year but the last post last year was November
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't party for funerals and with my upbringing celebrating a death just is so disrespectful to me, I could never do that. I did want solemn respectful funerals, but the poll query is for parties - so the only other thing I ever wanted in the Sims was baby shower and only if we could gift the baby little things they can use - like blankets, baby gyms, clothing, baby furniture - etc, but seeing there is no point in that either - then that is out too. Christmas and New Years, we can do already and some of the rest as well, so I guess my answer would be none.

I have already seen how sims do proms - and to me that is just a big NO!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    All the above, bridal shower, bachelor party, coming of age party. if one religion's events are done like Easter and Christmas then all have to be included (like Bat/Bar Mitzvah, Ramadan, Samhain, etc.) custom parties, criminal parties (celebrating a member of a crew being made. Or initiate becoming a member of a gang etc.), Cultural...
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    sleep over
    I’d like sleepovers and pool parties.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    baby shower
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't party for funerals and with my upbringing celebrating a death just is so disrespectful to me, I could never do that. I did want solemn respectful funerals, but the poll query is for parties - so the only other thing I ever wanted in the Sims was baby shower and only if we could gift the baby little things they can use - like blankets, baby gyms, clothing, baby furniture - etc, but seeing there is no point in that either - then that is out too. Christmas and New Years, we can do already and some of the rest as well, so I guess my answer would be none.

I have already seen how sims do proms - and to me that is just a big NO!

its party and events I put funeral under event I also see baby shower as more of an event @Writin_Reg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    prom
    With prom, it always feature Slow dancing in RL, so why having a prom as a party theme might bring Slow dancing back, and having teens dancing slowly at the romantic music is cool.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    prom
    The teen life state is pretty boring right now. They're pretty much young adults who go to school instead of work and can't WooHoo. Though a lot of those parties sound interesting, I'd really like a prom.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    other
    The teen life state is pretty boring right now. They're pretty much young adults who go to school instead of work and can't WooHoo. Though a lot of those parties sound interesting, I'd really like a prom.

Teens can mess around.
  • Options
    drakharis wrote: »
    All the above, bridal shower, bachelor party, coming of age party. if one religion's events are done like Easter and Christmas then all have to be included (like Bat/Bar Mitzvah, Ramadan, Samhain, etc.) custom parties, criminal parties (celebrating a member of a crew being made. Or initiate becoming a member of a gang etc.), Cultural...

I thought the calendar already allowed you to plan some of those events and custom parties. I have not actually tried any myself, but it was my understanding you could do some of those any way - especially the Holiday/ religious celebrations with it and a few others. Did you check out things you can choose for your own special days -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    With prom, it always feature Slow dancing in RL, so why having a prom as a party theme might bring Slow dancing back, and having teens dancing slowly at the romantic music is cool.

Well past proms they have only allowed the dressed up teens to disappear for a few hours in party/prom clothes in a rabbit hole type fashion - the game would post something like so and so had a nice time at the prom - or what ever - well it was majorly disappointing as I expected to go with my teen to the event, watch them dance and eat - etc but instead it was just that. That is why I said if the proms were like previous ones - no thank you. I really detest rabbit hole events. If sims have an event I expect at least the option to attend with them - not get a rabbit hole event.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    baby shower
    yes I know there are some stuff with seasons but I would like the other things to
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    baby shower
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »

Well past proms they have only allowed the dressed up teens to disappear for a few hours in party/prom clothes in a rabbit hole type fashion - the game would post something like so and so had a nice time at the prom - or what ever - well it was majorly disappointing as I expected to go with my teen to the event, watch them dance and eat - etc but instead it was just that. That is why I said if the proms were like previous ones - no thank you. I really detest rabbit hole events. If sims have an event I expect at least the option to attend with them - not get a rabbit hole event.

what party or event would like to see in game the more the better I think @Writin_Reg
  • Options
    TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    funereal
    I'm torn, because while part of me thinks "maybe if we had a funeral event random grieving sims my sims have never met huddling up in one spot and overcrowding an area won't be a thing anymore", but then one of the most hilarious moments I've ever had in a playthrough ever wouldn't have happened. (long story short: married comedian dies of laughter at his wedding, everyone he's ever and never met grieves except the bride-turned-wife-turned-widow-in-the-span-of-an hour who is just too happy she just got married to care)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    baby shower

thats a great idea @catloverplayer
    Post edited by comicsforlife on