Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Only learnt yesterday that you can be invited to concerts (rabbit-holes) by other sims... when was this made!?! Got so excited when this happened to my sim yesterday!
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Rosybear wrote: »
    Only learnt yesterday that you can be invited to concerts (rabbit-holes) by other sims... when was this made!?! Got so excited when this happened to my sim yesterday!

It came in City Living! It’s been quite buggy though and I personally haven’t gotten it to work properly, glad to hear it seems to be working now.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Interesting, my Sim has a friendly relationship with her talking toilet :D
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    > @Rebbilina said:
    > Rosybear wrote: »
    >
    > Only learnt yesterday that you can be invited to concerts (rabbit-holes) by other sims... when was this made!?! Got so excited when this happened to my sim yesterday!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It came in City Living! It’s been quite buggy though and I personally haven’t gotten it to work properly, glad to hear it seems to be working now.

Ahh that makes a lot of sense, definitely hope this bug is gone then :smile: I wonder how much I have never learnt about Sims because of bugs like this, I'm curious now!
  • ThessiThessi Posts: 2 New Member
    @izecson @Bearpal64 My sims do it all the time, but I have to click right in the middle of the bed. It seems like there is a "right spot" and it can be difficult to find it, but the spot doesn't change, so when you've found it, it should be easy to get them to do it. Hope this helps :-)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    You click on the mailbox during Harvest Fest and gives you the option to mail out thank you cards
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    You click on the mailbox during Harvest Fest and gives you the option to mail out thank you cards

I noticed that!
    I also noticed that if you have a holiday that involves giving or receiving presents, you can check the mailbox for presents!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I noticed some weird floating lightning in Sylvan Glade while my sim was fishing. I zoomed into that lightning and found this. Interesting :o

71RuXq1.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

Coincidentally you can also forge break up letters on love day. :*
    5vJrxmT.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The best way to make money with the recycling bin is to drag items into it. If the butler or visitors use it, you earn nothing.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited April 2019
    I guess it was Itchy Plumbob...
    Apparently patients can die from certain illnesses at the hospital :astonished:
    FtnTCXy.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

This is a really fast way to raise Empathy for teens as there's no limit to how many cards you can send.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've just found out that if you click on the little icon next to a sim's need bar, you can auto-solve it. The sim will seek out the nearest fridge, toilet, etc.

The only time I tried doing this, the Sim auto-solved by promptly peeing her pants.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I learned that in the April 2019 patch the laptop is an unlockable. Now I have to use cheats EVERY STINKIN TIME.

That's a new laptop added to be unlocked with Freelancer career. There are still the two other laptops that can be bought at any time.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I don't wanna make a thread but did they update what stuff can go on shelfs? I remember that a lot of stuff wouldn't go on shelfs. Like the bottles with pets treats etc. But now it works? :o
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    > @Samsonguy9000 said:
    > nerdfashion wrote: »
    >
    > I learned that in the April 2019 patch the laptop is an unlockable. Now I have to use cheats EVERY STINKIN TIME.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's a new laptop added to be unlocked with Freelancer career. There are still the two other laptops that can be bought at any time.

Are those base-game or DLC-specific?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    > @Samsonguy9000 said:
    >
    > I learned that in the April 2019 patch the laptop is an unlockable. Now I have to use cheats EVERY STINKIN TIME.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's a new laptop added to be unlocked with Freelancer career. There are still the two other laptops that can be bought at any time.

They must come with Strangerville then, that’s the only pack I don’t have and I only have the unlockable laptop

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

This is a really fast way to raise Empathy for teens as there's no limit to how many cards you can send.

Speaking of: Appeasing Gnomes give you Empathy. If they like it, of course.
    And coffee seems to be a sure bet. Are the gnomes Swedish? We sure like our coffee...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    > @Samsonguy9000 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

They must come with Strangerville then, that’s the only pack I don’t have and I only have the unlockable laptop

Same here. I cheated the laptop to be available, and the good news is that it is a computer that sims are not hooked on. It sits in a sim's inventory and I've never seen the test sim pull it out autonomously. Looks like laptops could be the way forward for me.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Oh great to know! Thanks 😊
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I just realized you can enter an occupied lot in build mode instead of play mode, and it doesn't cost the household money. At least it didn't seem to take any of Vlad's money when I remodeled Straud mansion.
  • EvsSimsEvsSims Posts: 39 Member
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > SimAlexandria wrote: »
    >
    > You click on the mailbox during Harvest Fest and gives you the option to mail out thank you cards
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is a really fast way to raise Empathy for teens as there's no limit to how many cards you can send.

Thank you for this tip!!!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

Speaking of: Appeasing Gnomes give you Empathy. If they like it, of course.
    And coffee seems to be a sure bet. Are the gnomes Swedish? We sure like our coffee...

I usually go with coffee as well, and they very rarely dislike it.
    (us Norwegians like our coffee as well B) )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top