Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I have just learned that the game recognises legacies and you get achievements for a basic legacy, legendary legacy and alphabet legacy!

Would be good if, in the future you could have legacy as a game mode, so the game sets up the conditions, restricts you in terms of money and cheats, scores you? One thing I find difficult is keeping track of my score during a legacy.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just learned that apartment life is kinda gross with mice, roaches and leaking pipes.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,516 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just learned that apartment life is kinda gross with mice, roaches and leaking pipes.
    Yeah some of the starter apartments are really gross! But the ones that somewhat more costly are well managed,(not just the overly expensive ones)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah some of the starter apartments are really gross! But the ones that somewhat more costly are well managed,(not just the overly expensive ones)

I already can't wait till my sims move out. :D

• Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2019

I'm not sure but I think it was somewhere on one of these 268 pages that I read that getting a cat helps getting rid of the mice, but I have not tried it myself, so not sure if that really is a thing.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2019
    I could be wrong but I think Get Together added Sims walking around with Coffee To Go cups. I recently moved my Sims into the apartments in CL and every morning Sims walk through the "neighborhood" with coffee cups in their hands. There isn't even anything nearby that sells coffee lol. They also tend to leave the coffee cups everywhere too lol.
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I have just learned that the game recognises legacies and you get achievements for a basic legacy, legendary legacy and alphabet legacy!

Would be good if, in the future you could have legacy as a game mode, so the game sets up the conditions, restricts you in terms of money and cheats, scores you? One thing I find difficult is keeping track of my score during a legacy.

Stupid question maybe, but where do you find the legacies ?
  • Options
    Lithilien wrote: »

I'm not sure but I think it was somewhere on one of these 268 pages that I read that getting a cat helps getting rid of the mice, but I have not tried it myself, so not sure if that really is a thing.

I was wondering about the cats. I had my sims adopt one but he's still just a kitten. Hopefully when he grows up he can be helpful.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    I don't know, mine just sits in front of the mouse hole and watches, but never does anything about it. And that is supposed to be a “smart“ cat. :/
  • Options
    bobbyjo727bobbyjo727 Posts: 118 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think Get Together added Sims walking around with Coffee To Go cups. I recently moved my Sims into the apartments in CL and every morning Sims walk through the "neighborhood" with coffee cups in their hands. There isn't even anything nearby that sells coffee lol. They also tend to leave the coffee cups everywhere too lol.

Funny you mention this because I noticed the same thing while playing in San Myshuno. Every sim walking around had coffee in hand. I was like, “Where are these sims getting coffee from? There isn’t a coffee stand nearby.” I felt my sim was a bit left out not having her own coffee cup.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,689 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    I've just found out that if you click on the little icon next to a sim's need bar, you can auto-solve it. The sim will seek out the nearest fridge, toilet, etc.

Very handy if you're out and about in a neighbourhood and have no clue yourself where to find the nearest toilet, Simmie always seems to know :smile:

Yes, this is an interesting fact. Hopefully I'll remember it when one of my sims is in a needy situation.
    This has become very handy. I'd no idea you could do this. The sims house I'm playing at the moment is really big with about 4 bathrooms, and lots of levels with bathrooms, so to be able to just click that icon has saved a lot of looking around and clicking on a toilet. SO helpful for all needs now!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    I just noticed all those seed packets the gnomes drop all over the place. I didn't know they did that. Have just spent awhile deleting loads and loads of packages. No more gnomes for me!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    I just noticed all those seed packets the gnomes drop all over the place. I didn't know they did that. Have just spent awhile deleting loads and loads of packages. No more gnomes for me!

I deleted the gnomes from the holiday too. It's so annoying collecting all those seed packets. :D
  • Options
    I kinda wish the stuff you get from Seasons (Gnomes, Seed, Packets, Decorations from the Decoration box) sold for $0.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    I didn't know male teen Sims' voice will change automatically to a deeper tone when they age up to young adult! Maybe it's a well known fact, but I play a lot of challenges that don't involve families and in those that do, I've never aged up a male teen until now, only females. I love that little added touch of realism. Very cool! :)
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I didn't know male teen Sims' voice will change automatically to a deeper tone when they age up to young adult! Maybe it's a well known fact, but I play a lot of challenges that don't involve families and in those that do, I've never aged up a male teen until now, only females. I love that little added touch of realism. Very cool! :)

One of my particularly handsome teen sims aged up recently with a particularly girly voice which disturbed me - thankfully I managed to change it. In the past that was a glitch and all the teen males had girly voices. Very off putting :#
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @February11 Ohhh, yeah, I remember reading threads about that! At the time I didn't know they meant the voice should get deeper for male teens when aging up. I figured when it changed to girly with the bug, they were expecting their voices wouldn't change at all. lol Now I know better. ;)
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member

https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/

Unless you mean the achievements in the game, in which case I have no idea! I don't actually know how to view achievements unless you get one unintentionally and then you can click the message that pops up on your wall.

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When a new baby is added to the household, any siblings may take a look and get sad if they didn't want a new brother/sister. They may also be happy and look forward to playing with their new brother/sister.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    When your Sim is out in town, you can click on him or her and the option to Go Home appears! Just found that out!
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I found out recently that you can clone the money fruit.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    ARCTICORNEARCTICORNE Posts: 56 Member

https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/

Unless you mean the achievements in the game, in which case I have no idea! I don't actually know how to view achievements unless you get one unintentionally and then you can click the message that pops up on your wall.

You can access achievements in Live Mode in the Options Menu.
    SfLZzzI.png
  • Options
    You can access achievements in Live Mode in the Options Menu.

I wish Console gamers got the same number of achievements/trophies
  • Options
    Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Not sure if it has been mentioned. but if you go to the screenshot manager you can make pictures you've taken into a happy memory
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    I just learned that if you have Get Together and you go to certain types of lots, clubs that meet at those lot types might be having a gathering without you. I thought it was quite a coincidence when one whole extended family showed up at the restaurant when I was playing another household, then I noticed the club markers above their heads. I had created a club that had "any restaurant" as a hangout to keep that family in touch, and they were meeting on their own.

Just now that I know that I have to make sure not to go to any outdoor only dining establishments during the day since my vampire couple is part of that club.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top